Author Topic: Have you ever used a squatting pan? :)  (Read 4438 times)

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
Have you ever used a squatting pan? :)
« on: Thu, 17 August 2023, 12:02:46 »
I saw funny threads about kettles, boiling water etc so thought I would come up with weird thread as well :)
So...

Have you ever used a squatting pan?
When, where was it? Did you find it comfortable?
And please let me know if you had to google it, or did you actually know what it is  :D

9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Have you ever used a squatting pan? :)
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 17 August 2023, 12:10:45 »
Had to googer..

This is the default in Asia. It doesn't work for everyone unless you're used to it, you have to develop the flexibility, otherwise, you'll feel like falling over the whole time.

Offline phinix

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 17 August 2023, 12:15:58 »
Had to googer..

This is the default in Asia. It doesn't work for everyone unless you're used to it, you have to develop the flexibility, otherwise, you'll feel like falling over the whole time.

You dont need to develop anything tp, this is natural and best position to do pooping :)
Modern toilets are bad, cause 90 degree position is not natural for your intestines etc
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 17 August 2023, 12:44:11 »
You dont need to develop anything tp, this is natural and best position to do pooping :)
Modern toilets are bad, cause 90 degree position is not natural for your intestines etc

Take 2 STRONG paint cans or cinderblocks to the bathroom, try it out squatting on your regular toilet. If you can balance and it works for you, go for it.

Alternatively, try it in the woods,  but if you get eaten by a legendary Irish Wolf/Bear +50 lightning damage,  well toldya so.

Offline phinix

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 17 August 2023, 15:06:40 »

Take 2 STRONG paint cans or cinderblocks to the bathroom, try it out squatting on your regular toilet. If you can balance and it works for you, go for it.

Alternatively, try it in the woods,  but if you get eaten by a legendary Irish Wolf/Bear +50 lightning damage,  well toldya so.

I'll tell you a little story, tp.
When I was a little kid, maybe 3-4 years old, my dad (he was a soldier) took me once to a Russian military base, or what it was - leftovers after old soviet base, next to my dad's active Polish military base. Back in a days, there were many Soviet bases in Poland, quite often next to Polish ones. We were walking through old buildings and I found a small room with this plastic thing mounted in the floor. I asked my dad what it was and he explained me that it was a toilet! So that was a first time I saw a squatting pan :) Of course I decided to try it out immediately! :D

Apart from that, back in a days - in 80s and 90s it was very popular to have holidays (vacation) in woods, camping, either using tents or campers. We had a camper and every year we used to drive to lake district and we were camping. When you camp in 80s, your toilet is practically a small military folding shovel and a toilet roll :)
So yeah, I'm not a stranger to squatting :D
Plus I have pretty strong legs - I used to push ~480kg on leg press bench.

Oorah! :)
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 August 2023, 15:12:20 by phinix »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 17 August 2023, 15:15:57 »
Hell no. Last time I used a squat potty was about 28 years ago in India, and I vowed never again.

Online Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 17 August 2023, 19:16:29 »
Oh god no, I didn't know what you meant until I looked it up cause I never knew that's what it was called. I did read about it and yeah it's less healthy to use a normal toilet but I don't think I've ever seen one here. I agree with tp4 that you have to be used to it. Like I tried to do an asian squat a few and it was so uncomfortable and almost fell over lol, but to be fair it is a different position. Still agree with what I say though.
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 17 August 2023, 19:45:07 »
It's that stretch right above where the thigh meets the hip, after a couple minutes it gets sore and numb, this one time, was squats for too long and literally couldn't get up, was stuck, legs completely frozen, had to grab onto the railing and push oneself straight until the feeling returned to legs.

Offline phinix

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 18 August 2023, 02:56:00 »
It's that stretch right above where the thigh meets the hip, after a couple minutes it gets sore and numb, this one time, was squats for too long and literally couldn't get up, was stuck, legs completely frozen, had to grab onto the railing and push oneself straight until the feeling returned to legs.

photos or it never happened!  :D

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 18 August 2023, 05:57:04 »
Only on holidays. Yes, I had to google it, as I thought it was about cookware :p .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 18 August 2023, 06:13:25 »
I've been told that squat-toilets in the floor are still common in Japan — the land otherwise known for it's high-tech toilet seats.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 18 August 2023, 10:41:16 »
I've been told that squat-toilets in the floor are still common in Japan — the land otherwise known for it's high-tech toilet seats.

Weary of high tech toilets, it's got dat wifi, what are the japanese doing with all the data collections, up to no good, no doubt.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 19 August 2023, 02:20:03 »

Weary of high tech toilets, it's got dat wifi, what are the japanese doing with all the data collections, up to no good, no doubt.

Hearsay! The Toto Neorest NX is the closest my butthole will ever be to God.

Offline iri

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 23 August 2023, 06:34:31 »
this plastic thing mounted in the floor
But it's supposed to be ceramic.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline phinix

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 23 August 2023, 07:55:44 »
this plastic thing mounted in the floor
But it's supposed to be ceramic.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

The one I saw in that old Soviet base it was plastic, I'm pretty sure, like hard plastic, with feet plate areas etc

Yeah, 480kg is a lot, I know. I should mentioned I was 17 or 18 years old when I did that...
I used to do 200kg when I was 14 years old. One guys could not believe me and he wanted to bet all things he had in his room!
...I never took his stuff at the end :)

Thing is 480kg wasn't widely available or possible to do in public gyms back then. Max was 250-300kg or something like that.
I actually used one in my dad's military base gym, where max was something like 485kg, dont remember exactly.
Many soldiers couldn't believe me, till I actually did that to show them - many could not go over 200kg. Skinny boys...  :p

During our PE classes in my secondary school we used to go to public gym. There was that machine you could throw max 200kg on your shoulders to do squats.
Nobody could do that, including our PE teacher.
Few years later, when I started uni, PE teacher there was shocked when I shown him how many I can press. He straight away signed me in for university olympics, he was convinced we could win 1st place, first in like 10 years of our uni olympics history :) Unfortunately, I had issues with my eyes (high pressure and possibility of glaucoma), so had to quit gym. Teacher was devastated :)

One more thing to mention, I never trained my legs. I was obese my whole life, so maybe my legs was strong to carry my fat body ;)

There, that's the full story :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 August 2023, 08:04:29 by phinix »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 23 August 2023, 08:06:34 »

Yeah, 480kg is a lot, I know. I should mentioned I was 17 or 18 years old when I did that...
I used to do 200kg when I was 14 years old. One guys could not believe me and he wanted to bet all things he had in his room!
...I never took his stuff at the end :)

Thing is 480kg wasn't widely available or possible to do in public gyms back then. Max was 250-300kg or something like that.
I actually used one in my dad's military base gym, where max was something like 485kg, dont remember exactly.
Many soldiers couldn't believe me, till I actually did that to show them - many could not go over 200kg. Skinny boys...  :p

During our PE classes in my secondary school we used to go to public gym. There was that machine you could throw max 200kg on your shoulders to do squats.
Nobody could do that, including our PE teacher.
Few years later, when I started uni, PE teacher there was shocked when I shown him how many I can press. He straight away signed me in for university olympics, he was convinced we could win 1st place, first in like 10 years of our uni olympics history :) Unfortunately, I had issues with my eyes (high pressure and possibility of glaucoma), so had to quit gym. Teacher was devastated

Whoa! Amazing!
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 13 September 2023, 07:47:27 »
NOPE and I never want to, but Japan is my dream vacation country so... I might have to in the future if I end up going.
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D