Author Topic: How did I get from crappy keyboard to [this]?  (Read 1377 times)

Offline antquinonez

How did I get from crappy keyboard to [this]?
« on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 12:52:23 »
Hi, I'm Antonio. It all started with me spilling drinks on my stockpile of borrowed (work) Dell and HP membrane keyboards; went out, got a wireless Logitech; that sucked and went looking again. Figured, I'll get one of em old keyboards from when I started using computers in college -- you guys call those Model Ms, and now, here I am. I own a Unicomp Model M (on which I'm typing this); an IBM Model M from 1990 (which is not as good to me as my 2005 Unicomp); a Model F XT that I got for free from a recycling center -- I just went there looking for keycaps (my IBM was missing an Esc cap); a Fujitsu FKB 4725, and a Packard Bell something or other that I probably spent too much for ($36)-- they're definitely linear something or other switches (they feel like sponges) and I'm a bang typer.

I've been lurking for a while and soaking up info from Chyrosran22 on Youtube.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: How did I get from crappy keyboard to [this]?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 13:38:48 »
Before you go further.

Try to keep  actual Utility in mind..

Just in case you're not-interested in buying boxes and putting said box on a shelf only to never look at it again.

Offline antquinonez

Re: How did I get from crappy keyboard to [this]?
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 13:50:07 »
If having more than one keyboard per computer were about utility, we would've stopped at the first keyboard that didn't make us not want to type.

But I get it, I use all my keyboards (except that Packard Bell)...I swap out every few days.