Author Topic: Yo mates any anime guys?  (Read 3954 times)

Offline Hue

Yo mates any anime guys?
« on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 23:41:44 »
Post your favorite animes and why

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Re: Yo mates any anime guys?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 01:00:34 »
Dragon Ball and Kai. As tacky as it sounds, I love the show and can never get tired of it. The fluidity and ease of entry sold it for me.
Maybe because I was deprived of anime shows in my youth. I had Speed Racer, Pokemon, these two Bible animes I can't remember the names of, and, later, Evangelion.

There are tons more with more plot, depth, characterization, and artwork, but DB always will be my go-to show.
I love Manga more.

Offline minTea

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 01:34:53 »
*points at profile picture*

I've really gotten into anime of the last 6-7 months.  I have always watched it to some degree but now it is mainly what I watch in my free time. :)

My favorites are:

Cowboy Bebop: Just all around an incredible anime that for me has a ton of rewatch capability since a lot of the plot is left up to you to decide.  Some of the most memorable scenes for me for sure.

Monogatari Series:  Bakemonogatari and Monogatari Second Season are definitley the best out of all of it but this show specializes in unique and engaging dialogue that is much different from most anime.  Due to this the characters to me actually feel real and in general the show feels like it was the creator's artistic vision put directly on display without any real revisions (for better and for worse, mostly better).  There are also some very powerful emotional moments in it.

Steins;Gate is one of my favorites as well.  Just a well thought out plot, great characters, basically a lot of the things you want in an anime.  The struggle to change time is entertaining and for those people who like the concept of time in general it is a really fun anime. 

I'm about halfway through the second season but the show I'm currently watching, Clannad, has blown me out of the water in terms of the levels of emotion you feel throughout the show.  The characters are very sincere and it is one of the few forms of media in general that I have actually cried watching (I have felt sad and even have had my eyes water up a bit from some things but never tears running down my cheek).  Just a very emotional story that grabs you, especially in this second season.

Honorable mentions to Kill la Kill, Madoka Magica, and Samurai Champloo!

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 01:59:24 »
Cowboy Bebop: Just all around an incredible anime that for me has a ton of rewatch capability since a lot of the plot is left up to you to decide.  Some of the most memorable scenes for me for sure.

Cowboy bebop is awesome, half of me wanted them to revive the series somehow but the other half was glad that they only did the one season. At least that way it remains top tier awesome. The only way I can describe it is as a work of art, perfect use of music and style.

I haven't really watched any anime in years (like 8) but I really liked Trigun was a good mix of serious and funny.

Hellsing I remember well also, not sure why but I think it was really well done.

Edit: that sunglasses man was meant to be an 8 next to a ). not a sunglasses man
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 July 2015, 02:04:53 by fanpeople »

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 02:01:09 »
Full Metal Alchemist man....

oh I love the current on going cooking anime (might be because I love cooking)
Shokugeki No Souma
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 02:06:12 »
The only one I have really got into (To be fair, I haven't tried a lot of them ) is Death Note. The story and characters are all brilliant and the writing is quite good. Overall a fantastic little show.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 07:34:19 »
Metal Gear Solid

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 07:44:32 »
Persona4

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline Lokomotivet

• (⌐■_■)
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 07:51:11 »
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
Best **** ever.
| ISO |

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 09:40:52 »
The only one I have really got into (To be fair, I haven't tried a lot of them ) is Death Note. The story and characters are all brilliant and the writing is quite good. Overall a fantastic little show.

I loved Death Note until the halfway point. At least in the manga; never watched the anime.
Everything after Near never happened for me.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 09:45:40 »
Do you guys got any recommendations on NEW anime..  We old people 've seen all the old stuff.. 

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 09:47:51 »
Do you guys got any recommendations on NEW anime..  We old people 've seen all the old stuff.. 

Show Image

The majority of what's come out in the last 5 years has been ****.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 09:50:59 »

Show Image

The majority of what's come out in the last 5 years has been ****.

Hence,  the recommendation thread... 

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 15:33:06 »

Show Image

How new we talking? If past couple years, a few big popular ones are Knights of Sidonia(Sidonia no Kishi), Kill La Kill, Attack on Titan(Shingeki no Kyojin).
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 16:07:48 »

Show Image

How new we talking? If past couple years, a few big popular ones are Knights of Sidonia(Sidonia no Kishi), Kill La Kill, Attack on Titan(Shingeki no Kyojin).

Well sure..

I liked knights ,.. didn't like kill-la (too much fan service),   attack on titan ( I didn't like the physics)

Offline minTea

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 16:19:19 »

Show Image

Yeah Kill la Kill and Monogatari have a bit too much fanservice for me but they were good enough to look the other way.  Id suggest checking out Steins;Gate.

