Author Topic: What do you eat? The thread about things you eat.  (Read 530683 times)

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
Re: What do you eat? The thread about things you eat.
« Reply #2750 on: Thu, 15 June 2023, 10:26:28 »
Hey phinix, how much weight have you lost?

In few days (19th) its going to be 2 months post surgery. Overall I lost ~28kg.
However, now weight slows down, body learnt what is my intake now, metabolism is slower than before surgery, that means sometimes my weight stays the same for week, even if I only eat around 600cals a day. Weird as hell, but that's how it works.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2751 on: Thu, 15 June 2023, 11:45:49 »

I cannot drink whole glass at once!

3 attempts with half an hour between to drink a pint of beer - at least you could theoretically never get drunk!
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline iri

« Reply #2752 on: Thu, 15 June 2023, 11:51:15 »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2753 on: Thu, 15 June 2023, 14:22:01 »

In 2 months? Holy crow, congrats my man!

Offline phinix

« Reply #2754 on: Thu, 15 June 2023, 16:18:16 »

I cannot drink whole glass at once!

3 attempts with half an hour between to drink a pint of beer - at least you could theoretically never get drunk!

Yeah, I quess I would not be able :)
I cannot drink alcohol anymore, but in theory it would be the case.
But in the past 0.5l of vodka couldn't make me drunk, so in any circumstances chances would be slim :)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline phinix

« Reply #2755 on: Thu, 15 June 2023, 16:20:54 »
Overall I lost ~28kg.
:eek:

In 2 months? Holy crow, congrats my man!

Yeah, it is a lot, even for gastric sleeve.
First 11kg I lost during pre-surgery diet - liquid only, it was around 10 days. Then surgery - removing stomach, 2 days in hospital - another 4kg. Then rest of it was till now, so yeah, pretty good achievement.
However now, I lose around 1kg per week, so not too much.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2756 on: Sun, 09 July 2023, 13:56:14 »
Today's harvest, and like last year, the peppers and small yellow tomatoes are doing best.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2757 on: Sun, 09 July 2023, 14:54:53 »
yellow peppers are so versatile.  and like all peppers bugs stay away, you don't have to do anything.

Offline phinix

« Reply #2758 on: Sun, 09 July 2023, 17:18:30 »
Teriyaki salmon ramen. My family is addicted to my cooking, especially ramen :)
Made for Saturday dinner.

300472-0

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2759 on: Sun, 09 July 2023, 18:19:08 »
Looks awesome!
That bowl must be at least double your 190 ml limit ....

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #2760 on: Sun, 09 July 2023, 18:54:00 »
Looks delicious. I like noodles. Made (a kind of..) yakisoba today. I wish I could eat cured eggs.

In the last five months or so, I have held a diet designed to avoid upsetting my gall bladder. That means, low fat, no eggs, no apples, no green peppers and no cucumbers, in addition to being vegetarian.
Before that I had lost >25 kg of body weight, most due to my lymphoma, but 10 kg in dec-january after surgery  because of that gall bladder acting up right when my body needed protein to heal.
After treatment for lymphoma in feb-march, I have been able to regain about 12 kg, but I'm afraid that most of that could be around my stomach. I have increased more exercise. Bike more. Lift weights a little, and eat more tofu and low-fat cottage cheese so as to try to build muscle instead of gaining the wrong type of body mass.
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 July 2023, 18:59:46 by Findecanor »

Offline phinix

« Reply #2761 on: Sun, 09 July 2023, 20:10:38 »
Looks awesome!
That bowl must be at least double your 190 ml limit ....

That one is I think around 900ml, I only ate about 150ml of ramen, well, drunk, with just a bit of salmon and few noodles... :'(

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2762 on: Mon, 10 July 2023, 18:35:24 »
One of my tomato plants is particularly large and bushy, but I have gotten very little from it.

Today I was walking by, and caught a tiny flash of red deep in the interior. When I started searching around inside, I had a bonanza!

Offline phinix

« Reply #2763 on: Tue, 11 July 2023, 03:19:32 »
One of my tomato plants is particularly large and bushy, but I have gotten very little from it.

Today I was walking by, and caught a tiny flash of red deep in the interior. When I started searching around inside, I had a bonanza!

Wow! Fantastic! I love tomatoes :)

Offline Mandan

« Reply #2764 on: Tue, 11 July 2023, 09:16:03 »
I started off with a ketogenic diet a year and a half ago, but keto is a hassle to manage, so I moved to 'mostly carnivore', which is simple to manage.  I've lost 120 pounds since then.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2765 on: Thu, 20 July 2023, 10:40:39 »
I had not had a decent peach all summer until now, but I just got one that was fantastic.

Peaches are either perfect or worthless, and 97% of them are the latter.

Offline phinix

« Reply #2766 on: Thu, 20 July 2023, 19:21:22 »
I had not had a decent peach all summer until now, but I just got one that was fantastic.

