Author Topic: One pill can kill - Fentanyl and counterfeits ?  (Read 2256 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
One pill can kill - Fentanyl and counterfeits ?
« on: Mon, 14 November 2022, 07:58:16 »
Aside from the standard cluster of questions about easy money, etc, making pills that kill the user has got to be the most stupid "business plan" ever.

Besides the increased scrutiny that almost always follows any non-disease death, which puts pressure and exposure up and down the supply chain, killing off your cash cow simply makes no business sense at all.

The only explanation that I can see is that the people making the pills are simply morons and are too incompetent to maintain any sort of quality control.
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 November 2022, 09:15:53 by fohat.digs »
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: One pill can kill - fentanyl ?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 14 November 2022, 08:11:11 »
That refers the bottom end of our dystopia.

Rich (slightly smarter) people don't do the street level drugs, they buy prescriptions.

The Uber Rich buy custom designer highs.

For the most part, the brain can't really take much of these experiences long term without resulting in some form of psychiatric breakdown as the limbic system becomes crippled and the prefrontal is downregulated.  Long term results are the same, rich or poor.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 14 November 2022, 08:28:57 »
Even Covid-19 was smart enough to evolve into variants that seem to be less lethal with each iteration.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 14 November 2022, 09:03:23 »
You are both wrong, TP opiate addiction has nothing to do with wealth. Once you're hooked you'll happily gobble down anything said to contain opiates of any strength to hopefully stave off dope sickness. Fohat, the fet is mostly being pushed by south american cartels & not quite as deadly as everyone thinks it is. Sure if you're opiate naive (i.e. have no tolerance) even a tiny amount of fet will wipe you out, but once you've been hooked for a little bit & your tolerance skyrockets it's just another opiate that can stave off WD to you. The real reason behind it's proliferation is because it's one of the most powerful opiates with one of the wickedest withdrawals & has a very short acting time compared to most other opiates. The cartels & gangs realized that it is much more profitable to sell cause addicts need many multiple doses throughout the day to stay off sick compared to other opiates which only require a few doses at best. So it sells faster & in higher quantities. Also they're not worried about the deaths, their true target is hardcore junkies who can handle fet cause once they are hooked there is no alternative to get well. Even heroin becomes a "weak" opiate to you when actively using fet. So overall they're still making way more than with heroin even with all the deaths, & you know in this cold world "money talks". Plus the fact that people really profiting off all this misery are worlds away from the US & more than likely to never be sought after by US authorities. That's not taking all the shady back door dealings of our politicians & police into account either. Opiate addiction is a ****ed up scene & a meat grinder as well, a lot of addicts will take on the fatalistic mentality of not being in withdrawal is more important than their health. So it's really a complicated web that got us to where we are at & why nothing much is really being done about it. Not nearly the "dumb criminals" & "poor problem" you guys seem to think it is.
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 November 2022, 09:05:05 by Rob27shred »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 14 November 2022, 09:15:08 »

if you're opiate naive (i.e. have no tolerance) even a tiny amount of fet will wipe you out

I was actually responding to high school students buying counterfeit Percocet pills in this thread.

As I understand it, there is an expanding market of counterfeit pills of many types, Adderall, etc, which are all really just Fentanyl.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/california/articles/2022-09-21/police-say-fentanyl-killed-la-student-6-others-overdosed

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: One pill can kill - Fentanyl and counterfeits ?
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 14 November 2022, 09:25:07 »
we're clearly talking about different things.

Fent has come to dominate the market because transport is more discrete, requiring 100x less volume per same retail value after cutting, that is the primary reason.  it's easier to move.

Its popularity has very little to do with its effects.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 14 November 2022, 10:33:45 »
It doesn't require transport, it's simple and cheap to make locally.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 14 November 2022, 10:38:43 »
THE PROBLEM,  is DEFORESTATION.  Our own oligarchs are as short sighted as ever, This will end the world much more quickly than any narcotics.

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 14 November 2022, 15:30:48 »

if you're opiate naive (i.e. have no tolerance) even a tiny amount of fet will wipe you out

I was actually responding to high school students buying counterfeit Percocet pills in this thread.

As I understand it, there is an expanding market of counterfeit pills of many types, Adderall, etc, which are all really just Fentanyl.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/california/articles/2022-09-21/police-say-fentanyl-killed-la-student-6-others-overdosed

Ah yes I did misunderstand what you were talking about. Yes unfortunately there has been an explosion of fet laced or flat all fet counterfeit pills that are made to look like many different pills some not even opiates. Also there has been a lot fet found in meth & coke too lately. Can't say the reasoning behind that as I left that terrible lifestyle many years ago, but I do agree it is a pretty dumb move on the dealers part as you're gonna be giving it to opiate naive people for sure if they're looking for uppers.

we're clearly talking about different things.

Fent has come to dominate the market because transport is more discrete, requiring 100x less volume per same retail value after cutting, that is the primary reason.  it's easier to move.

Its popularity has very little to do with its effects.

I beg to differ, while with users it may have little to do with effects as most opiate addicts would rather not use not use fet even if they have tolerance that can handle it. It produces a very strong, yet short high that only last a couple hrs before your going back into WDs. It also lacks the "warm & fuzzy" feeling most other opiates elicit in users. However the fact that it wears off so quickly is a huge reason the cartels & gangs have latched on to fet. It sells much more quickly due to how much addicts need to use it throughout the day to stay well. Couple that with how much easier it is to transport, they've basically replaced heroin with fet at this point. Actual heroin is incredibly hard to find nowadays cause of how much more profitable fet is from what I understand.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 14 November 2022, 20:51:31 »
I saw an interview with a fent dealer in Philly and he said he knows the stuff he had on him right then was deadly, and most of his current customers wouldn't return.

But on the real: fenty is not even a fun drug, it's straight up a bad time. why risk death for something that's not even a riot? get some pcp and ex, you'll have a much more 'memorable' night.

Offline Coreda

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 15 November 2022, 01:05:16 »
I saw an interview with a fent dealer in Philly and he said he knows the stuff he had on him right then was deadly, and most of his current customers wouldn't return.

Did they ask him his thoughts on how counterproductive this is? Or are people paying that much more for it that it becomes worth it to such dealers.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 15 November 2022, 01:33:19 »
Don't understand why people like fentanyl. I've had it twice now (for medical procedures) and I didn't enjoy it either time.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 15 November 2022, 02:27:07 »
Just dont do drugs 4head
Very busy with studies atm.