Author Topic: What’s happenin’? (The thread about what is happenin’.)  (Read 7112 times)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
What’s happenin’? (The thread about what is happenin’.)
« on: Wed, 02 August 2023, 21:17:56 »

 What’s up?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Re: What’s happenin’? (The thread about what is happenin’.)
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 02 August 2023, 21:21:33 »
You feeling glad ?

I’m feelin’ rad.

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 24 August 2023, 04:45:10 »
Ehhh just had my english SAC (which is a standardised test for all you non-Americans)

Feel like I did fine but barely didn't have enough time to finish it, it was a comparative essay and missed out on the conclusion and the closing sentence on one of the paragraphs

Glad I don't have to touch essays until my exam in november? idk

We are doing an oral presentation next which is like my favourite thing to do, I feel like I will do well on that.
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 18 September 2023, 07:34:49 »
Ehhh just had my english SAC (which is a standardised test for all you non-Americans)

Feel like I did fine but barely didn't have enough time to finish it, it was a comparative essay and missed out on the conclusion and the closing sentence on one of the paragraphs

Glad I don't have to touch essays until my exam in november? idk

We are doing an oral presentation next which is like my favourite thing to do, I feel like I will do well on that.

Crikey (my attempt to communicate in Australian language) that sounds like a pain. Hope you did well, though.
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 19 September 2023, 04:07:15 »
Crikey (my attempt to communicate in Australian language) that sounds like a pain. Hope you did well, though.

I don't think I've ever heard someone use crikey in many many years LOL
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 19 September 2023, 07:45:32 »

I don't think I've ever heard someone use crikey in many many years LOL

I think you're lying to me. You're telling me Aussies don't go around honking "CRIKEY!" like geese?
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 20 September 2023, 04:01:43 »
I think you're lying to me. You're telling me Aussies don't go around honking "CRIKEY!" like geese?

I think I might blow your mind... We do not put shrimp on the barbie... in fact we call them prawns.

Your reaction I assume
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 20 September 2023, 05:02:16 »

I think I might blow your mind... We do not put shrimp on the barbie... in fact we call them prawns.

Your reaction I assume

That's why Australians say, "She was a real a prawn"

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 20 September 2023, 06:42:31 »

Your reaction I assume

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 20 September 2023, 06:43:44 »

Your reaction I assume

Wait what do you call prawns then? Like the huge shrimp-looking things.

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 20 September 2023, 14:52:22 »

We just generally call all of that type of seafood prawns for some reason, also I just found out that shrimp and prawns are 2 different things how I didn't know that is beyond me.
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 21 September 2023, 08:13:11 »
Heard on the news that the current price of NFTs is $5-$10

What did those people spending $thousand$ (or $milliion$?) for some x number of lines of code expecting?
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 21 September 2023, 08:45:41 »

We just generally call all of that type of seafood prawns for some reason, also I just found out that shrimp and prawns are 2 different things how I didn't know that is beyond me.

They're merely different names for  ocean- Roaches.

/bottom feeders /scavengers,  highly toxic

302680-0

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 22 September 2023, 07:45:24 »

do you have crawfish/crayfish/crawdads/whatever there? no ocean near me so crayfish are like the redneck lobster

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 22 September 2023, 18:27:46 »
do you have crawfish/crayfish/crawdads/whatever there? no ocean near me so crayfish are like the redneck lobster

We do have types of crawfish here but they I don't see them sold very often. I'm not sure you can eat some types like yappies because they are classified as endangered, but I don't know much about crawfish to say for sure. (Also I know it's crayfish but Corpfish/Crawdant has made me say crawfish now so...)

What did those people spending $thousand$ (or $milliion$?) for some x number of lines of code expecting?

yeah I don't know why they thought that people would think that digital scarcity would work even remotely well.

The market was doomed to fail from the start. NFTs had no life, it was another grift to make money, everything surrounding the market was full of over-promises and was ripe with fraud and scams. These prices were never sustainable, because everyone was insider trading (it was actually encouraged to do so the nft bros are so strange) and hoping you would believe they were actually worth that price.

Glad to see no one cares about them anymore, such a joke.

fjell | hhkb bt

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 25 September 2023, 06:42:54 »

We do have types of crawfish here but they I don't see them sold very often. I'm not sure you can eat some types like yappies because they are classified as endangered, but I don't know much about crawfish to say for sure. (Also I know it's crayfish but Corpfish/Crawdant has made me say crawfish now so...)

yeah I don't know why they thought that people would think that digital scarcity would work even remotely well.

The market was doomed to fail from the start. NFTs had no life, it was another grift to make money, everything surrounding the market was full of over-promises and was ripe with fraud and scams. These prices were never sustainable, because everyone was insider trading (it was actually encouraged to do so the nft bros are so strange) and hoping you would believe they were actually worth that price.

Glad to see no one cares about them anymore, such a joke.

yabbies  :D love australian names for things. the scientific name is a little more intimidating, though: Cherax destructor

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 25 September 2023, 08:52:37 »

love australian names for things. the scientific name is a little more intimidating, though Cherax destructor

A very different creature with the same name end has been bedeviling beekeepers worldwide for decades, but even though it was of Asian origin it had somehow missed Australia until recently.

https://www.australiangeographic.com.au/news/2023/09/australia-gives-up-on-eradicating-varroa-mites/

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 25 September 2023, 09:56:14 »
I am exploring Rule 34 just for giggles ...

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 16 November 2023, 18:37:14 »

(Attachment Link)

I realized that the other day and wondered how they may be related.

Then I continued devouring my shrimp with delight.

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 16 November 2023, 22:54:48 »

the microplastics and toxins add to the flavour.
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 17 November 2023, 03:03:12 »
all ocean food is gross

ever hear of piure?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 17 November 2023, 07:02:00 »

(Attachment Link)

It's a combination of problems.

They're bottom feeders. So the toxins bio-accumulate upwards in the food chain to the BIG FISH, these are highly toxic.

Then these fish die, and the carcasses fall towards the bottom at the same time disintegrating.  The bottom feeders is then bathed in this further compaction of toxic soup and eats the left over.

The ocean lifesystem essentially vacuums up all of the human chemical dumping.

This is around 250 Billion TONS of un-regulated chemicals into the Environment per year. About 30 TONS per person, essentially.

Eating meat, especially sea-food is a super concentrated dose.