Author Topic: Hey girls and guys, women and men.  (Read 1425 times)

Offline TTheuns

Hey girls and guys, women and men.
« on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 21:43:56 »
Hello fellow enthusiasts,
I've been a part of this forum for longer than I can remember (a solid 6 months now). But I never introduced myself.
My (user)name is TTheuns, I'm from the Netherlands, and I got sucked in while building my first PC.
I was looking for a decent keyboard to pair with my (then) beastly PC and finally settled on a mechanical keyboard. A Ducky Shine 3 TKL with Cherry MX Blues and white backlight.
Since this would be the first time getting a mechanical keyboard I scoured every webshop in the country for the Blues. Only one single webshop had Blues in combination with white backlighting.
Everything was fine after that, I was completely satisfied with that keyboard. Until...

MASSDROP! (*GASP*)

I picked up a set of blank PBT keycaps for the board and after a delay or two finally received them. While looking at my creation I felt like something inside me had changed.
Two months later I was looking at building my own keyboards, after reading Matt3o's Whitefox/Brownfox guide. I decided to put building something entirely custom on hold for a while, though.
So I went off to find the perfect layout. I bought a TKL in the first place because I knew the numpad would be pretty much useless to me, and although I had been eyeballing a 60% layout for a while, I decided I definitely needed arrow keys. (I needed them for maybe two games.)
After about a month of looking around I got lucky, Originative Co. launched the TADA68 R2. I jumped in and ordered one with their own MOD-L switches.
When I finally (after an insane amount of problems) got delivery of that board, I realized way too soon that I really didn't need dedicated arrow keys.
Nevertheless, I decided I'd keep that board for a while.
Remembering the satisfaction it brought me to see custom keycaps on my Ducky, I bought into MiTo's XDA Canvas drop for the TADA68.
That's where it all went wrong.

A few months later I had a set of DSA Granite on the way for the Ducky. (I had been in love with that set after seeing Matt3o's guide)
Then I bought a Planck. (Interesting layout, compact footprint, and I got to support a genuinely nice guy, Jack)
Then an SA Ice Cap set for the Planck. (First foray into SA. I love the profile from pictures, but never actually tried it. [It lived up to the hype])
Then a set of DSA Miami Dolch, for a board I didn't own yet. (I fell in love with the color scheme)
Then a kit for a 60% (Miami board all set)
Then enough supplies for two more 60%s. (HELP ME)

That brings us to present day.
Waiting for supplies to come in and anxious to see some products return to our community. (I'm looking at you SA Nuclear Data)

Thank you for reading my entire MKB autobiography, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask below.

Disclaimer: This post was typed between 4:30-5:00 AM, after a long workday. (Some alcohol was involved as well). There will probably be a lot of grammar-based errors, sorry in advance. I'll try to correct them as much as I can as soon as I have had some sleep.

« Last Edit: Sat, 24 June 2017, 21:49:20 by TTheuns »

Offline antquinonez

Re: Hey girls and guys, women and men.
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 12:54:20 »
Well, you went in deep!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 13:36:32 »
Sorry to have to be the one to tell you..

Buhhh   Geekhack = ALL DUDES..

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 23:59:39 »
Welcome to GH! You've got a nice collection there in such a short time.