Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 86507 times)

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #300 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 19:31:37 »
I've been playing bits and bobs between (mainly) losses in Dota. I'm still enjoying it, although I had to take about four attempts to kill that goddamn Mirelurk Queen. Didn't realise there was a rocket launcher inside until the fourth go. I hate Mirelurks so much.

I've tried to turn on god mode at some points to keep all of my hoarded stuff home with me, but my tilde key doesn't work =/

Also, I think the time has come to try mods. What has everybody been using? I'm guessing Nexus Mod manager is the best to use as that's what I used for Skyrim.

Yea, I've been using Nexus Mod manager. I've installed a bunch of settlement building mods, but that's about it.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #301 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 19:46:58 »
I've been playing bits and bobs between (mainly) losses in Dota. I'm still enjoying it, although I had to take about four attempts to kill that goddamn Mirelurk Queen. Didn't realise there was a rocket launcher inside until the fourth go. I hate Mirelurks so much.

I've tried to turn on god mode at some points to keep all of my hoarded stuff home with me, but my tilde key doesn't work =/

Also, I think the time has come to try mods. What has everybody been using? I'm guessing Nexus Mod manager is the best to use as that's what I used for Skyrim.

Yea, I've been using Nexus Mod manager. I've installed a bunch of settlement building mods, but that's about it.

I've not spent a lot of time building settlements. It just gets annoying, especially with the item snapping to things. Plus not being able to get enough stuff working.

And I never seem to accumulate enough stuff to build everything I want to... At the moment I'm just focusing on upgrading my power armour so it's all green :3
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #302 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 21:31:28 »

I've not spent a lot of time building settlements. It just gets annoying, especially with the item snapping to things. Plus not being able to get enough stuff working.

And I never seem to accumulate enough stuff to build everything I want to... At the moment I'm just focusing on upgrading my power armour so it's all green :3

Sounds like you need some more mods ;) Check out Settlements Expanded

Offline JamesGoblin

• My name is Goblin. James Goblin.
    • Camelot Unchained Wiki
« Reply #303 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 09:02:00 »
It might finally become playable after couple years of modding and bug fixing.

JK, I actually like it ... even some bugs, believe it or not =)
Trivia: Warhammer Online is the best game ever made.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #304 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 23:37:32 »
A lot of folks have already moved on from Fallout 4, but with the DLC on the way I thought I'd bring everyone's attention to this weeks episode of American Dad - S12E10 which is Fallout themed (unabashedly so, some funny references to the game play and stuff.)-

Some nods to Murdered: Soul Suspect as well (pointing out how dumb it is)
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 March 2016, 23:41:54 by noisyturtle »

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #305 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 23:44:09 »
huh, I should watch that episode...

I need to get into the DLC. I think there's some new locations? D:

Once in a while I play...even with over 180 hours of gameplay there's still little nooks and crannies (mostly in historic/downtown Boston) I haven't seen.

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #306 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 14:55:17 »
huh, I should watch that episode...

I need to get into the DLC. I think there's some new locations? D:

Once in a while I play...even with over 180 hours of gameplay there's still little nooks and crannies (mostly in historic/downtown Boston) I haven't seen.

I got the season's pass while it was cheaper. The Mechanist has so far been really short and outside the robot crafting bench doesn't add much.
Biking is fun.

Offline UTommieTanka

« Reply #307 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 16:44:20 »
Just started to play again after a 2 month-ish break and boy oh boy is it enjoyable. I'm only up to where you become a knight in the Brotherhood of Steel but I'm having a blast playing again.

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #308 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 17:42:13 »
Just started to play again after a 2 month-ish break and boy oh boy is it enjoyable. I'm only up to where you become a knight in the Brotherhood of Steel but I'm having a blast playing again.

Never did like those folks. Not really sure why. Something just never clicked for me.
Biking is fun.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #309 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 17:53:23 »

Yea, me too. Took a break to catch up on some tv shows. I'm quite a bit further than you, but I agree, super enjoyable to back to it.

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #310 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 17:57:47 »

Never did like those folks. Not really sure why. Something just never clicked for me.

I can't really get behind any of the factions tbh

* Minutemen - sorriest faction I've ever seen....get to "Defend the Castle" and see what I'm talking about. If you want to be one of the "good guys", join the Railroad

* Railroad - kind of like the hipster faction...their playthrough is pretty fun but can be pretty lengthy and sometimes annoying. Even at the end you're reminded that you must live with your choices...kind of a downer.

