Author Topic: A question on deskmats as part of group buys  (Read 2763 times)

Offline directheatedtriode

A question on deskmats as part of group buys
« on: Sun, 13 October 2019, 14:46:16 »
How are these for gaming? I have been out of PC gaming for about 10 years due to school/residency/fellowship but will be about to start a career with a nice cush lifestyle so I really want to get back into it. I was particularly fond of FPS back in the day. Fond memories of my high school friend and I tying up our parents' landline playing CS 1.4 and 1.5  :p

Back then all the rage was very slippery mouse pads like uh... RatPadz and another brand I am forgetting the name of. I spoke to a friend that plays CS GO and he tells me you want cloth which is what these group buy deskmats are and some of them have some nice designs! So I figured I would ask to the community to see what they thought.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: A question on deskmats as part of group buys
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 13 October 2019, 14:56:16 »
Logitech says BLACK uniform surface is best. 

That's all you need to know to FRAG HARDER.. 

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 13 October 2019, 14:58:47 »
all black will theoretically track better but you can use a deskmat just fine, they're basically just really big mousepad as far as surface is concerned.
I love Elzy

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 14:10:20 »
How are these for gaming? I have been out of PC gaming for about 10 years due to school/residency/fellowship but will be about to start a career with a nice cush lifestyle so I really want to get back into it. I was particularly fond of FPS back in the day. Fond memories of my high school friend and I tying up our parents' landline playing CS 1.4 and 1.5  :p

Back then all the rage was very slippery mouse pads like uh... RatPadz and another brand I am forgetting the name of. I spoke to a friend that plays CS GO and he tells me you want cloth which is what these group buy deskmats are and some of them have some nice designs! So I figured I would ask to the community to see what they thought.

These are most likely not for gaming, but make your desk look cool.

My 5 buck mousepad works like a charm and combined with the aim of g203 beats all other players in the field.