Author Topic: Ad Astra  (Read 1797 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Ad Astra
« on: Sun, 08 December 2019, 11:28:09 »
Did you guys see this ?

It seems all the big sites/ critics gave the movie high scores for < novelty + visuals >

Tp4 found it quite tiring to watch, and there is an impractical layout of the sci-fi elements. 

Anyone can fill in the blanks and say something like, Oh well, this is to impart that we may actually be the only intelligent life out here, therefore we should be nicer to each other. However this just seemed lazy.

The entire film we were waiting, then it just doesn't happen.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
Re: Ad Astra
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 08 December 2019, 13:05:03 »
Did you guys see this ?

It seems all the big sites/ critics gave the movie high scores for < novelty + visuals >

Tp4 found it quite tiring to watch, and there is an impractical layout of the sci-fi elements. 

Anyone can fill in the blanks and say something like, Oh well, this is to impart that we may actually be the only intelligent life out here, therefore we should be nicer to each other. However this just seemed lazy.

The entire film we were waiting, then it just doesn't happen.

Honestly it feels like just a meh

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 09 December 2019, 03:50:47 »
Watched it as well.
Wasn't amazing, but OK. I liked the visuals, lights etc
Do I understand correctly - he flew up to the edge of our solar system and decided that there is no other life in universe?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Drop CSTM80 | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline bananasplit_00

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 09 December 2019, 05:42:13 »
Great visuals, no story. It had about 20min or so of good in it total. There were so many opportunities for it to become pretty good but the script never goes there. The characters are also paper thin and dont seem convincing.

Those are my thoughts about it at least

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 09 December 2019, 05:50:28 »
They brought a lot of different actors and with exception of MC none of them had any decent amount of screen time. Visuals weren't bad, story however sucked. It was so bland that I couldn't event remember what it was about.

To be fair, I only went to see it because of Bred Pitt. If he wasn't in it, I doubt I'd even knew about its existence.