* BoS - arguably the most badass of all four factions but they are so arrogant. Michael Bay would be proud of this faction but honestly I went against BoS solely for the gatling laser and Elder Maxon's battlecoat. Not to mention the best explosion in the game can't be seen if you're allied with BoS and still have the Prydwen up

* Institute - how I feel Fallout 4 was meant to be played especially for first timers. But seriously f*** your son.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #311 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 19:11:45 »

* Minutemen - sorriest faction I've ever seen....get to "Defend the Castle" and see what I'm talking about. If you want to be one of the "good guys", join the Railroad

* Railroad - kind of like the hipster faction...their playthrough is pretty fun but can be pretty lengthy and sometimes annoying. Even at the end you're reminded that you must live with your choices...kind of a downer.

* BoS - arguably the most badass of all four factions but they are so arrogant. Michael Bay would be proud of this faction but honestly I went against BoS solely for the gatling laser and Elder Maxon's battlecoat. Not to mention the best explosion in the game can't be seen if you're allied with BoS and still have the Prydwen up

* Institute - how I feel Fallout 4 was meant to be played especially for first timers. But seriously f*** your son.

I agree with most of your analysis, but the Minutemen have a special place in my heart, maybe it's because they were the first faction that you come upon.

Offline UTommieTanka

« Reply #312 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 19:23:04 »

Yeah, I just got to that bit. I'm not sure man, I really want to like the minutemen but all they are is 'Go here, help them' over and over. Nice to get out and explore places that I haven't seen though :)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #313 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 20:06:32 »
It really boils down to the end-game rewards. IMO The Railroad offers the best prize, although The Institute's prize is pretty sweet aesthetically.

Offline UTommieTanka

« Reply #314 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 20:39:20 »
It really boils down to the end-game rewards. IMO The Railroad offers the best prize, although The Institute's prize is pretty sweet aesthetically.

Right, well... I have no idea who the Railroad is yet so when I get to them I will see lol.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #315 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 20:56:13 »
Still haven't gotten it.  My backlog is so deep, I really shouldn't be buying games.  But seeing this thread... and GMG has it for 40% off right now...

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #316 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 20:57:55 »
Still haven't gotten it.  My backlog is so deep, I really shouldn't be buying games.  But seeing this thread... and GMG has it for 40% off right now...

DO IT!! It's worth the timesink :thumb:

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #317 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 20:59:28 »

It is a pretty decent game. Especially at a discount.
Biking is fun.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #318 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 21:01:38 »

Especially at a great discount!

FTFY

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #319 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 00:07:38 »

FTFY

The only problem I've had with the game has been lack of 21:9 support.
Biking is fun.

Offline UTommieTanka

« Reply #320 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 07:10:30 »

FTFY

Same thing here but I can get the game to run well with eyefinity for the life of me. Tried pretty much everything with no luck.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #321 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 07:12:43 »
I CBA with the spoiler tag, so here we go.

So I completed the game with the Institute, didn't really like the ending and went back about 10 hours of gameplay to instead complete it with the BoS instead. I kind of feel the same way about them as jerue does in that they are arrogant, but the only way to complete with the Railroad is if you go with them instead of the Minutemen, which I didn't want to do. I have fierce loyalty to them because they've backed you since the start, so I thought, **** the railroad. Although Deacon is by far the coolest companion, so I was a bit gutted when I had to kill him.

Just completed as the BoS and I think I'm going to carry on like this. Finally swapped out my ISO board for an ANSI one so now I have my tilde too :D Going to keep modding my settlement I think, might brose some mod forums and see what I can find.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #322 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 07:30:45 »

FTFY

Same thing here but I can get the game to run well with eyefinity for the life of me. Tried pretty much everything with no luck.

Yea, resolutions other than 16:9 are pretty ****ed. I messed with the ini files a while ago trying to get all 3 monitors up, but the hud was totally screwed, all of the dimensions were done by percentage so they become all out if whack.
Well, hoping the next Fallout will properly support custom resolutions.

Offline UTommieTanka

« Reply #323 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 08:08:39 »

FTFY

Yea, resolutions other than 16:9 are pretty ****ed. I messed with the ini files a while ago trying to get all 3 monitors up, but the hud was totally screwed, all of the dimensions were done by percentage so they become all out if whack.

Lets hope it is on a brand new engine! Still can't believe that they made fallout 4 on the Skyrim engine from over 5 years ago. Well, tbh they said that the game was in development for that long but yeah...

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #324 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 08:38:55 »

FTFY

Lets hope it is on a brand new engine! Still can't believe that they made fallout 4 on the Skyrim engine from over 5 years ago. Well, tbh they said that the game was in development for that long but yeah...

Working in the games industry, hearing this statement makes me laugh  :p  You make it sound like Fallout 4 was just a mod pack for Skyrim.