Peaches are either perfect or worthless, and 97% of them are the latter.

I think this year is first year in my life when I ate loads of strawberries. I never had so much of them in my life, always felt unsatisfied.
But I am this year :D

I'm gonna go and have few more :D

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2767 on: Thu, 20 July 2023, 21:00:48 »
Ate an entire pizza yesterday, so nothing but a couple martinis today. Not a bad lunch.

Offline phinix

« Reply #2768 on: Sun, 23 July 2023, 17:01:32 »
Sunday dinner with some sweet addition today :)
Penne pasta with Neapolitan sauce, then vanilla cake with peaches.

300762-0

300764-1
« Last Edit: Sun, 23 July 2023, 17:03:36 by phinix »

Offline phinix

« Reply #2769 on: Tue, 25 July 2023, 19:31:12 »
I made Pad Thai today, my ladies were delighted :)

300795-0
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 July 2023, 19:33:31 by phinix »

Offline LavenderB

• I believe in unix control supremacy
« Reply #2770 on: Wed, 26 July 2023, 12:53:01 »

(Attachment Link)
That looks delicious! Also those are some tiny shrimp.
Safa | 1993 UK ISO-DE Model M  | Frog TKL | 3d printed bakeneko | Akko 5075s

Offline phinix

« Reply #2771 on: Wed, 26 July 2023, 18:52:40 »

(Attachment Link)
That looks delicious! Also those are some tiny shrimp.

Dzieki! :)

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #2772 on: Thu, 27 July 2023, 07:43:35 »
I ate two slices of pizza that had some sort of honey garlic sauce and pepper on them, left overs.

Offline phinix

« Reply #2773 on: Fri, 28 July 2023, 14:57:19 »
Today I made Moroccan Harira.
First time tried it, pretty interesting flavours, totally new to us, family liked it.

300951-0

Offline phinix

« Reply #2775 on: Sat, 29 July 2023, 06:00:13 »
One can almost smell the spices through the photo.

Yeah, it was pretty interesting, never tried any Moroccan food before. I did not eat a lot, just few spoons, but was nice. Recommended.

Offline phinix

« Reply #2776 on: Sat, 29 July 2023, 06:03:05 »
Turkish eggs for today's breakfast.
Also did that for a first time, I don't eat eggs, but my ladies said it was very nice, so recommended :)

300991-0
« Last Edit: Sat, 29 July 2023, 06:05:45 by phinix »

Offline phinix

« Reply #2777 on: Sat, 29 July 2023, 18:35:47 »
This day ended pretty well, food wise :)
As I "infected" my family with love to sushi, I've been making it for well over 15 years. Every here and there, my daughter requests sushi and I just cannot say no to her :)
So here's few from today's sushi session...

301001-0 301003-1 301005-2
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 August 2023, 17:15:18 by phinix »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2778 on: Sun, 30 July 2023, 01:40:49 »
Eating a lot of Trader Joe's products lately. Damn, they have some really delicious stuff there you can't really get anywhere else.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2779 on: Sun, 30 July 2023, 04:26:54 »
This day ended pretty well, food wise :)
As I "infected" my family with love to sushi, I've been making it for well over 15 years. Every here and there, my daughter requests sushi and I just cannot say no to her :)
So here's few from today's sushi session...

Tp4 could never cut sushi that straight.

Offline phinix

« Reply #2780 on: Tue, 01 August 2023, 18:37:54 »
Sorrel soup (Zupa szczawiowa po staropolsku). Its very popular Polish soup made with old recipe.

301086-0

Offline LavenderB

• I believe in unix control supremacy
« Reply #2781 on: Wed, 02 August 2023, 04:11:51 »
Sorrel soup (Zupa szczawiowa po staropolsku). Its very popular Polish soup made with old recipe.

(Attachment Link)
I'm Polish and I've never heard of this before  :-[
Safa | 1993 UK ISO-DE Model M  | Frog TKL | 3d printed bakeneko | Akko 5075s

Offline phinix

« Reply #2782 on: Wed, 02 August 2023, 05:16:58 »

(Attachment Link)
I'm Polish and I've never heard of this before  :-[

You must be young, cause this is one of the most popular soups.
Ask your mum :)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2783 on: Fri, 04 August 2023, 09:16:18 »
I was not planning to take any honey from my bees this year, but a pest treatment that I needed to do required that I remove the stored honey.
The bees were not pleased but my family and friends will be.

Offline phinix

« Reply #2784 on: Fri, 04 August 2023, 09:38:37 »
I was not planning to take any honey from my bees this year, but a pest treatment that I needed to do required that I remove the stored honey.
The bees were not pleased but my family and friends will be.

Woooooow! I love honey!
...I wonder how much is postage US-Scotland nowadays :D

How do you like to eat honey? What do you add it to?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2785 on: Fri, 04 August 2023, 10:32:46 »

I love honey!

How do you like to eat honey?

If there is any reasonable place where you could set a hive you should consider doing it.
Shown is about 9 liters and one moderately strong hive produced it in about 3-4 months.

