Author Topic: So my computer committed seppuku  (Read 1856 times)

Offline TelFiRE

So my computer committed seppuku
« on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 02:42:47 »
Just turned off suddenly and won't turn back on. Replaced power supply, same deal.

*Sigh* Why always with the issues and the bullcrap?
KBD75 GMK Terminal          XD84 DSA Black on GSF + Hana Matcha + Serum

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: So my computer committed seppuku
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 04:34:31 »
Glory be this moment..

At every Dire is the potential to Reinvigorate, Retaliate, and Reclaim your rightful place above the False Gods..  They shall tremble before your Resurrected might and weep as you pave to their door a corpse-path slicken with the blood of their minions..

Exalt the brothers beside you, together, decimate all those who would dare stand against the Sacred Justice and Truth.

Prolly would wait for the new intel x series to launch, it's going to be a shakeup.. do not buy 7700k right now, before seeing how the new series will change prices.

Whatever you do, don't buy ryzen... unless you're an aspiring youtube star.. that's the narrow scenario which makes sense for ryzen right now

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 07:50:23 »
Let it cool off completely.

Unplug and re-plug all the wires.

Vacuum out all the orifices.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 09:44:06 »
Just turned off suddenly and won't turn back on. Replaced power supply, same deal.

*Sigh* Why always with the issues and the bullcrap?

What computer and brand? Laptop? Dell? HP? crApple?

My MacBook Pro is slowly dying on me (that's why I ordered X1 Carbon 2017). GPU-related kernel panics.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 13:50:15 »
This happened to me once and it just turned out one of the PSU cables was knocked loose from the mobo.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 13:52:45 »
This happened to me once and it just turned out one of the PSU cables was knocked loose from the mobo.

I once had just 1 pin of an IDE cable not connecting back in the day. I thought it was the motherboard, but it was just the cable... which I discovered after a week of trying EVE-RY-THING.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 18:41:07 »

I once had just 1 pin of an IDE cable not connecting back in the day. I thought it was the motherboard, but it was just the cable... which I discovered after a week of trying EVE-RY-THING.

Years ago when tp4 lived in ghetto housing, Tp4 found a mouse that chewed through his vga cable.

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 22:45:29 »
Whoa, lots of responses.

It is a custom build actually. All the parts are fairly new, except the CPU, Mobo, and RAM. After lots of testing, and taking it to a free diagnostic center that proceeded to scrape it across the counter and scratch the living **** out of the matte side, I believe it to be the motherboard that has failed. But I dropped it off at a microcenter because doing anything more to test is beyond what I have access to.

Not planning on Ryzen at all. I just don't see much value in 7700k over Haswell, so that's why I'm waiting for Intel to do something. If my mobo is dead, I will probably just replace it with the same or some other ITX Haswell mobo, because I'd like to be able to return it to the old case and have two fully functional machines after my next upgrade. But if the CPU died there's not much point in not upgrading.
KBD75 GMK Terminal          XD84 DSA Black on GSF + Hana Matcha + Serum

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 00:08:17 »

Years ago when tp4 lived in ghetto housing, Tp4 found a mouse that chewed through his vga cable.

Did you kill it? SAY YOU KILLED IT

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 01:56:41 »

hahahaha.. At one point considered setting up a trap and poisoning him,  but deep down just not that type of person.. 

Tp4 is of the non-violent sect..

It was not imperative to end its life over the cost of new cables..

Eventually the mouse was eating dates off the kitchen counter as Tp4 came down to make the midnightly ramen.

Tp4 threw a thin steel pot over the counter attempting to catch the mouse underneath, sadly the lip landed on the mouses' back killing it instantly..

It was a very small mouse, no bigger than a sake cup.

Why tell the story TP, this seems unnecessary..

Sigh.. Well Tp4 felt very badly afterwards, having unnecessarily ended the run of a complex lifeform..

It was buried in the garden..

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 03:00:04 »

hahahaha.. At one point considered setting up a trap and poisoning him,  but deep down just not that type of person.. 

Eventually the mouse was eating dates off the kitchen counter as Tp4 came down to make the midnightly ramen.

Tp4 threw a thin steel pot over the counter attempting to catch the mouse underneath, sadly the lip landed on the mouses' back killing it instantly..

Sigh.. Well Tp4 felt very badly afterwards, having unnecessarily ended the run of a complex lifeform..

Haha, daaaaaamn. That is pretty ghetto.
Also: nice arm! :thumb:

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 10:41:01 »

HANZ... Get ze flammenwerver!

Nahh TP... I can imagine. I also kill everybody who steals mah favorite food. You handled ethically and morally in my book.