For fun, If you were to make a game that has all the same technical features as Skyrim which engine would you chose: a) vanilla Skyrim engine b) brand new engine that has not shipped any games c) fork of the Skyrim engine where you can change only the things which need to be changed.

Taking option B adds years of extra development time. Skryrim engine, the 'Creation Engine', was brand new for Skyrim. Only Skyrim and F4 have ever used it. Event if they have time, virtual no companies have the money to make a full new engine for EVERY game release.

Most companies pick option C. Actually, many companies go to the lengths of doing a public re-branding of their engine! Placebo effect of it being new makes 'gamers' rave about the new engine but it's 75%+ the same code as the previous engine. The money spend on the re-branding has zero effect on the development of the game, but major companies still see positive reactions in sales when gamers think the next game is coming out on a new engine  :))

Incremental updates are the way to go. Creation Engine uses Havok for it's physics. The version of Havok inside of Fallout 4 will be many increments higher than the version in Skryim. When you feel dissatisfied with the game you don't go "GOD, THEY NEED A NEW PHYSICS ENGINE. Still can't believe Fallout 4 was made on the Havok engine from over 15 years ago!". Yes, Havok has been used since 2000  ;D
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 April 2016, 08:40:31 by nathanrosspowell »

Offline UTommieTanka

« Reply #325 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 09:06:07 »
Didn't really think of it that way, kinda feel like an ass now lol. But you have to admit that some of the limits on that engine such as physics tied to FPS etc shouldn't be a problem in 2015/16 (Not sure if it is the same as FO4 but I know that was the case in Skyrim). I've got no idea how much goes into actually making the engine, but with the new tech out these days most people expect to be able to utilize it, such as 144hz screens etc.

So, when you said about most companies just rebranding per say, is that what DICE/EA have been doing over the past 5 years with their Frostbite engines? I've always thought that they crazy for making a 'new' engine for each iteration of their games.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #326 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 11:26:56 »

Working in the games industry, hearing this statement makes me laugh  :p  You make it sound like Fallout 4 was just a mod pack for Skyrim.

For fun, If you were to make a game that has all the same technical features as Skyrim which engine would you chose: a) vanilla Skyrim engine b) brand new engine that has not shipped any games c) fork of the Skyrim engine where you can change only the things which need to be changed.

Taking option B adds years of extra development time. Skryrim engine, the 'Creation Engine', was brand new for Skyrim. Only Skyrim and F4 have ever used it. Event if they have time, virtual no companies have the money to make a full new engine for EVERY game release.

Most companies pick option C. Actually, many companies go to the lengths of doing a public re-branding of their engine! Placebo effect of it being new makes 'gamers' rave about the new engine but it's 75%+ the same code as the previous engine. The money spend on the re-branding has zero effect on the development of the game, but major companies still see positive reactions in sales when gamers think the next game is coming out on a new engine  :))

Incremental updates are the way to go. Creation Engine uses Havok for it's physics. The version of Havok inside of Fallout 4 will be many increments higher than the version in Skryim. When you feel dissatisfied with the game you don't go "GOD, THEY NEED A NEW PHYSICS ENGINE. Still can't believe Fallout 4 was made on the Havok engine from over 15 years ago!". Yes, Havok has been used since 2000  ;D

Thanks for posting this.  Now I don't have to  ;D

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #327 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 13:39:09 »
Didn't really think of it that way, kinda feel like an ass now lol. But you have to admit that some of the limits on that engine such as physics tied to FPS etc shouldn't be a problem in 2015/16 (Not sure if it is the same as FO4 but I know that was the case in Skyrim). I've got no idea how much goes into actually making the engine, but with the new tech out these days most people expect to be able to utilize it, such as 144hz screens etc.

So, when you said about most companies just rebranding per say, is that what DICE/EA have been doing over the past 5 years with their Frostbite engines? I've always thought that they crazy for making a 'new' engine for each iteration of their games.

I hope I didn't sound too mean  :p

In the past, Japanese companies would actually start from scratch every time - I think a lot of the Final Fantasy games did that. In reality while being great for innovation it is a huge risk.

For new tech, yes, I do agree that there should be better support - escpecially if a company wants to have a competitive edge on PC. The reality is that only ~1% of users will be able to take advantage of the features so the return on investment is extremely low. e.g. adding good VR support to an existing 'AAA' game could take a small team a few months at the very least. Those people need to paid a salary so the cost needs to be justified.

Physics tied to FPS isn't a 'problem' to the developers. It's just something that isn't worth supporting. There is very little return on investment for the time that will be needed to restructure the core of the engine. I guarantee that the decision to tie the physics and FPS was made by people who knew the consequences.

