Author Topic: Shake Shack  (Read 1506 times)

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Shake Shack
« on: Sun, 10 December 2023, 13:56:31 »
It's just glorified burger king, and doesn't even have Onion Rings.

Thoughts?

Their shake also tastes like a brick of over-sweetened grease.
:-X

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: Shake Shack
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 10 December 2023, 16:16:50 »
It's been 4 hrs, honestly feels like Tp4 has been poisoned by the amount of grease in the food.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 10 December 2023, 17:59:29 »
Smashburger > Five Guys > Red Robin > Shake Shack

That's my chain top four, Shake Shack is good, but there are better. The servings are a bit small for the price, and the menu is sparse on options. Not a big fan of their fry style, and their shakes are subpar at best. Great burger though, made with high quality ingredients.

never tried Umami Burger or Culver's, both I hear are very good

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 10 December 2023, 18:04:51 »
Smashburger > Five Guys > Red Robin > Shake Shack

That's my chain top four, Shake Shack is good, but there are better. The servings are a bit small for the price, and the menu is sparse on options. Not a big fan of their fry style, and their shakes are subpar at best. Great burger though, made with high quality ingredients.

never tried Umami Burger or Culver's, both I hear are very good
Agreed that the fries and shakes arent great, but the burgers are crazy. The smoke shack is my favorite burger from restaurants in its category. Hard to beat the fries at five guys.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 10 December 2023, 18:44:55 »
Five guy fries are mushy. the shack crinkle fries are crispy but they leave it in too long such that it's absorbed too much grease.

Mcdonalds still has the best balanced fries. If I want grease sponges, popeyes fries are similarly juiced up and spiced. But what were they thinking NO ONION RINGS on such a high priced menu.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 10 December 2023, 19:28:11 »
Five guy fries are mushy. the shack crinkle fries are crispy but they leave it in too long such that it's absorbed too much grease.

Mcdonalds still has the best balanced fries. If I want grease sponges, popeyes fries are similarly juiced up and spiced. But what were they thinking NO ONION RINGS on such a high priced menu.

I actually agree with you. MD's fries are also my gold-standard, but I always ask for them made fresh, and they only have a 7 minute window of being good.
I've had better fries, but at restaurants. I think the quality of the potato and oil has a lot to do with the final taste, and nothing beats duck fat fries.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 10 December 2023, 20:53:48 »

only have a 7 minute window of being good.

I would say that this is true of just about any french fry.
An air fryer can bring them back to life about as well as anything.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 11 December 2023, 06:42:43 »
I tried Shake Shack for the first time in 2022 while I was in Detroit for the NAIAS and the chocolate malted shake was heavenly. Didn't try anything else from there though. Five Guys is bottom-of-the-barrel... sorry. Never had Culver's, never even heard of Umami Burger.

Tom Wahl's > Schaller's > Smashburger > everything else.

Also Shake Shack was issued a permit to build a store in my area back in February but I'm not sure what's going on there. Hopefully that comes to fruition.
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 December 2023, 06:44:58 by mohawk1367 »
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D