Author Topic: Dating advice  (Read 23054 times)

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
Re: Dating advice
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 09:48:44 »
I would just be careful given the situation you are in. Some tact may be necessary.

I also met my girlfriend when she was still in another relationship. Personally I just demanded that she left him as soon as I noticed we were getting "romantically involved". She did. 6 years later we are still together. She moved in with me about 6 months after she broke up with her boyfriend. Some people of course suspected that she cheated, which she did not.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #101 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 10:03:58 »
I would just be careful given the situation you are in. Some tact may be necessary.

I also met my girlfriend when she was still in another relationship. Personally I just demanded that she left him as soon as I noticed we were getting "romantically involved". She did. 6 years later we are still together. She moved in with me about 6 months after she broke up with her boyfriend. Some people of course suspected that she cheated, which she did not.

Do you know why defectors are often beheaded right after their usefulness has ended...  because if they betray their original party, it is in their character to betray YOU as well...  this isn't a moral thing I'm pushing, I'm merely saying eyes-out...   less of-course you're in an open relationship, in which case, w/eves

Offline Malphas

« Reply #102 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 14:06:12 »
This "omg she's cheating, that means she'll cheat on you someday" line of thinking going on in this thread is one of the most stereotypically pubescent things I've ever read.

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #103 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 15:37:27 »

Do you know why defectors are often beheaded right after their usefulness has ended...  because if they betray their original party, it is in their character to betray YOU as well...  this isn't a moral thing I'm pushing, I'm merely saying eyes-out...   less of-course you're in an open relationship, in which case, w/eves

Except she never cheated. It is more like we both noticed that we hung out more than you could consider "normal", and it was not behind anyone's back. We had been friends for some time. When I noticed that was going on, I commented on it, she agreed and broke it off with her boyfriend at the time. I think we both were pretty clean and honest about it. There was no kissing, or anything inappropriately intimate before she broke up with him.

Also, I have pretty much zero fear of her cheating on me regardless. And if we were to drift apart and she would find someone else, I wish she would behave the same as she did when she met me. That is , tell me honestly and in advance. I would never want to be with someone who does not want to be in a relationship. If it is over, it is over. Though right now that seems unlikely to happen.

Offline iri

« Reply #104 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 15:41:07 »
malphas, this line was posted by a teenager named sth, he doesn't know life. don't take his postings seriously.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Trent

« Reply #105 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 16:45:06 »
dude if she's cheating on her current SO with you, what the **** do you think she's gonna do when she gets unhappy with YOU? tell her to make her mind up before you get too emotionally invested man.

This.
Quote from: Trent
I hate fun
IBM Model M | IBM Model M SSK | FK-2000 | FK-8000 | FK-9000 | Fujitsu Peerless | Zenith Data Systems (Yellow ALPS!) | AEK

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #106 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 18:18:32 »
Though I would consider it a more lonesome life as people are spread more thinly across..
Actually, your are more likely to be single living in a big city than is the more rural areas. Scientists think it has to do with so many options that people don't want to settle.

Also, population density depends on the area, Southern (actually much of) of California is entirely too crowded and has a housing shortage. 1/8th of the U.S. now lives in California.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline RiGS

« Reply #107 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 19:17:20 »
I have my kitty cat, and that's all the **** I need to pet for now. I will just keep telling myself this lie.

Buy a Russian bride? I'm sure we have some Russians here; oh yeah!

Ask iri to set you up!