It will cost a few hundred dollars (minimum $500-$600 US for the full "starter kit" and you must not skip the protective clothing!) but it is quite rewarding and you will do Planet Earth a favor.

I don't really eat much honey since I try to limit carbohydrates, but it is my preferred sweetener for just about any kitchen production. (~ baklava ~)
And until recently it was also the preferred dressing for skin wounds. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3941901/

Offline phinix

« Reply #2786 on: Thu, 17 August 2023, 17:02:48 »
Some random food I made recently.

Sautéed chorizo with red wine and honey

301785-0

Some lunch break sandwiches.
Of course, its not all for me, my stomach now accepts one of these, but at least I know I can have it now! :)

301790-1

« Last Edit: Thu, 17 August 2023, 17:16:21 by phinix »

Offline phinix

« Reply #2787 on: Thu, 17 August 2023, 17:08:03 »
Penne pasta with chicken in spicy dill cream sauce.

301792-0

Today's dinner, Subway-like teriyaki chicken sandwich with home made Chipotle South-West sauce.

301794-1

Offline phinix

« Reply #2789 on: Thu, 17 August 2023, 18:09:43 »
Is phinix a pickle ?

Could be, just a bit bigger than the one on the photo :D

Offline yui

« Reply #2790 on: Sun, 20 August 2023, 04:14:14 »
i wish i was capable of presenting food like phinix, 5 star restaurant level :) no doubt the taste matches the presentation.
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2791 on: Sun, 20 August 2023, 04:25:43 »
i wish i was capable of presenting food like phinix, 5 star restaurant level :) no doubt the taste matches the presentation.

Agreed, phinix is the GH chef de cuisine!

Offline phinix

« Reply #2792 on: Sun, 20 August 2023, 11:04:53 »

Thank you, guys! I'm happy you like it  :)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2793 on: Sun, 20 August 2023, 14:02:46 »

phinix is the GH chef

Even when I make something good it seldom looks ( or presents? ) well, and is almost never in the realm of these mouth-watering photos.

But in terms of my work-a-day horticultural efforts, my little crabapple tree produced fruit for the first time this year. I got about 4 lb ~ 2 kg! Time to make jelly.

Offline phinix

« Reply #2794 on: Sun, 20 August 2023, 15:58:21 »

phinix is the GH chef

Even when I make something good it seldom looks ( or presents? ) well, and is almost never in the realm of these mouth-watering photos.

But in terms of my work-a-day horticultural efforts, my little crabapple tree produced fruit for the first time this year. I got about 4 lb ~ 2 kg! Time to make jelly.

These look nice. I had to google it to find out what these are - never seen them before. What size are these? Like grapes or bigger, like walnuts?
What do you do with them? Maybe jam? :)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2795 on: Sun, 20 August 2023, 18:58:12 »
Slightly larger than grapes, and very sour. Almost nobody eats them raw, but they make good jelly.
At least I hope that mine turns out good. It took me well over 2 hours to clean and prep the little devils!

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #2796 on: Sun, 20 August 2023, 19:53:07 »

Yeah I lurk this thread and I don't know how you make food look so appealing. Everytime I cook it doesn't look that good. Still enjoy the food though.
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline phinix

« Reply #2797 on: Mon, 21 August 2023, 03:23:59 »
Slightly larger than grapes, and very sour. Almost nobody eats them raw, but they make good jelly.
At least I hope that mine turns out good. It took me well over 2 hours to clean and prep the little devils!

Sounds like jam could be good too, loads of sugar and done :)
Let us know how good that jelly was when you make it.
I love Jelly, always loved them since was a littel kid.

Offline phinix

« Reply #2798 on: Mon, 21 August 2023, 03:30:09 »

Yeah I lurk this thread and I don't know how you make food look so appealing. Everytime I cook it doesn't look that good. Still enjoy the food though.

Thanks Rhienfo. To be honest, I've been cooking for years and did not really pay attention to presentation, always focused on flavor.
Just recently I wanted to queeze some more from food as it is, I wanted to play around to make it more desired, if you know what I mean.
It nothing amazing what I do, I've seen some reaaaaaly nice presented dishes and I would love to be able to do that, but it then takes more than you think - special ingrediens, high quality ones, expensive and hard to get most of the cases, then specific processing which I would need to learn, then presentation techniques - lots of things I will probably never achieve. But, I like what I do, it makes me happy and my family love my cooking, so missions accomplished. I would also like to have some friends around that I could also cook for, but I don't have so just my wife and daughter are the testers :) And now I have you guys I can share photos with :D

Like you said, most important thing is what you already achieved - you are happy with your food, you enjoy eating it, this is the most important thing - look is not always a priority. Some dishes I make look kinda awful, but once taste... you're in heaven :thumb:

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #2799 on: Fri, 25 August 2023, 08:06:35 »
I ate a bagel on my way to fanexpo canada