144hz screens is a bit different. They can only be truly utilised by games that run at incredibly high frame rates. A game like Fallout 4 wouldn't even benefit from the feature and the would require the game to run at a base FPS that is at least 4 times faster. That is pretty much impossible without cutting features such as draw distance, texture quality, AI, etc.

I totally get the logic you take with your points  :D  Being on the inside I just know a bit more about how it works. There are still LOTS of examples of where developers are just plain lazy and try and get away with releasing crap (*cough* my company *cough*) and it is not acceptable!

Offline UTommieTanka

« Reply #328 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 13:47:25 »

I hope I didn't sound too mean  :p

In the past, Japanese companies would actually start from scratch every time - I think a lot of the Final Fantasy games did that. In reality while being great for innovation it is a huge risk.

For new tech, yes, I do agree that there should be better support - escpecially if a company wants to have a competitive edge on PC. The reality is that only ~1% of users will be able to take advantage of the features so the return on investment is extremely low. e.g. adding good VR support to an existing 'AAA' game could take a small team a few months at the very least. Those people need to paid a salary so the cost needs to be justified.

Physics tied to FPS isn't a 'problem' to the developers. It's just something that isn't worth supporting. There is very little return on investment for the time that will be needed to restructure the core of the engine. I guarantee that the decision to tie the physics and FPS was made by people who knew the consequences.

144hz screens is a bit different. They can only be truly utilised by games that run at incredibly high frame rates. A game like Fallout 4 wouldn't even benefit from the feature and the would require the game to run at a base FPS that is at least 4 times faster. That is pretty much impossible without cutting features such as draw distance, texture quality, AI, etc.

I totally get the logic you take with your points  :D  Being on the inside I just know a bit more about how it works. There are still LOTS of examples of where developers are just plain lazy and try and get away with releasing crap (*cough* my company *cough*) and it is not acceptable!

Just me being a softie lol. But now you mention it I totally understand where you're coming from, after all the first thing studios care about is money in most cases. Thanks for you insight on it though  :thumb:

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #329 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 20:41:44 »
I finally purchased a little over a week ago when GOG did the 40% off plus another 15% flash sale - total of $29  :thumb:

I am only about 8 or so hours in and am having fun with it.  3 settlements started, and done a handful of the main missions. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #330 on: Sat, 02 April 2016, 07:10:08 »
I wanted to love it. But it didn't suck me in. Perhaps I have to give it one more try. I also have the Witcher 3 and that got me into it immediately. I couldn't stop playing it.

Also, the Fallout 4 experience on the PS4 is somewhat clunky: FPS is noticeably low and controls are slow. (yeah I know.. PC masterrace)
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline UTommieTanka

« Reply #331 on: Sat, 02 April 2016, 14:43:09 »
I wanted to love it. But it didn't suck me in. Perhaps I have to give it one more try. I also have the Witcher 3 and that got me into it immediately. I couldn't stop playing it.

Also, the Fallout 4 experience on the PS4 is somewhat clunky: FPS is noticeably low and controls are slow. (yeah I know.. PC masterrace)

Opposite for me, although I am not totally sucked into Fallout I am enjoying it. And then when I play Witcher I just couldn't get into it

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #332 on: Sat, 02 April 2016, 20:53:04 »

Opposite for me, although I am not totally sucked into Fallout I am enjoying it. And then when I play Witcher I just couldn't get into it

I'm in the same boat, I really want to like the witcher but just didn't get into it.
Biking is fun.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #333 on: Sun, 03 April 2016, 06:43:44 »

I'm in the same boat, I really want to like the witcher but just didn't get into it.

Interesting. What don't you like about witcher that you do like about fallout? For me, witcher feels more vibrant, more atmosphere to it: the music for instance. Or the scenery.

I really should try fallout again. But I cannot find the time now. Haven't touch my PS4 for weeks.. too bad.

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #334 on: Sun, 03 April 2016, 11:56:30 »

Interesting. What don't you like about witcher that you do like about fallout? For me, witcher feels more vibrant, more atmosphere to it: the music for instance. Or the scenery.

I really should try fallout again. But I cannot find the time now. Haven't touch my PS4 for weeks.. too bad.

I don't really know. I probably just need to get a little further into the story.
Biking is fun.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #335 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 04:58:50 »
I just felt it so much easier to get into that F3. I got to just before the museum on F3 and stopped playing. Tried about three times to get into it but just couldn't. F4 seems a lot more streamlined, and the combat relies a lot less on VATS this time around than last time. I feel I can take most battles without it.