Trust me you don't wanna hang with Russian women. My dear mother is Russian! :)
Asian girls FTW.
Last edited by RiGS; Jan 2011

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #108 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 19:20:11 »
This "omg she's cheating, that means she'll cheat on you someday" line of thinking going on in this thread is one of the most stereotypically pubescent things I've ever read.

it's not a guarantee but it's a bad, bad sign if he's looking for a committed relationship. go buy somebody some stereotypical date gifts :P
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #109 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 21:14:20 »
Ukraine girls are soooo hot. I want to try them out. What their test drive policy is?
1) come near a group of ukrainian girls
2) start speaking english
3) ...................................
4) PROFIT!!!!11111

appendix a: no, she doesn't love you, she just wants a green card

My dearest Iri...you so don't understand. I'm not handing out green cards, nor am I interested in a Ukraine girl in the U.S. I purely want to go to the Ukraine and sample the goodies like I did in Prague. GREAT times, Input Nirvana knows party.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #110 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 22:03:51 »
Ukraine girls are soooo hot. I want to try them out. What their test drive policy is?
4) PROFIT!!!!11111

My dearest Iri...you so don't understand. I'm not handing out green cards, nor am I interested in a Ukraine girl in the U.S. I purely want to go to the Ukraine and sample the goodies like I did in Prague. GREAT times, Input Nirvana knows party.

This is bad if you trick them into thinking they're getting a green card out of the deal...

if you're upfront about it, then that's A-ok.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #111 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 22:06:16 »
Though I would consider it a more lonesome life as people are spread more thinly across..
Actually, your are more likely to be single living in a big city than is the more rural areas. Scientists think it has to do with so many options that people don't want to settle.

Also, population density depends on the area, Southern (actually much of) of California is entirely too crowded and has a housing shortage. 1/8th of the U.S. now lives in California.

I was not talking about relationship between man and women specifically.. but there is much more door to door in other cultures than the privacy obsessed American style.

for example, i tell my friends that when they get to my house, just open the door and come in.. they can't seem to handle this, and always call me when they're in front of the door to come to the door.

One time, a guy even left because I didn't pick up the phone when the battery was out... and then he blamed me for not picking up the phone,, he didn't even ring the doorbell..

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #112 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 22:06:17 »
4) PROFIT!!!!11111

This is bad if you trick them into thinking they're getting a green card out of the deal...

I prefer to really screw over people and take advantage of their disadvantages with lies and deception. This is best. I consider it a profession and deduct all incurred expenses as a sex tourist on my taxes. Find me now, you NSA ****ers.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #113 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 23:57:08 »
4) PROFIT!!!!11111

I prefer to really screw over people and take advantage of their disadvantages with lies and deception. This is best. I consider it a profession and deduct all incurred expenses as a sex tourist on my taxes. Find me now, you NSA ****ers.

unrestricted deviance will be your undoing.

Offline iri

« Reply #114 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 00:36:56 »
4) PROFIT!!!!11111

oh, i'm pretty sure i understood you quite well. what you need to do is go to ukraine and follow those easy steps.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline RiGS

« Reply #115 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 04:30:04 »
Could you elaborate more on step 3? It seems a bit vague to me.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #116 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 04:58:36 »
Could you elaborate more on step 3? It seems a bit vague to me.

step 3 is .............   aka "don't be weird"

Offline RiGS

« Reply #117 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 06:09:54 »
Weird like doing that helicopter stuff with your weiner?

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #118 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 07:15:51 »
Weird like doing that helicopter stuff with your weiner?
<Mod Edit: Link removed>
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 June 2013, 18:33:44 by dorkvader »

Offline thegunner100

• (╯'□')╯︵</3 ノ( '-'ノ)
    • The Emotional Skyscraper
« Reply #119 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 07:27:06 »
What you need to do is send her 600 emails.
:)) RiGS: If you have not read this yet, do! It is hilarious and sad at the same time:
http://vgperson.tumblr.com/post/21533650696/help-the-girl-i-like-wont-respond-to-my-emails

Thanks for wasting an hour of my morning. That's some real ****ed up **** right there if it was true. Now to go make some breakfast...  :llama:
Input Devices:CM QF Rapidx2 ~ REALFORCE 87uw 45/55g ~ Logitech G5v2 ~ Wacom Bamboo CTH-460

Audio Setup: look me up on head-fi
Check out my blog on touhou/doujin music, audiophile gear, and doujin games!

