Author Topic: CROWFALL!!!  (Read 7573 times)

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
CROWFALL!!!
« on: Sun, 01 March 2015, 07:51:19 »
I'm so excited about this game!!! I've always loved "survival" style games but I didn't care for the ease of login in, find weapon, kill/grief and mission accomplished...
I always tried to seek out the long term folks that roam and try to have adventures but this is a few and far between kinda group.
MMORPG players have always struck me as the long term type! So I truly feel like this game could be the next best thing... Though I"m not sure if most people are ready for the harsh reality of losing gear in an MMORPG...

CROWFALL

KickStarter
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
Re: CROWFALL!!!
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 01 March 2015, 08:15:44 »
ugh Kickstarter

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 01 March 2015, 08:25:04 »
ugh Kickstarter
lol! I hear you... but I like putting all my eggs in the same basket!!!  :blank:
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 01 March 2015, 08:41:42 »
ugh Kickstarter
lol! I hear you... but I like putting all my eggs in the same basket!!!  :blank:

And throwing money away?
Don't get me wrong there are lots of great stuff coming out of Kickstarter and things like it (Project Cars being a huge one for me). But there is no accountability there at all :/

but it looks cool!

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 01 March 2015, 14:17:24 »
2nd time I've heard this game mentioned.. it sounds really cool.  Reminds me of my old LP MUD days.  Persistent characters, world reset every 8 hours  :D

Only thing I've thrown money at on kickstarter so far is Exploding Kittens tho.. I'll wait, but hope this game takes off!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 01 March 2015, 14:19:59 »
Everybody "thinks" they want the good ol' days back.. 

They  remember all the good stuff..  but   when the grinding comes back.. it's just impossible to keep going.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 01 March 2015, 15:46:50 »
The art style looks neat.
Will look into this later.
MMORPG though meh :/

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 01 March 2015, 17:18:56 »
Everybody "thinks" they want the good ol' days back.. 

They  remember all the good stuff..  but   when the grinding comes back.. it's just impossible to keep going.

Like all those ****ter SSKs everyone hates!   Not everything old is bad ;) 

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 18:01:17 »
Looks interesting... Kickstarter though ;/

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 18:15:05 »
No more kickstarter after buying grim dawn... That game still isnt finished
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline franciscourant

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 13:34:11 »
No more kickstarter after buying grim dawn... That game still isnt finished
Yea there were a bunch of KS projects that failed to deliver on their promises (or release at all). It's a shame I think because it's impacting on the reputation of all the crowdfunded projects, while Camelot Unchained, Crowfall, Gloria Victis and many other KS games are doing their best to deliver the best quality game with the funding they got. CF/CU now have a budget of more than 7 million dollars so in theory they shouldn't come short of money anytime soon, while Gloria Victis has a tiny budget but doesn't have huge expenses (they're based in eastern europe I think and developing a game there is way less costly than in the US).

Anyway, we'll see, but I think that KS doesn't necessarily mean huge delays, lack of funding or other issues like that. I understand that you're not interested in supporting more KS projects though.

Offline Asininity

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 17:52:04 »
The artwork is fantastic, however I like others are wary of it being a KS project. The mechanics sound very appealing and it has some industry veterans involved. Though again, KS so my hopes are minimal.

Offline JamesGoblin

• My name is Goblin. James Goblin.
    • Camelot Unchained Wiki
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 03:50:41 »
The artwork is fantastic, however I like others are wary of it being a KS project. The mechanics sound very appealing and it has some industry veterans involved. Though again, KS so my hopes are minimal.

I am also much more interested in financial and technical side of things ( in other words, will it work...will it even launch? - the answer is too often no and no, especially with indie stuff). That's why I find info such as this very interesting: How can you make Crowfall for less than $10m, and where is that money coming from?, by it's technical director Gordon Walton.

This is from last April, what happened meantime is - game is already around $7M of budget (and they Kickstarted last March). With this dynamics, it should land around $10 or higher - while they are making PvP game thus having to invest roughly 3-4 times less than the ones with significant PvE content, and that's without expensive voiceovers, trailers, butt sliders and all that being counted in.

Of course, all this by no means guarantees success, all I'm saying is - this is not just another Kickstarter, and we had these a dime a dozen recently.

Edit: Hmm the OP is quite dated, maybe I should make new thread about the game. What is general stance here on necroing vs "doubling"?
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 April 2016, 03:53:21 by JamesGoblin »
Trivia: Warhammer Online is the best game ever made.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 11:13:03 »
Dude. Action based combat? Aw, no PVE :'(

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 18:26:30 »
This looks pretty good. But I've fallen for that before. Bump this thread next year for me?
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Asininity

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 00:02:26 »

I am also much more interested in financial and technical side of things ( in other words, will it work...will it even launch? - the answer is too often no and no, especially with indie stuff). That's why I find info such as this very interesting: How can you make Crowfall for less than $10m, and where is that money coming from?, by it's technical director Gordon Walton.

This is from last April, what happened meantime is - game is already around $7M of budget (and they Kickstarted last March). With this dynamics, it should land around $10 or higher - while they are making PvP game thus having to invest roughly 3-4 times less than the ones with significant PvE content, and that's without expensive voiceovers, trailers, butt sliders and all that being counted in.

Of course, all this by no means guarantees success, all I'm saying is - this is not just another Kickstarter, and we had these a dime a dozen recently.

Edit: Hmm the OP is quite dated, maybe I should make new thread about the game. What is general stance here on necroing vs "doubling"?

It's certainly more viable than other video games on KS. It certainly separates Crowfall from the pack, and there I certainly agree with you. Having a industry veteran certainly helps.

I'm not the one to ask, I'm sure a moderator can whip up an answer real fast.

Offline JamesGoblin

• Camelot Unchained Wiki
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 13:31:22 »

It's certainly more viable than other video games on KS. It certainly separates Crowfall from the pack, and there I certainly agree with you. Having a industry veteran certainly helps.

I'm not the one to ask, I'm sure a moderator can whip up an answer real fast.

They also have Raph Koster and Todd Coleman (the CEO - he basically created Wizard 101 & Pirate 101, besides Shadowbane).

Here is couple early test videos (rough footage, bugs, yadda...), Confessor playing with Centaurs:

...and Ranger PvP:

Offline JamesGoblin

• Camelot Unchained Wiki
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 27 November 2016, 16:34:58 »
"Big World" tests just started, it's a step from previous small scale MOBA-like sessions towards real big MMO servers - with gathering, crafting etc. Here's preview by TheLazyPeon: