Author Topic: Have you tried turning it off and on again?  (Read 8176 times)

Offline fanpeople

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
« on: Sun, 17 November 2019, 05:02:18 »
Has mother****ing saved me twice this week.

1. Aircon stops working, display is giving me mixed signals. I turn it off, I turn it on. I do this for the outside power switch also. No luck. I go online figure out what the flashing lights mean. It tells me the inside system is not communicating with the outside system. I **** bricks, that sounds expensive. I **** more bricks because it is hot AF and I don't want to sleep in the hot AF weather especially if I come off night shift. I then pass one final brick as all the aircon techs love fishing and it is fine ass fishing weather. Well as a last ditch effort I go to the fuse box. I locate that mother****ing switch for the air-con circuit. I actuate that mother****er to open. I leave it for 20 long ass minutes. I grab it and throw that ***** back to closed. I go inside and turn on my aircon. It springs to life and I thank the wind gods for protecting me against the sun gods.

2. I go outside for jogging (I am just about the hit the downward slope of life so it is time get serious about health again after a bit of lazyness). I come back to my big 2k monitor I bought off Gumtree a few years ago is not on. It is on but it is not displaying anything. I fiddle with my diddles. Nothing. I flick some buttons. nothing. I turn it off and on at the switch. Nothing. I pull out the cable and try the cord from the other monitor that goes in a different hole. nothing. I **** bricks. still nothing. I start to get desperate, I ask Satan for a favor. He tells me to **** myself as I did not pay him back for the last one. I have two options. try another device, or unplug this ***** and let it power down like like my brain after a night of drinking. I opt to power down. I plug it back in and boom I am greeted with a purple benq startup. I thank the electron gods for the gift I am now receiving.

So now I have used all my luck points up, Satan wants payment and I still have a third device **** up to come to complete the trifecta.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Have you tried turning it off and on again?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 17 November 2019, 06:37:11 »
:))

Best avoid using anything expensive until you find something cheap to break.  Maybe a toaster, kettle or ... no, that's about it for cheap tech I can think of.  Hot drinks and toast are just what you need in a heatwave!
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline iri

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 17 November 2019, 06:57:05 »
fanpeople, you have all these problems because you are a heathen. You need to turn to Christ and everything will start working.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 17 November 2019, 09:04:04 »
Australia has too much radiation from all dat uranium mining.. killz electronix.

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 17 November 2019, 10:55:19 »
Power drain fixes most stuff believe it or not.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 17 November 2019, 11:57:48 »

1. Aircon stops working, display is giving me mixed signals. I turn it off, I turn it on. I do this for the outside power switch also. No luck. I go online figure out what the flashing lights mean. It tells me the inside system is not communicating with the outside system. I **** bricks, that sounds expensive. I **** more bricks because it is hot AF and I don't want to sleep in the hot AF weather especially if I come off night shift. I then pass one final brick as all the aircon techs love fishing and it is fine ass fishing weather. Well as a last ditch effort I go to the fuse box. I locate that mother****ing switch for the air-con circuit. I actuate that mother****er to open. I leave it for 20 long ass minutes. I grab it and throw that ***** back to closed. I go inside and turn on my aircon. It springs to life and I thank the wind gods for protecting me against the sun gods.

2. I go outside for jogging (I am just about the hit the downward slope of life so it is time get serious about health again after a bit of lazyness). I come back to my big 2k monitor I bought off Gumtree a few years ago is not on. It is on but it is not displaying anything. I fiddle with my diddles. Nothing. I flick some buttons. nothing. I turn it off and on at the switch. Nothing. I pull out the cable and try the cord from the other monitor that goes in a different hole. nothing. I **** bricks. still nothing. I start to get desperate, I ask Satan for a favor. He tells me to **** myself as I did not pay him back for the last one. I have two options. try another device, or unplug this ***** and let it power down like like my brain after a night of drinking. I opt to power down. I plug it back in and boom I am greeted with a purple benq startup. I thank the electron gods for the gift I am now receiving.

So now I have used all my luck points up, Satan wants payment and I still have a third device **** up to come to complete the trifecta.

Using an I.T wheel of problems always works :wink:

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 17 November 2019, 19:40:29 »
Well that was quick, the old nail to the tyre trick this morning. Bought the car new, about 8 weeks ago. $200 for a new one not repairable apparently as it is too close to the sidewall. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Lucky I found it whilst the vehicle was parked and not doing 100 down the freeway. But still pretty dirty about having to get a new tyre to replace my 8 week old tyre.

In this case, turning it off and on again has failed me.

At least the trifecta is now complete.

Best avoid using anything expensive until you find something cheap to break.  Maybe a toaster, kettle or ... no, that's about it for cheap tech I can think of.  Hot drinks and toast are just what you need in a heatwave!

Man I wish I had had taken this advice more seriously and not touched my new car for a few days.

fanpeople, you have all these problems because you are a heathen. You need to turn to Christ and everything will start working.

All the jesus bois be sitting round the ready room....

Australia has too much radiation from all dat uranium mining.. killz electronix.

Been to an old uranium mine, the green/blue taint on the rocks is quite pretty.

2/3 problems is not a bad hit rate.

if by wheel you mean dart board....

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 17 November 2019, 19:52:24 »
Well that was quick, the old nail to the tyre trick this morning. Bought the car new, about 8 weeks ago. $200 for a new one not repairable apparently as it is too close to the sidewall. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Lucky I found it whilst the vehicle was parked and not doing 100 down the freeway. But still pretty dirty about having to get a new tyre to replace my 8 week old tyre.

Man I wish I had had taken this advice more seriously and not touched my new car for a few days.

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ]

Yes i do

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 17 November 2019, 19:53:11 »

tech-illiterate people just assume that if you're good with computers, you know how to solve their problems.

No deborah, i won't fix your printer from 1997

Offline iri

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 18 November 2019, 03:47:41 »

I had to do the same a couple months ago, with a ContiPremiumContact 6 :'(
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 18 November 2019, 04:58:29 »
I had to do the same a couple months ago, with a ContiPremiumContact 6 :'(

RIP perfectly good tyres  :'(

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 07:59:29 »

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ]

F