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #120 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 07:29:42 »
What you need to do is send her 600 emails.
:)) RiGS: If you have not read this yet, do! It is hilarious and sad at the same time:
http://vgperson.tumblr.com/post/21533650696/help-the-girl-i-like-wont-respond-to-my-emails

Thanks for wasting an hour of my morning. That's some real ****ed up **** right there if it was true. Now to go make some breakfast...  :llama:

DENKO-CHWAAAN!

Offline thegunner100

• (╯'□')╯︵</3 ノ( '-'ノ)
« Reply #121 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 07:32:02 »
Poor Denko :(
Input Devices:CM QF Rapidx2 ~ REALFORCE 87uw 45/55g ~ Logitech G5v2 ~ Wacom Bamboo CTH-460

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #122 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 07:32:53 »
(´・ω・`)

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #123 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 07:33:39 »
4) PROFIT!!!!11111

oh, i'm pretty sure i understood you quite well. what you need to do is go to ukraine and follow those easy steps.

Non of that is really my game, even though I know it is for others, fun to joke though. But disco all night in Prague with the locals was definitely off the hook. I just think Ukraine girls are hot. Not gonna date, import, marry, fold, spindle or mutilate. But they they are hot (Mila Jovovich).

Input Nirvana OUT!

Offline thegunner100

• (╯'□')╯︵</3 ノ( '-'ノ)
« Reply #124 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 07:49:33 »
I can tell Denko’s just tsundere, man.

I laughed pretty hard at that line xD

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #125 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 07:53:04 »
I can tell Denko’s just tsundere, man.

I laughed pretty hard at that line xD

:D

Dating advice in a nutshell, the romance of a lifetime.

Offline iri

« Reply #126 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 08:17:20 »
I just think Ukraine girls are hot
and sluttish. which is good for you!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Malphas

« Reply #127 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 14:44:47 »

it's not a guarantee but it's a bad, bad sign if he's looking for a committed relationship. go buy somebody some stereotypical date gifts :P
It would be a bad sign if she was deliberately and purposefully trying to maintain two distinct relationships concurrently over longer than short term, with one of the people involved not knowing. That's not at all what is happening here, in fact it doesn't even sound like cheating at all to me. Adult relationships/life in general is messy.

malphas, this line was posted by a teenager named sth, he doesn't know life. don't take his postings seriously.
Well now things make more sense.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #128 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 15:26:23 »
I was not talking about relationship between man and women specifically.. but there is much more door to door in other cultures than the privacy obsessed American style.

for example, i tell my friends that when they get to my house, just open the door and come in.. they can't seem to handle this, and always call me when they're in front of the door to come to the door.

Being from California, I freak out when customers tell me to just go in while they are at work.

Anyhow, the U.S. is quite a diverse place, with many different attitudes depending on where you are.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #129 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 17:38:40 »

Being from California, I freak out when customers tell me to just go in while they are at work.

Anyhow, the U.S. is quite a diverse place, with many different attitudes depending on where you are.

This is pretty funny. I grew up this way. Everyone was always welcome at my parents place. We had a piece of rope that came from the little lever that you could pull to open the door, that went through the space in the door intended for mail (this is common in holland), so kids in the neighborhood could let themselves in.

As an adult, I live in a big city, so I can not exactly leave my door open all day. However, 2 of my best friends have a key, and they are welcome to use our apartment when they are in the city. They see this as something pretty special, though for me it is normal. There is also something you get in return for your hospitality, like friends coming over to your place instead of you always having to visit theirs, since they feel at home.

I do tell them not to use my computer though XD

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #130 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 18:22:47 »
I do tell them not to use my computer though XD
Scared they might find your weird porn stash?  ;)
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #131 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 18:39:02 »
4) PROFIT!!!!11111

better to do and be done than to stay undone
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #132 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 20:10:07 »

I know they aren't any more/less sluttish than any other collection of women/men. But they are most certainly some of the hottest. High cheek bones, sultry eyes, bee sting lips....WOWZA!

