Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4214948 times)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #2350 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 03:51:45 »
What bothers me is that there isn't any standardisation on landscape orientation, and if you turn off screen lock using your phone becomes a horrible nightmare...

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2351 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 05:27:26 »
Who sold a giveaway thing?

Edit: Oh... :(
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 February 2015, 05:39:55 by katushkin »
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2352 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 06:33:31 »
Just bought Custom PC magazine, and in there they have done a big peripheral test, including keyboards and mice.

I am in dire need of a new mouse but their verdict on the boards in there makes me question their mouse reviews...

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2353 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 06:39:15 »
You bought a magazine? How quaint!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2354 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 06:56:12 »

I actually bought two. And have a subscription to another. Heh.

PRINT ISN'T DEAD

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2355 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 07:43:41 »

PRINT ISN'T DEAD

YOUR SAVING IT, ONE SUBSCRIPTION AT A TIME!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2356 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 08:13:48 »

PRINT ISN'T DEAD

Magazines won't die for at least another few decades.  Need a mostly full population over-turn, IMO.  Also, don't diss the print industry!   :'(

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2357 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 08:17:37 »

PRINT ISN'T DEAD

MY GIRLFRIEND BOUGHT ME A SUBSCRIPTION FOR CHRISTMAS AND I RETURNED THE FAVOUR.

Magazines won't die for at least another few decades.  Need a mostly full population over-turn, IMO.  Also, don't diss the print industry!   :'(

It's the best place to get pull out pictures of nice VolkSWAGens :)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2358 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 09:00:52 »

PRINT ISN'T DEAD

Don't worry bro, I know print media isn't going anywhere for a while ;)

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #2359 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 14:03:29 »
Stupid USPS, update ma tracking already!! They seem so random, sometimes things never even update until after it's delivered. I want my penumbra, grumble grumble... >:D
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #2360 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 14:13:08 »
Stupid USPS, update ma tracking already!! They seem so random, sometimes things never even update until after it's delivered. I want my penumbra, grumble grumble... >:D
They've been slacking a lot more lately. I've noticed that some packages I've sent to certain destinations taking three days as opposed two, and the tracking rarely updating aside from origination scans.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2361 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 14:15:21 »
They've been slacking a lot more lately. I've noticed that some packages I've sent to certain destinations taking three days as opposed two, and the tracking rarely updating aside from origination scans.

I bought a bunch of nut drivers and the tracking didn't update until after it was delivered, no acceptance scan no nothing.

Offline ShardZer0

« Reply #2362 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 14:16:14 »

Yep, every package I get from USPS has been slower for atleast 3 months, maybe more. There tracking has never been good for me, not once. It's pretty useless actually.

Offline danwomansan

• Also known by my real name, ********!
« Reply #2363 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 15:42:00 »
trying to clean things without access to working glasses

it's become a lot more annoying to me now that I'm just waiting for my glasses to arrive at the place and then hope that busses are running when they do
it's pronounced "danw omansen", not "dan woman san"

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #2364 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 01:54:16 »
Stupid international post taking forever. I hate that whenever there is a cap sale I always get my Clacks/Bros weeks after every one else. The time it takes to arrive wouldn't bother me so much but by the time I get it most of the people who are interested in trades have already found what they're looking for and I'm stuck trading them for things I don't really want.

Took me MONTHS to trade out all the Clacks I got in the last sale :(
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline iri

« Reply #2365 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 01:58:23 »
sorry murica, i'm not coming to you.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #2366 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 02:14:47 »
My USPS tracking for my brobots still haven't been updated :/

And this guy selling me andold board with vintage blacks. We agree on a price, he got paid on paypal, then disappear a week. He reappeared yesterday asking me if I would mind if he desoldered them so he can get the plate. I don't mind that much at this point since I would have probably dumpstered everything besides the switches in the keyboard, but now for the same price that originally I'm getting a lot less.

And in the afternoon he tells me he messed 24pins(out of about 120 switches) so he'll throw me generic blacks as a compensation.
At this point it was too late, because it was already sent.
Now I have to look if switches pins are easily fixable...
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2367 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 02:27:46 »

And this guy selling me andold board with vintage blacks. We agree on a price, he got paid on paypal, then disappear a week. He reappeared yesterday asking me if I would mind if he desoldered them so he can get the plate. I don't mind that much at this point since I would have probably dumpstered everything besides the switches in the keyboard, but now for the same price that originally I'm getting a lot less.

And in the afternoon he tells me he messed 24pins(out of about 120 switches) so he'll throw me generic blacks as a compensation.

Wow, that sounds like a nightmare. You aren't even getting what you ordered now! And my USPS hasn't updated for my bros either.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #2368 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 02:37:48 »

Wow, that sounds like a nightmare. You aren't even getting what you ordered now! And my USPS hasn't updated for my bros either.
That's pretty damn lame; he should be offering you - at the very least - a partial refund for not delivering what you paid for.

