Author Topic: Interesting Mystery Basket  (Read 2746 times)

Offline 127001

Interesting Mystery Basket
« on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 15:01:14 »

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
Re: Interesting Mystery Basket
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 15:06:32 »
are those rubber dome keys?

Offline 127001

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 15:09:11 »
The majority probably are, looked like there's a bunch of different stem types though. I thought I same an MX double shot in the with a broken stem but can't be sure.

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
    • Alessandro's Sweet Shop
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 15:25:50 »
Apart from a couple of Alps at the front I can't see anything worthwhile.
KBC Poker | MX Reds | Beige Doubleshots
Goldtouch 10Key Pad | MX Browns | Beige Doubleshots
IBM Model M-122 Terminal (Bolt modded) | Buckling Springs | Beige Dyesubs

Alessandro's Sweet Shop- "I never said they were art."

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 15:58:33 »
LOL.. $45 for that?

you can buy 9x $5 rubber dome boards and have more keys than that.

Offline blueSmoke

• Life is what happens while you're busy Fixing RSI
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 16:01:37 »
I would be wary of this. Seller says there are over a 1000 keys, (looks to me even more from the dimensions). We dont know if the seller used key pullers gently to life the alps tops, so some of the alps stems must be twisted/broken and whatnot. Same for Cherry mx. More like SP grab bags, but with SP we knew that there will be a lot of colored & variety. Here we dont know what/how many keyboards were dismantled and we are paying more than the SP price for a majority of RD caps.

May be ask the seller for some more info about the keyboards he dismantled.
Model M, Filco Tenkeyless White, Few others, few more others, Noise-hater (ongoing project), blah-blah (to be fillled later...)

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
    • Alessandro's Sweet Shop
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 16:03:20 »
Looking at his other items I'd just say he's being a little silly...
KBC Poker | MX Reds | Beige Doubleshots
Goldtouch 10Key Pad | MX Browns | Beige Doubleshots
IBM Model M-122 Terminal (Bolt modded) | Buckling Springs | Beige Dyesubs

Alessandro's Sweet Shop- "I never said they were art."

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 16:06:16 »
This is overpriced junk. Considering that the going rate for keyboards at thrift stores is $1-$3, you would do much better with a $20 bill there.

When I saw the thread title, I was thinking a wheelbarrow full for $20, and that it might be worth it for a cool art project.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 17:56:59 »
Not enough keys to make a horsey...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 18:07:09 »
Perhaps enough for one of these ...

47304-0
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 18:12:15 »
Perhaps enough for one of these ...

(Attachment Link)

Damn, nice skull sculpture.  Might try something similar myself, when I have some spare time.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 23:44:10 »
We dont know if the seller used key pullers gently to life the alps tops, so some of the alps stems must be twisted/broken and whatnot. Same for Cherry mx.

Evidence suggests you are correct:

Though I'm curious as to the colourway of the KB this came from. I wonder if it was a typewriter.

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 23:45:56 »
i see some clacks in there

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 23:52:41 »
I see rubber dome, alps, broken mx, and a topre compatible doubleshot!

https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 00:06:55 »
All those seem to be the minority - most seem to be rubber dome keycaps.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 06:51:14 »
Well, somebody buy it. I might take some of the Alps off your hands, unless they are low-grade ABS.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Eiríkur

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 17:47:00 »
I see Maxi Switch rubber dome keys.  They look exactly like the keys on my Gateway Anykey, and the Maxi Sound keyboard (sometimes seen as a Bloomberg keyboard, Altec Maxi Sound keyboard, etc).   I was looking to make an Anykey with some of the nicer keys from the dark version of the Maxi Sound and some of the Angry Fruit Salad from a Bloomberg.  The Maxi Sounds are actually tolerable feeling, but the Anykey I have is miserable.  Sort of a dumb but cheap project.  Maybe I could swap the domes for the main array.

My first post

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 18:08:51 »
I see Maxi Switch rubber dome keys.  They look exactly like the keys on my Gateway Anykey, and the Maxi Sound keyboard (sometimes seen as a Bloomberg keyboard, Altec Maxi Sound keyboard, etc).   I was looking to make an Anykey with some of the nicer keys from the dark version of the Maxi Sound and some of the Angry Fruit Salad from a Bloomberg.  The Maxi Sounds are actually tolerable feeling, but the Anykey I have is miserable.  Sort of a dumb but cheap project.  Maybe I could swap the domes for the main array.

My first post
Welcome to Geekhack!
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.