Author Topic: m1cr0center  (Read 1378 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
m1cr0center
« on: Mon, 18 December 2023, 15:11:41 »
Where men goes to be men...?

or

Where solo loneliness has persisted and is actively enforced..

In anycase, their deals on hardware mains are unbeatable. Tp4's third favorite store after homedepot and harborfreight.

Got some m0ar fans today.

Y'all gone to microcenter ?
:D

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: m1cr0center
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 18 December 2023, 15:40:30 »
MicroCenter is my favorite store of all time, period.

For many years I lived a 15 minute drive from the one in Marietta, Georgia, and I bought tons of stuff there to build computers for myself and my kids, and bought their laptops there when they started college. Staff was always available and usually very knowledgeable and helpful.

MC never hesitated to stand behind their products and cheerfully replaced damaged or defective gear with few questions and no hassle - and my purchase history has always been on file with them so paper receipts were never even required. (my ex-wife has always been an Apple minion so she always lived in a different universe)

Even now, I still order the important stuff from them. Shipping is relatively cheap and very quick, and prices are very competitive.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 19 December 2023, 04:26:25 »
Every real geek needs to make a pilgrimage to Microcenter at least once.

Just be prepared to spend more than you plan, not because it's expensive but because it's cheap and you will impulse buy.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 19 December 2023, 06:54:33 »
Microcenter seems really cool, too bad it's us only.

There are some alright online shops with good deals here but I don't think that beats finding a good deal in a physical store
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 19 December 2023, 10:06:12 »
Every real geek needs to make a pilgrimage to Microcenter at least once.

Just be prepared to spend more than you plan, not because it's expensive but because it's cheap and you will impulse buy.

the first time i went was in Michigan, around an 8 hr drive. i went for the auto show in 2021 and i could not believe it was actually a real place. its like geek heaven its absolutely mindblowing... ive been twice since then and its always amazing, once in Indiana and once in New York City. unfortunately my nearest one is in Ohio which is still nearly a 4 hr drive

the only thing we have locally is Best Buy, which at this point is more of an appliance store with a few CPUs and prebuilt desktops
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D