Offline Kyi195

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 21:22:30 »
I really liked Black Lagoon.  Can't quite pinpoint why I liked it so much but I remember it being really good and everyone I've talked to liked it.  Gurren Lagan(n?) Was also really good.  And the one I just watched a couple months ago, Cromartie High School, was one of the, if not the funniest anime I've seen ever.  The English dub was really good and its pretty quick. 

Offline apathy3cs

• Glorious Leader
  • その目だれの目?
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 23:38:58 »
Steins;Gate is really good - it's a little slow at the beginning but give it the time.  things get interesting right at the end of part 1.

I would also recommend

Log Horizon - it's another .hack/SAO style show, but has a great story and character development. 
Your Lie in April - Never thought I'd like an anime solely about music, but this one is amazing - but be warned it will rip your heart out.
the new GITS (Arise) also was a good watch, and Eureka Seven AO was a good continuation to a 'decent' show.

I would also agree the market has been flooded with mediocre new shows at best.  Most shows are 90% fanservice 10% plot it seems. :/

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 23:47:18 »
I'm a pretty big Evangleion guy - liking the new series reboot.  Here's a pretty good list I found pre-compiled on Reddit.  http://imgur.com/gallery/HuzS1

Offline mauri

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 18:21:57 »
I really liked Black Lagoon.  Can't quite pinpoint why I liked it so much but I remember it being really good and everyone I've talked to liked it.  Gurren Lagan(n?) Was also really good.  And the one I just watched a couple months ago, Cromartie High School, was one of the, if not the funniest anime I've seen ever.  The English dub was really good and its pretty quick.

If you liked Black lagoon you should check out Gangsta, it just got started. It's a lot darker (although can you really top the twins arc from black lagoon) but seems really interesting.

As for favorite anime there are too many good ones for me to just pick one but out of the stuff that's currently airing Shokugeki no Souma and Monster Musume are ****ing hilarious though there are a bunch other interesting stuff like Overlord, Rokka no yuusha, Ushio to tora, Kekkai sensen (:|), God eater, GATE, Charlotte.

E: guilty pleasure pick: Fairy Tail.. dat soundtrack doe
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 July 2015, 18:26:17 by mauri »
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline Kyi195

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 18:31:22 »

If you liked Black lagoon you should check out Gangsta, it just got started. It's a lot darker (although can you really top the twins arc from black lagoon) but seems really interesting.

As for favorite anime there are too many good ones for me to just pick one but out of the stuff that's currently airing Shokugeki no Souma and Monster Musume are ****ing hilarious though there are a bunch other interesting stuff like Overlord, Rokka no yuusha, Ushio to tora, Kekkai sensen (:|), God eater, GATE, Charlotte.

The twins were the ones who dressed super sophisticated who were just goin around killing people right?  And I may check it out once it's fully out.  I tried watching Caanan, or however its spelled, while it was coming out and I wasn't able to stay focused on it.  I'd rather just marathon the whole thing when it comes out

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 18:48:28 »
I'm a pretty big Evangleion guy - liking the new series reboot.  Here's a pretty good list I found pre-compiled on Reddit.  http://imgur.com/gallery/HuzS1

Aww yee. I marathoned the reboots yesterday, they were just as good as they were the first time through.

Still waiting for the 3.33 BD to get released in North America...

Offline mauri

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 18:53:29 »

The twins were the ones who dressed super sophisticated who were just goin around killing people right?  And I may check it out once it's fully out.  I tried watching Caanan, or however its spelled, while it was coming out and I wasn't able to stay focused on it.  I'd rather just marathon the whole thing when it comes out

Well yes.. iirc there was some other ****ed up **** too going on with the twins. I didn't get past ep 1 with Canaan.. Jormungand could work, it's pretty similar.. I mean I didn't binge it like Black lagoon and others but it's _okay_

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 18:54:53 »

Aww yee. I marathoned the reboots yesterday, they were just as good as they were the first time through.

Yep I got a downloaded copy of 3.33 - it is wonderful.  I've been hearing runblings about the 4th movie maybe coming out at the end of the year - hope so!

Offline mauri

« Reply #24 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 18:58:29 »

Yep I got a downloaded copy of 3.33 - it is wonderful.  I've been hearing runblings about the 4th movie maybe coming out at the end of the year - hope so!

Are they any good? Ugh I mean the way the series ended.. man I've wanted nothing to do with Evangelion after that..