USPS has really been sucking it recently... but after a full week my Penumbra order just updated!
 February 17, 2015 , 11:57 pm - Departed USPS Facility

Maybe by Friday  :D
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2369 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 05:18:52 »

What happened?

Offline Abbi Bray

« Reply #2370 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 05:47:46 »
I am bothered by an upcoming external audit in the office. Audit is equivalent to long days and nights. Seriously.

Offline iri

« Reply #2371 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 06:11:10 »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2372 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 07:05:40 »

What happened?
no visa sponsorship.

So they knew you are Russian, interviewed you for a job in America, then didn't want to give you a visa? That is a really **** way of working.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2373 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 07:11:10 »

What happened?
no visa sponsorship.

So they knew you are Russian, interviewed you for a job in America, then didn't want to give you a visa? That is a really **** way of working.

The easiest way to get over here is via marriage... at least I've seen a bunch of "services" for that in China when I was there..

Offline Voixdelion

« Reply #2374 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 07:28:17 »
Stupidity. Ignorance. Lack of respect. Society in general.

Just to name a few...

LOL -That stuff is ALWAYS a thorn in my side, but I have some new unusual peeves that are more pressing on my mind at the moment.  The first being WHY do those long legged mosquito eater things ALWAYS have to fly directly at my HEAD?  And the second is really bumming me out because I was really enjoying a new found friendship with a bona fide rock star celebrity and then someone must have started talking **** because he suddenly got all kinds of paranoid and apparently got all suspicious that we (my boyfriend and I) were somehow scandalous people trying to take advantage or rip him off and now I have no idea if he will ever even talk to us again and my boyfriend is doing nothing to rectify that situation which is really irking me since the last time we hung out, the guy actually mentioned that he might like to try writing with me, and I about died and went to heaven right there given that I would LOVE to given that a shot, even though I am not a "rocker" chick by genre at all...    I think someone who HAS been ripping him off doesn't like the idea of him getting close to people who are actually NOT scandalous and might make him more aware of the people around him so they planted some seeds of discontent to drive a wedge there.  Lord knows anyone who would think WE were scandalous is an idiot... or doing a lot of drugs. ...   I can tell the guy is not an idiot, so... .   

It just sucks.  I was really enjoying their company because I rarely get out of the house.  Hanging with him and his girl was very stimulating, and it is rare that I meet women in los angeles that aren't complete backstabbing dip****s and this one could actually keep up with all of us being 42 years old even though she was only 25... That's rare, so I really liked her too...    I just wish there was something I could do to reassure him, but I don't know if he'll even listen long enough to hear me out.  It just really REALLy sucks...

I've been stressing out about that for like a week now.  I can't concentrate on anything...
`
"The more you tolerate each other, the less enforcement will happen."-iMav

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2375 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 07:54:58 »
Had to come into work an hour and a half early because of incompetent coworkers.

Offline iri

« Reply #2376 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 14:09:02 »

What happened?
no visa sponsorship.

it's more complicated than that, but... whatever rocks their boat. i told them three times that i am not authorized to work in 'murica and i applied for a job exactly there.
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 February 2015, 14:10:55 by iri »

-Ray Bradbury

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2377 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 19:36:15 »

What happened?
no visa sponsorship.

it's more complicated than that, but... whatever rocks their boat. i told them three times that i am not authorized to work in 'murica and i applied for a job exactly there.

Visa sponsorship can be really hard to get, so companies have to be picky.  They may have wanted to interview to see if it was "worth" committing one of their very few sponsorship spots to their candidates.  Sponsorship is not only a money issue, but there are also only so many granted by the US and each company doesn't get all that many.

(I am not a Visa sponsorship expert, this is just what I know from experience)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2378 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 19:38:50 »
iirc, companies are pushing to get more work visas. they fill up QUICK since there are so little of them.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2379 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 23:01:04 »
I just saw a mouse run under my oven, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO   :'( :-X :-X :-X :-\ :-X :-\ :-X

Not cool, man.......   

First experience dealing with mice, not looking forward to it.....   :confused: :-\ :-X

Offline Moralless

« Reply #2380 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 23:03:01 »
I just saw a mouse run under my oven, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO   :'( :-X :-X :-X :-\ :-X :-\ :-X

Not cool, man.......   

First experience dealing with mice, not looking forward to it.....   :confused: :-\ :-X

Don't worry Hoff, it can be worse

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2381 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 23:03:28 »

Not cool, man.......   

Oh god. I dread the day I experience that.

May lady fortune smile upon you.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2382 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 23:06:49 »

Not cool, man.......   

