Author Topic: Top 1 usage of magnets for keyboard wrist rests (number 1 will SHOCK YOU!)  (Read 4400 times)

Offline tofgerl

No, but seriously. I found a tiny tweak for my wrist rest, and I'm kind of proud of how well it's worked, so I thought I'd share.

Basically, I glued two magnets to the back of my wrist rest, and then two other magnets to the front of all my keyboards.

Like thus: Wrist Rest "mod" by to***erl, on Flickr

No, obviously this didn't make the wrist rest attach very strongly to the keyboard, it's not like I can lift the keyboard and the wrist rest comes with it, but I now never have to adjust the wrist rest. Once I've put the wrist rest "on" the keyboard, even if I move the keyboard around, the wrist rest comes with.

Try counting the number of times you adjust the wrist rest every day - you won't be able to, because you do it automatically. Still, it annoyed me, so I thought of a fix. Yes, I am an engineer, why do you ask...?

Next in my adventure of mangets, I've asked Trayke in the Sunken Mahogany Wrist Rest thread to make tiny holes for the magnets in my next wrist rest, so they'll be invisible in use, and the rest will be flush with the keyboard.
Computer engineer, I make software... Why are you asking me these questions...?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Hahahahaha...

do your wrist rests move much?  I thought they had the rubber feet on the bottom.

Offline tofgerl

Not when typing, but when I move things around on the desk, or use the mouse for a while. They have rubber feet, but the wrist rest just isn't that heavy, so it does move around.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Not when typing, but when I move things around on the desk, or use the mouse for a while. They have rubber feet, but the wrist rest just isn't that heavy, so it does move around.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

hrrrmm magnets are definitely cheaper than adding plates to the wrist rest..

Good move