Author Topic: Neck crik  (Read 1607 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Neck crik
« on: Thu, 29 April 2021, 09:24:36 »
Jus makes u want 2 die.

Tried the damn stretches on the utube, didn't do nothing.

Offline yui

Re: Neck crik
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 29 April 2021, 09:39:54 »
usually stretches will take months to have effects and if you are doing the wrong ones for you problem it may get worse, i do not know how much research you did, but patience and if it is really bad, medical help are the only solutions, there is no instant free get better anything.
and well youtube is a place with a lot of good and a lot of bad advice, i would take any exercise advice with a grain of salt.
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 29 April 2021, 10:42:42 »
there is no instant free get better anything.

They exist,  highly addictive, and you end up living on the streets.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 29 April 2021, 11:13:00 »
I've had a pinched nerve in my neck/shoulder for like 6 months, it sucks

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 29 April 2021, 12:54:25 »
oof.. can't even play dat piano

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 29 April 2021, 13:06:40 »

not last I checked, I was on those highly addictive pain relievers for a long time due to issues with my L5 (still have spine issues but no longer on those "meds") - you don't end up on the streets and you don't get hooked in a small dose, also they wont write them for a "crick" in your neck - there's other things for that. 

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 29 April 2021, 22:17:21 »
not last I checked, I was on those highly addictive pain relievers for a long time due to issues with my L5 (still have spine issues but no longer on those "meds") - you don't end up on the streets and you don't get hooked in a small dose, also they wont write them for a "crick" in your neck - there's other things for that. 

Addiction is a combination problem. We know that the likelihood of dependence begins to greatly increase in as early as 5 days of continuous use.  It's not a non-issue.

Opioid painkillers should fall in the not-even-once category for most people.

Offline foxieze

• i like code.
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 30 April 2021, 03:13:31 »
i find that i don't actually get much pain in my neck, however, my back feels horrible most of the time.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 30 April 2021, 12:20:13 »

It depends on which drug and how much pain you're actually in. I took an Oxycodone once for some residual surgery pain and felt a craving for it for like two weeks; it scared me so much I have never allowed myself to take it again. Norco on the other hand is about as effective as a runner's high.

Neck cricks are extremely annoying, and I got them about once a week a few years back, probably from bad weight lifting technique or something. The only thing I ever found slightly useful was tucking my chin and looking in the opposite direction of the crick and pressing on it with my hand. That gives maybe a minute of relief.

I've had other less severe neck pain and discomfort for a couple years, and it's the worst. Even if it's not severe, something about it makes concentration or enjoyment of anything really difficult.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 30 April 2021, 17:46:10 »
It depends on which drug and how much pain you're actually in. I took an Oxycodone once for some residual surgery pain and felt a craving for it for like two weeks; it scared me so much I have never allowed myself to take it again. Norco on the other hand is about as effective as a runner's high.

It affects everyone differently. But it's already a settled case that the rise in prescriptions directly caused the opioid epidemic.

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 03 May 2021, 08:31:05 »
tp4 needs to see a chiropractor. a certified one, considered good of course; not a dollarstore bone-wrangler. then the tp needs to take some pain pills so the muscles can relax and some blood oxygen can get in there.. otherwise he's quickly gonna have an inflamed muscle or two.

and then yoga. sounds silly, works.