Author Topic: Cherry MX Red Board Suggestions  (Read 1355 times)

Offline Nawit

Cherry MX Red Board Suggestions
« on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 21:09:05 »
After realizing I was an idiot for getting a second cherry mx blue board in the DS5 (and having a spacebar issue), I am looking at other possible cherry mx red boards as I am moving in with a roommate soon and also want a different typing experience. As of right now I am looking to get the Leopold FC900 with PBT caps, per suggestion of a member on this forum. I was just hoping I could get a couple other suggestions before I make a final decision, cause I don't want to deal with returning another keyboard anytime soon.

Any and all suggestions are really appreciated.

Edit: Just wanted to apologize for the multiple threads in the forums. I am just trying to make the right decision with the help of more experienced people. :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 December 2015, 21:11:16 by Nawit »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Cherry MX Red Board Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 21:39:48 »
Cherry mx red is just as loud as mx blue in a quiet room..  This is because of the rebound noise, which can not be dampened.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 21:49:45 »
Cherry mx red is just as loud as mx blue in a quiet room..  This is because of the rebound noise, which can not be dampened.
My MX red board isn't loud at all, of course the FC900R comes with a dampened case so maybe that helps.

Blues were so loud the guy in the next office over complained.

Offline Nawit

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 21:57:39 »

I understand that they are still loud but they are definitely a little quieter. Some o-rings might help too. Besides that I just want a new typing experience given that I have been using blues for the past 3-4 years. I tried my friends Ducky Shine 4 a week ago and at first I wasn't a huge fan, but the more I was typing on it the more I liked it. I def liked it a lot more for games as it was easier to spam buttons and such, however I do think the typing aspect will take me a bit of getting used to (I was having a ton of typos).