Too bad they are in such a tough country. Rough winters, low opportunity, etc.  :(

4) PROFIT!!!!11111

better to do and be done than to stay undone

True dat brotha!!!!

Offline iri

« Reply #133 on: Fri, 14 June 2013, 01:49:09 »
Rough winters
in ukraine?! then what winters we have here in central russia, let alone siberia?! "apocalyptic"?!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline RiGS

« Reply #134 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 19:46:29 »
Just a quick follow up on the date. Today, after five years I met her again. Oh boy, such a disappointment!
I have no idea what I liked about her back then. Maybe it was the fact that she was only eighteen.

QFT

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #135 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 20:03:07 »
Just a quick follow up on the date. Today, after five years I met her again. Oh boy, such a disappointment!
I have no idea what I liked about her back then. Maybe it was the fact that she was only eighteen.

Show Image

QFT

Post pictures.... where are the pictures....

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #136 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 20:17:22 »

Show Image

QFT

damn!! sorry you got disappointed but maybe it was for the best.

Offline RiGS

« Reply #137 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 20:23:50 »
Absolutely!

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #138 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 20:48:12 »
Rough winters
in ukraine?! then what winters we have here in central russia, let alone siberia?! "apocalyptic"?!

U haz hot girlz ther?

Show Image

QFT

Aaaahhh....she was a pipe dream all along. It wasn't about her, it was about you after all, which is good. I'm glad you found out what it really was, but sorry you had to be disappointed. I guess my PM to you was kinda right on :)

Someday I should charge for my sage direction and advice. Damn I'm good!

Offline RiGS

« Reply #139 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 21:01:50 »
Actually I'm quite happy about it. Damn she was really annoying and boring. Also aging is the worst enemy of a fine woman.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #140 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 21:09:01 »
Also aging is the worst enemy of a fine woman.

yo i'ma give you the benefit of the doubt but... ಠ_ಠ

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #141 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 21:43:35 »
Actually I'm quite happy about it.....Also aging is the worst enemy of a fine woman.

Ain't gett'in naughty if yo ain't no hottie!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Tru dat.

Offline iri

« Reply #142 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 06:12:28 »
Rough winters

U haz hot girlz ther?
yesez.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #143 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 06:53:03 »
Well, majority is very... Russian. I guess it's a cultural thing, but I wouldn't touch them even with a ten-foot pole.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #144 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 07:18:57 »
Well, majority is very... Russian. I guess it's a cultural thing, but I wouldn't touch them even with a ten-foot pole.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline iri

« Reply #145 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 07:31:25 »
why?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #146 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 12:25:57 »
why?

• Looks. If I go to Karlovy Vary or random porn site, I can almost always tell whether the woman is Russian, or not. Some of them are textbook examples of sluttiness (based on looks).
  • Behavior. My experience is that Russian tourists are the most arrogant in the whole Europe. For example a woman that insisted on entering the St. Peter's Basilica dressed as a slut. Yeah, she was Russian.
  • Nationalism. AFAIK many Russians still believe that the Russian Empire can exist again; I've heard random Russians say stuff like "Czechoslovakia 1968? 10/10, would invade again".
  • Mentality.  It's hard to explain... Anyone who's read byliny and compared them to other European folklore probably knows what I mean. Completely different values. It's like when Americans occupied Japan after WW2 and had hard time understanding Japanese culture and society.

Offline iri

« Reply #147 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 14:24:16 »
If I go to Karlovy Vary or random porn site, I can almost always tell whether the woman is Russian, or not
just out of curiosity -- how can you tell the etnicity of a naked white woman?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #148 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 14:29:21 »
If I go to Karlovy Vary or random porn site, I can almost always tell whether the woman is Russian, or not
[/quote
By smell?
God that's funny?

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #149 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 15:17:55 »

Sigh, you must have noticed that native people look different in different areas. Most people with Russian origins are easy to recognize. Same thing in case of Nordic countries, south Europe or German-speaking countries.

Unfortunately, I've found out I'm not able to describe people (faces specifically).