Author Topic: Trees and interesting behaviour - crown shyness  (Read 1536 times)

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
Trees and interesting behaviour - crown shyness
« on: Sat, 30 December 2023, 15:07:07 »
I love trees, I really do, love to be in a woods, watch the trees, take photos of them, hug them as well :)

Anyway! I noticed it years ago and just recently it was bugging me so much I had to look up and found out I was right!

Apparently, some of the trees species has this weird behaviour called crown shyness - their canopies do not touch each other, tend not to grow wide enough to touch other trees' branches.

Most of the time between same species, but also between different kinds too.

Have you guys notice it?

I keep checking it every time I'm in a park or woods and yeah, looks like it.

Cool :)

9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
Re: Trees and interesting behaviour - crown shyness
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 30 December 2023, 15:36:17 »
That is pretty cool! I think you just sent me down a rabbit hole here LOL....  :thumb:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 30 December 2023, 20:16:39 »
Trees are connected to earth's largest neural network via the Mycelium in the soil.

They are a processing/ data node of the planet. The system as a whole is highly conscious, perhaps even in super-natural terms (relative to humans).

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 31 December 2023, 23:53:11 »
That's such a pretty image, evolution in nature is so interesting.
fjell | hhkb bt