Author Topic: So basically Alaska, we're all Alaska now ?  (Read 1725 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
So basically Alaska, we're all Alaska now ?
« on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 12:14:23 »
What with the unemployment, the government handouts which just has to keep coming, because wth else would @home peeps do.

Alaska residents get $$ just for being in alaska.

The majority of humans work(ed) jobs that require close contact. and this isn't happening for 1-2 years at the minimum assuming them super-computers solving the virus even works out.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: So basically Alaska, we're all Alaska now ?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 15:32:39 »
Yeah, for those who qualify. Meanwhile the people who REALLY need unemployment don't qualify. I think the stipulation is you need to have worked over 700hrs in the last tax year, which for tons of part time workers they don't meet that requirement.

$1200 is good for 1 month, if that. Next month the people who need the most help will be ****ed again.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 15:51:57 »
Yeah, for those who qualify. Meanwhile the people who REALLY need unemployment don't qualify. I think the stipulation is you need to have worked over 700hrs in the last tax year, which for tons of part time workers they don't meet that requirement.

$1200 is good for 1 month, if that. Next month the people who need the most help will be ****ed again.

Buh buh.. 2080Ti is 4Ever. hahahaha JK.

Hrrmm.. yea. it's a toughy.  There's really very need to discuss this, because if you're stuck @ home, you still have to eat/ pay rent/

It HAS to happen, I honestly don't understand the hold up.

In a month ya need at least $300-400 per person for rent,  then ~$150 per person for food and $1200 for 2080 Ti.

And we need that every month. for 6 months to 2 years.

TO BE CLEAR,  it's ALL OUR MONEY, unemployment / federal aid,  IT's YOUR TAXES paid to the government which they then GIVE BACK.

Instead of doing that,  they're giving our money to the companies that enslaved us, hang'n out the workers to dry.. sigh.............

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 16:03:31 »
I know tons of folks, elderly mostly, who work just enough to keep their medical and pay rent barely. Like 20 hours a week or so. I also know they need unemployment the most right now, working and living paycheck to paycheck in retail environments that are not viable right now.

The brutal truth is they would actually get MORE from unemployment than they do from working part time, but they don't qualify for the unemployment because they can't work full time. It's such a ****ed up system.

The people who don't need it, the ones used to living a certain lifestyle, are the ones getting the checks. People who are desperate and on shoe string budgets are being turned down for unemployment because their conditions or situation is already terrible. It's an insane system.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 16:33:35 »

It's a n insane Republican system.

fixed that for you
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 16:38:53 »
I know tons of folks, elderly mostly, who work just enough to keep their medical and pay rent barely. Like 20 hours a week or so. I also know they need unemployment the most right now, working and living paycheck to paycheck in retail environments that are not viable right now.

The brutal truth is they would actually get MORE from unemployment than they do from working part time, but they don't qualify for the unemployment because they can't work full time. It's such a ****ed up system.

The people who don't need it, the ones used to living a certain lifestyle, are the ones getting the checks. People who are desperate and on shoe string budgets are being turned down for unemployment because their conditions or situation is already terrible. It's an insane system.

2080Tis for ALL.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 16:44:28 »

I have gotten unemployment, and I have never worked "full time" until the past 8 or 9 months. Are their hours really meager?

Maybe this isn't a federal thing, but I know here in Wisconsin they're tacking on something like $600 a month to the existing unemployment benefits, waiving a need to look for work, and allowing retroactive filing back to when this crap began. People that were working minimum wage retail are now making more than I do on unemployment. Almost makes you want to get laid off.
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 April 2020, 16:51:00 by Maledicted »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 16:47:45 »
Maybe this isn't a federal thing, but I know here in Wisconsin they're tacking on something like $600 a month to the existing unemployment benefits

The $600 isn't indefinite in Tp4's state, it's until July .

~ $600*16weeks = 8x 2080Ti's

240614-0240614-1
240614-2240614-3
240614-4240614-5
240614-6240614-7

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 16:55:46 »
No it’s all Ohio . pretty obvious smh../s

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 19:50:13 »
Maybe this isn't a federal thing, but I know here in Wisconsin they're tacking on something like $600 a month to the existing unemployment benefits

I like how you originally edited that comment to add up the actual monetary value of the additional pay per month in total, then changed it to number of 2080Tis instead.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 20:16:26 »

I like how you originally edited that comment to add up the actual monetary value of the additional pay per month in total, then changed it to number of 2080Tis instead.

Tp4 am just attempting to speka the same language of today's Hip-Crowd.