I'm not enjoying it on a level with Skyrim, but it's still a pretty great game.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #336 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 05:16:55 »
It suffers from being too clustered, whereas Skyrim had a lot of open area allowing each discovery to breath on it's own and have a greater impact as well as allowing for more of them.

One of the issues may have been that FO4 doesn't have any inherent mount to get around quickly so they cut down the size of the world map. They will probably add a goddamn vehicle  crafting system in the second DLC  that will require even more **** collecting and inventory sorting for even more crafting.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #337 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 16:21:03 »
It suffers from being too clustered, whereas Skyrim had a lot of open area allowing each discovery to breath on it's own and have a greater impact as well as allowing for more of them.

One of the issues may have been that FO4 doesn't have any inherent mount to get around quickly so they cut down the size of the world map. They will probably add a goddamn vehicle  crafting system in the second DLC  that will require even more **** collecting and inventory sorting for even more crafting.

Yeah, I get the cluttered bit. There are a hell of a lot of things around the map.

I might have to start another game. I've got to lv44 and I've not got anywhere near as many side quests as I had in Skyrim, I want to go with the railroad and see what happens with them. Or just ignore the main quest completely.

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #338 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 17:31:30 »

Yeah, I get the cluttered bit. There are a hell of a lot of things around the map.

I might have to start another game. I've got to lv44 and I've not got anywhere near as many side quests as I had in Skyrim, I want to go with the railroad and see what happens with them. Or just ignore the main quest completely.

I'm lvl 52 and I haven't touched the main quest line on purpose. I've just been wandering and killing. The Silver Shroud was fun though.
Biking is fun.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #339 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 17:33:02 »

I'm lvl 52 and I haven't touched the main quest line on purpose. I've just been wandering and killing. The Silver Shroud was fun though.

Ooooo, I've not done that yetttttt. I've got the costume but Done nothing with it although I can't drop it...

Offline UTommieTanka

« Reply #340 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 11:16:38 »

So I just went back and tried The Witcher again and I am really loving it this time... I guess some games have to be played with a controller

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #341 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 13:00:22 »

Ooooo, I've not done that yetttttt. I've got the costume but Done nothing with it although I can't drop it...

Yeah, I only did the Silver Shroud because I couldn't drop the costume. Turned out to be awesome fun.
Biking is fun.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #342 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 14:05:33 »

So I just went back and tried The Witcher again and I am really loving it this time... I guess some games have to be played with a controller

Cool! I need to try fallout again... but once I'm in the zone my friends will hate me for it :P I'm basically offline for a week.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #343 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 11:51:29 »
BUMP.

I've been playing this still. Got a few weird screenshots from my time playing that I thought would be fun to share :)

First one is pretty self explanatory...

Next up is a teddy sat on a toilet. Thought I would leave him to it...

Naturally I have to wear a suit of power armour in the Glowing Sea, but Piper is made of stronger stuff!

Oh...

Next up, the railway rifle is a lot of fun

Choo choo mother****er.

Even more fun than the fat man (this is why I love VATS)

Some great camerawork during dialogue as ever...

My super awesome first character

Power armour is lit

Settlers will do anything to get noticed...

And finally, Deacon does some clean up after we complete a mission

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #344 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 11:19:07 »
Oh, and I tried a bunch of mods and my game just perpetually crashed at the title screen... RIP...

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #345 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 11:32:39 »
Oh, and I tried a bunch of mods and my game just perpetually crashed at the title screen... RIP...

That's just part of the Bethesda experience!
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #346 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 15:29:00 »

That's just part of the Bethesda experience!

Yup..

Crashes are why I play Bethesda..

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #347 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 17:55:14 »

Same thing happened to me. Although it was about 50 hours after the mods were installed. I'm sure it was due to an update. I had to revert back about 8 hours of saves, then re-enable the mods and everything has been fine since.

Offline mrhead

• Thread \ (•◡•) / Stopper
« Reply #348 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 09:30:03 »
Bumping a bit dated thread, but I wanted to ask others.  Am I the only one who completely surrounds each settlement with fences/walls to keep the baddies out?  I couldn't help myself.  I installed the settlement size mod so I could actually provide sufficient power, food, beds, and defense.  So far it hasn't appeared to affect performance at all.

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #349 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 10:00:30 »
Bumping a bit dated thread, but I wanted to ask others.  Am I the only one who completely surrounds each settlement with fences/walls to keep the baddies out?  I couldn't help myself.  I installed the settlement size mod so I could actually provide sufficient power, food, beds, and defense.  So far it hasn't appeared to affect performance at all.

I couldn't be bothered to build anything. I really didn't enjoy that part of the game. The way things fail to snap together is a pain.
Biking is fun.