Author Topic: Is ANNE PRO keyboard worth $77?  (Read 5913 times)

Offline Molly

Offline Peekaboo

Re: Is ANNE PRO keyboard worth $77?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 06:10:34 »
 :eek:o my god. i got one at $92 on Banggood. this one much more worthy.

Offline Molly

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 06:31:26 »
I got a code after I emal armyourdesk: [Anne$5off]

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 08:14:04 »
I kept telling you guys those korean customs are a big fat ripoff.. people wouldn't believe me.. hahahaha

But this keyboard  should hit around $40 eventually, it's not expensive to make

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 08:27:20 »
Cheap, expensive, whatever. HOW IS BATTERY LIFE and signal consistency. That's all that matters.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 08:53:08 »
Cheap, expensive, whatever. HOW IS BATTERY LIFE and signal consistency. That's all that matters.

it's really hard to evaluate keyboard + bluetooth in terms of signal, because it's not  a continuous stream.. 

So there's no human detector way of tracking the reliability and precision of the input.

The only way you could test this is if you had a high speed camera..  and tested the actuation by shorting the switch from the back with a wire which also rigs to the camera shutter..

Not hard to do..  but doo-able..

But who's gonna do it.. hahahahha

Tp4 won't do it because Tp4 loves wires.    so it's really a political issue for Tp4..  /team wired..

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 08:54:25 »

it's really hard to evaluate keyboard + bluetooth in terms of signal, because it's not  a continuous stream.. 

So there's no human detector way of tracking the reliability and precision of the input.

The only way you could test this is if you had a high speed camera..  and tested the actuation by shorting the switch from the back with a wire which also rigs to the camera shutter..

Tp4 won't do it because Tp4 loves wires.    so it's really a political issue for Tp4..

G900 wireless ok I believe 1000hz over wireless and good battery life.

But I had the Apple Wireless chiclet-style keyboard. I type fast in normal english language and it just couldn't keep up. I smashed it so hard it was bent.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 08:56:47 »

Tp4 won't do it because Tp4 loves wires.    so it's really a political issue for Tp4..

But I had the Apple Wireless chiclet-style keyboard. I type fast in normal english language and it just couldn't keep up. I smashed it so hard it was bent.

the trouble is, it MIGHT NOT be the keyboard,  whatever laptop you had could have had a non-cooperating bluetooth transceiver

for example I have an x220 with bluetooth 2.1   and another x220 with bluetooth 4.0..

The 2.1 version works well with 1 headset but poorly with another..  but the 4.0 works better with a certain bluetooth mouse, but not the other..

Offline Molly

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 23:12:16 »
Thanks

Offline Molly

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 01:06:18 »
Battery Life (1000mah)
Lights off - 30 days
Lights on - 3 hours

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 07:32:50 »

the trouble is, it MIGHT NOT be the keyboard,  whatever laptop you had could have had a non-cooperating bluetooth transceiver

for example I have an x220 with bluetooth 2.1   and another x220 with bluetooth 4.0..

The 2.1 version works well with 1 headset but poorly with another..  but the 4.0 works better with a certain bluetooth mouse, but not the other..

In this case it was "made for each other": Late 2010 Macbook Pro with Apple own's bluetooth keyboard. Same time period.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 09:53:06 »
Anne pro is a good starter board. Personally I don't like BT, so it's not my thing.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Aox

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 13:26:02 »
I've been using one at home on my living room laptop for a couple of months now.

It's really a great keyboard.  The only complaint I have is how long it takes to "wake up" if you haven't typed on it in a while, in bluetooth mode.  If you type three letters, it will buffer those, take a few seconds, then wake up and they show up on the screen.  If you type quickly, you can end up typing out two or three words before it wakes up, and then the last three letters of whatever you typed show up.  I sat and played ABZU with it Saturday morning, worked like a champ.  Minecraft, sims, gaming, all fine.  Typing, it keeps up like a champ, no problems at 90-100 wpm when playing that typing racing game.  It doesn't connect to older bluetooth, but comes with a new BT dongle you can use if your machine doesn't have BT in it natively. 

Great keyboard, I have no problem recommending it.

EDIT: As for battery life, I don't use the backlit LEDs very often, and I end up plugging it in every 2-3 weeks.  Battery life seems fairly exceptional, to be honest.
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 May 2017, 13:27:55 by Aox »

Offline Molly

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 02:38:54 »
Thanks a lot

Offline pomk

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 06:53:45 »

Tp4 won't do it because Tp4 loves wires.    so it's really a political issue for Tp4..  /team wired..
No need for a high speed camera or some silly wires, a cheap ass microphone is all you need. Just look for the actuation point from the recordings waveform and have a piece of software 'beep' when a key is pressed. Compare the time it takes from clack to beep against your reference keyboard. You can also check for variance in the response time by sampling more than one time.

In my tests mx speed would give more benefit, as far as latency is concerned, compared to switching from a decent bt4 solution to an atmega powered usb keyboard.
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 May 2017, 06:56:23 by pomk »

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 09:36:03 »
I personally feel that the Pok3r is much better than this. However I still really want this keyboard primarily because of the ability to change LED colors using a phone app! And I don't even like LEDs on keyboards!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 11:30:31 »
I personally feel that the Pok3r is much better than this. However I still really want this keyboard primarily because of the ability to change LED colors using a phone app! And I don't even like LEDs on keyboards!

pok3r is better

but it costs twice as much
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90