Author Topic: ErgoDox key layout  (Read 3283 times)

Offline tadbitnerdy

ErgoDox key layout
« on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 11:11:42 »
To all ErgoDox party people!

I'm looking for a layout for this board that makes use of the LEDs (CapsLock, NumLock).  The one featured on the github site uses function layers instead, and does not make use of the LEDs.  I tested the LEDs and they light up when I plug the board in, but they are not used at all.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

-Tad

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: ErgoDox key layout
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 13:55:21 »

I'm looking for a layout for this board that makes use of the LEDs (CapsLock, NumLock).  The one featured on the github site uses function layers instead, and does not make use of the LEDs.  I tested the LEDs and they light up when I plug the board in, but they are not used at all.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

-Tad

they light up just fine.. but you have to you know, press capslock or numlock or scroll lock

Below is my layout.. i consider it quite good, but it may not have all the features you need.

https://www.massdrop.com/ext/ergodox/?referer=7VNJ8Z&hash=552007a8604dd6196491121aca042917

Offline tadbitnerdy

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 14:15:01 »

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

-Tad

they light up just fine.. but you have to you know, press capslock or numlock or scroll lock

Below is my layout.. i consider it quite good, but it may not have all the features you need.

https://www.massdrop.com/ext/ergodox/?referer=7VNJ8Z&hash=552007a8604dd6196491121aca042917

In the default qwerty layout provided there is NO capslock, numlock, or scroll lock.

Thanks for the layout.  I'll work it out.

-Tad

Offline tadbitnerdy

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 14:25:59 »
Oh, another question for you:  Did you need to move the LEDs to the keys that you had as num-lock, etc..., or could I leave them where they are according to the assembly instructions?  I still don't quite know how all this works, I just know how to use a soldering iron :)

Thanks!

-Tad

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 14:30:21 »
Oh, another question for you:  Did you need to move the LEDs to the keys that you had as num-lock, etc..., or could I leave them where they are according to the assembly instructions?  I still don't quite know how all this works, I just know how to use a soldering iron :)

Thanks!

-Tad

LOLOLOLOL...... :D

you can put the numlock key anywhere on the web configurator..  the light that comes on will always be the top light..

Offline tadbitnerdy

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 14:37:15 »
Awesome, thanks!