Offline Kyi195

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 19:02:27 »
Also, I just did some digging around on my computer and found this thing.  I haven't watched much out of this list (like maybe 6, max) but it's all of the basic ***** anime that /a/ wants you to watch before you start posting.  I feel like most are older (like 90s -> early 00s) but it should still give you some stuff to look over, through several genres as well.  Again, can't vouch for much of it but it's got to be at least decent to make it on the list.
105809-0

Well yes.. iirc there was some other ****ed up **** too going on with the twins. I didn't get past ep 1 with Canaan.. Jormungand could work, it's pretty similar.. I mean I didn't binge it like Black lagoon and others but it's _okay_

Also, just looked it up and yea, there was DEFINITELY some messed up **** in the back-story of the twins...  If you want to remember what it all is, here's the page I found
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 July 2015, 19:10:01 by Kyi195 »

Offline mauri

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 19:20:22 »
Also, I just did some digging around on my computer and found this thing.  I haven't watched much out of this list (like maybe 6, max) but it's all of the basic ***** anime that /a/ wants you to watch before you start posting.  I feel like most are older (like 90s -> early 00s) but it should still give you some stuff to look over, through several genres as well.  Again, can't vouch for much of it but it's got to be at least decent to make it on the list.
(Attachment Link)

Also, just looked it up and yea, there was DEFINITELY some messed up **** in the back-story of the twins...  If you want to remember what it all is, here's the page I found

Yeah that list certainly seems old(ish) with a quick look it seems to be missing all the usual ADD **** like attack on titan, tokyo ghoul, kuroko, akame ga kill, SAO, danmachi, fma:b.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 19:34:37 »
It all comes tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down...
I love Elzy

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 00:36:37 »
OP and hunter x hunter

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 14:36:50 »
OP and hunter x hunter

Toei kills anime.  So cheap.

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 15:00:49 »
OP and hunter x hunter

haters will be haters. What would the world be today without sailor moon? :P

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 15:14:38 »
OP and hunter x hunter

Just because a company did some good work 20 years ago doesn't excuse them from lazy animation in the present, especially when it's several orders of magnitude easier to animate compared to the 90s.  The sheer number of stills that I saw in the first few episodes of World Trigger was disgusting.

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 15:17:38 »
OP and hunter x hunter

Just because a company did some good work 20 years ago doesn't excuse them from lazy animation in the present, especially when it's several orders of magnitude easier to animate compared to the 90s.  The sheer number of stills that I saw in the first few episodes of World Trigger was disgusting.

time is of the essence nowadays and i do not have much time to watch as much anime as i would like. Im leaning towards reading manga instead during breaks at work etc. When i dont browse wallethack :)

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 09:35:03 »
hey whats that ****ed up hentai **** where some guy makes a girl cluck like a chicken while they ****
its absolute garbage but funny as **** because of it
black bible?
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 10:22:59 »
Best **** ever.

I was lost among so many mediocre animes till I found this.

but apart from jojo being the best:

Blue sub 6: Short anime but just an awesome story

Outlaw Star: space battles :3

Nyan Koi: funniest show I've ever seen

Offline Sniping

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 10:28:47 »
Bakemonogatari is probably my favorite anime. I watched the entire series but I like the first season the best, especially episodes 1-12. I'm also really like the first arc of SAO.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 10:50:15 »
Best **** ever.

I was lost among so many mediocre animes till I found this.

but apart from jojo being the best:

Blue sub 6: Short anime but just an awesome story

Outlaw Star: space battles :3

Nyan Koi: funniest show I've ever seen

I haven't watched the anime but I love the manga. Currently through Jolyne's story.

Offline ttzhou

• in your base, belonging
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 11:02:10 »
Monster.

Reason: Protagonists are over 18. Automatic high quality anime.

Oh and story, characters, and all that other fluff. But most important is REALISTIC AGE.

EDIT: Saw the favourite part...

- Bebop #1. Soundtrack, style, originality, characters, dialogue. Liked the dub better, actually.

- Stein's;Gate #2. Plot is top tier.

- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann #3

- Gungrave #4 (very underrated anime)

- Monster #5
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 July 2015, 11:05:59 by ttzhou »

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 12:56:44 »

Bebop #1. Soundtrack, style, originality, characters, dialogue. Liked the dub better, actually.
truuuuuuu
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline ttzhou

• in your base, belonging
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 12:59:43 »

Bebop #1. Soundtrack, style, originality, characters, dialogue. Liked the dub better, actually.
truuuuuuu

oh, and of course - main characters are OVER 18!!!!!

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 19:00:39 »
Check it yo! I haven't really updated it in a while. I like this site way more than MAL:

http://www.anime-planet.com/users/LXXXIX

Offline ConscienceDrop

• a-are these pbt?
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 19:12:07 »
Fairly generic dabbling in the Genre

Paprika, Eva, cowboy bebop, FLCL, the old jojo, akira. Samurai champlo.

I really enjoy animation. I admire the artistry. But I'm no expert. Slowly watching legend of the galactic heros.

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 19:53:07 »
My top favourites are probably Tatami Galaxy, Gosick, and Steins;Gate.