Author Topic: Shine though Kepcap sets  (Read 2421 times)

Offline dwolvin

• Retired squid in SanDog.
Shine though Kepcap sets
« on: Fri, 19 May 2017, 11:16:30 »
Hey all,
I have noticed that there don't seem to be much in the way of nice shine though sets, even though some of the patterns seen to scream for it (I'm looking at you, Miami Dolch).

Do any manufactures make shine though sets often?  Are there better places to look than Here, MassDrop, or Desk Authority?

Whoops- just noticed that this should be in the Keyboard Keycap area, Mods; Please move?
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 May 2017, 11:18:46 by dwolvin »

Offline dwolvin

Re: Shine though Kepcap sets
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 20 May 2017, 19:14:30 »
Yea, but with the rise of backlit keyboards I would expect someone to step up and make some at some point.  They are just doubleshot with a translucent inner layer, it shouldn't be so hard.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 20 May 2017, 19:22:18 »
Yea, but with the rise of backlit keyboards I would expect someone to step up and make some at some point.  They are just doubleshot with a translucent inner layer, it shouldn't be so hard.

They usually don't look very well.

Besides what exactly are you looking for?

You get a white or black set and you're done since you are using the backlighting?

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 02:27:32 »

They usually don't look very well.

This right here, you think an opaque double shot cap with a transparent legend will look amazing but they don't in the end.

There are double shot caps like the ones you're looking for but they won't stand up compared to GMK when it comes to quality or look.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline dwolvin

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 10:04:16 »
Fair enough- I was guessing about the doubleshot comment.  I do understand that there needs to be changes to make sure it looks good.

What I meant was seat like carbon, or Tai-Hao purple would look great with a backlight, the clear material could be tinted to match the original or left clear for an RGB stetup.
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 May 2017, 10:10:28 by dwolvin »