Don't worry Hoff, it can be worse

oh gawwwwwd nooooooooooooooo whyyyyyyyyyy did you post this

Not cool, man.......   

:(

Forever uncleeeeaaannnnn

Offline ShardZer0

« Reply #2383 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 23:08:07 »

Not cool, man.......   

My cats bring them up from my basement and then play with them upstairs, they always run along the walls and under **** and it takes forever to catch the the little bastards. I recommend putting peanut butter on one of those old school neck-breaker traps.

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #2384 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 23:09:14 »
bought a lightsaver v2 from a seller in the classifieds, took the pcb out to swap switches and saw that its a v1 pcb in a v2 case. been waiting on this for a while now and finally tracked one down and this happens. no arrow cluster for me.

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2385 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 23:09:21 »
houf, get a terrier. dudes will destroy rats/mice. and they're cooler than cats.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2386 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 23:10:26 »

Not cool, man.......   

My cats bring them up from my basement and then play with them upstairs, they always run along the walls and under **** and it takes forever to catch the the little bastards. I recommend putting peanut butter on one of those old school neck-breaker traps.

Will do.   :-X   I will never be confident that I don't have mice, from now on.  :|

Offline Moralless

« Reply #2387 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 23:13:58 »

Not cool, man.......   

and it takes forever to catch the the little bastards.
doesn't seem that difficult

Offline iri

« Reply #2388 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 01:55:41 »
NOTHING IS COOLER THAN CATS

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #2389 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 02:05:35 »

What happened?
no visa sponsorship.

They may have wanted to interview to see if it was "worth" committing one of their very few sponsorship spots to their candidates.  Sponsorship is not only a money issue, but there are also only so many granted by the US and each company doesn't get all that many.
oh, really?!
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 February 2015, 02:15:32 by iri »

-Ray Bradbury

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2390 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 02:09:52 »

What happened?
no visa sponsorship.

Visa sponsorship can be really hard to get, so companies have to be picky.
oh, really?!

Yeah let's remove the explanation so it looks really dumb. Thanks iri.

Offline iri

« Reply #2391 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 02:15:43 »
sorry.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2392 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 02:17:14 »

What happened?
no visa sponsorship.

Visa sponsorship can be really hard to get, so companies have to be picky.
oh, really?!

Yeah let's remove the explanation so it looks really dumb. Thanks iri.

It's most likely that HR is just too damn lazy to do all the paperwork

The only time I've seen easy access from Russia to USA  that's solely for work, is for Physics and Math..

If you're a top graduate in those 2 from Russia, they pretty much give you an instant green light.. they don't even care if you speak ZERO english...  I was quite surprised by this.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2393 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 02:26:34 »
  They may have wanted to interview to see if it was "worth" committing one of their very few sponsorship spots to their candidates.  Sponsorship is not only a money issue, but there are also only so many granted by the US and each company doesn't get all that many.
oh, really?!

Wait, were you not being sarcastic?   :-X   If so, sorry.   :-[

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #2394 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 02:31:54 »

What happened?
no visa sponsorship.

Well Russia was our number 1 geopolitical foe in 2012.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2395 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 03:00:45 »
Quote from: HoffmanMyster link=topic=50202.msg1647623#msg1647623

[/quote

Forever uncleeeeaaannnnn

Baby Geoffrey forever uncleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeannnnnn

But that should have no say on if a company employs you. Radical Muslims were are number one foe for the last 10 years, doesn't prevent people from employing them.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #2396 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 03:14:01 »
Quote from: HoffmanMyster link=topic=50202.msg1647623#msg1647623

[/quote

Forever uncleeeeaaannnnn

Baby Geoffrey forever uncleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeannnnnn

But that should have no say on if a company employs you. Radical Muslims were are number one foe for the last 10 years, doesn't prevent people from employing them.

UGh.
Dude ... comon ... realy?
I know you aren't American but honestly ... I did not expect that to go over anybody's head.
For those not familiar, this is something idiotic and almost nonsensical that Mitt Romney said in the 2012 presidential campaign and most people cracked up after he said this on an interview.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 February 2015, 03:31:48 by the1onewolf »

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #2397 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 03:37:06 »
I'm bothered by how **** I am at CS: GO.   :mad:

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #2398 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 04:09:49 »

Not cool, man.......   

Mars Bars in your traps mate, they love the stuff, you'll wipe out whatever colony you have in a week :p

Good luck, soldier!
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2399 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 04:11:06 »
UGh.
Dude ... comon ... realy?
I know you aren't American but honestly ... I did not expect that to go over anybody's head.
For those not familiar, this is something idiotic and almost nonsensical that Mitt Romney said in the 2012 presidential campaign and most people cracked up after he said this on an interview.

I had no idea. My bad.

If there is anything less interesting to me than British politics, it's American politics.