Author Topic: GTA V GH thread - let's murder together!  (Read 20552 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: GTA V GH thread - let's murder together!
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 14:07:14 »
So far it performs not bad at all, I am playing with an i7-2600K and an AMD 6950 with 2GB of video RAM. I thought of getting a GTX 970, but I rather spend the money on caps&boards :)

pssssshh... again.. 6950, not a real graphics card...

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #101 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 15:31:36 »
Been hard at work tracking down all the Leonora Johnson murderer letters and peyote plants, no time for multiplayer till I'm done :P

There's no way I'm going that far! I've finished the singleplayer finally, now it's time to shoot people with friends :)
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #102 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 16:11:55 »
Ended up in a session with a hacker last night, as well as Karura.  Got sprayed by money bags, and ended up with 600K.  There were some guys saying they got 10+mil.  Fun times.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #103 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 19:27:12 »
Ended up in a session with a hacker last night, as well as Karura.  Got sprayed by money bags, and ended up with 600K.  There were some guys saying they got 10+mil.  Fun times.

Damn, that was quick. I heard RS really did a lot to beef up their security and DRM which is why it was delayed in the first place. Wonder how quick they'll patch that up (anyone remember the invincible Wizard glitch in D3?)

In the mean time, I'm gonna try and find me a hckr in mp ;)

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #104 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 19:29:39 »

Damn, that was quick. I heard RS really did a lot to beef up their security and DRM which is why it was delayed in the first place. Wonder how quick they'll patch that up (anyone remember the invincible Wizard glitch in D3?)

They rolled out a patch today, that broke the way they were hacking it.  They have also been handing out temp bans for some people as well.  I imagine they will have a work around soon though.  I really hope they don't get rid of all mods though, that is what makes these games fun.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #105 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 19:34:30 »

They rolled out a patch today, that broke the way they were hacking it.  They have also been handing out temp bans for some people as well.  I imagine they will have a work around soon though.  I really hope they don't get rid of all mods though, that is what makes these games fun.

Oh hell yeah, mods are the number one reason a lot of people waited for the PC version in the first place. Hoping they open a GTA V Steam Workshop soon, I miss my Yoshicycle.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #106 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 19:40:27 »
I have a 7950 and a 3570k...not running as well as i'd like..put most things on normal and it's kinda choppy at times...oh well :| maybe i should update my drivers or something

add me as 'dubsgalore' on steam and on rockstars thing

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #107 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 04:59:53 »
Dude, today I realized if you don't play as a character in story mode for a long time thrie hair grows out and they get beard stubble. Details like that keep surprising me.

Now if only they would stay in the outfits I put them in. Sick of dropping $10k on swag duds only to switch characters and they're wearing sweatpants and ****ty sneakers.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #108 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 07:12:23 »
Dude, today I realized if you don't play as a character in story mode for a long time thrie hair grows out and they get beard stubble. Details like that keep surprising me.

Now if only they would stay in the outfits I put them in. Sick of dropping $10k on swag duds only to switch characters and they're wearing sweatpants and ****ty sneakers.

The most annoying thing I find is when I switch to Trevor and he's half-naked on top of a mountain in the middle of butt-**** nowhere. I just wanted to do another rampage and end up in the North-East corner of the map...

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #109 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 07:52:09 »
Or trying to get the 10 day consecutive Kiflam robe mission done. ****'s impossible if you're actually playing the game, probably gonna just wind up sleeping for 10 days straight  :-\

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #110 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 07:54:36 »
Or trying to get the 10 day consecutive Kiflam robe mission done. ****'s impossible if you're actually playing the game, probably gonna just wind up sleeping for 10 days straight  :-\

The what? Some of these achievements are ridiculous...

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #111 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 07:57:30 »

The most annoying thing I find is when I switch to Trevor and he's half-naked on top of a mountain in the middle of butt-**** nowhere. I just wanted to do another rampage and end up in the North-East corner of the map...

hahaha idk I think that **** is awesome

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #112 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 09:45:37 »

I just end up either jumping off the mountain and die or switching back to someone else. Mainly jumping off a mountain.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #113 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 09:52:28 »

I just end up either jumping off the mountain and die or switching back to someone else. Mainly jumping off a mountain.

I really enjoyed GTA5 and the random **** like that that would happen. But I still think it was too short, as someone who finished GTA4 3 times...

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #114 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 13:14:59 »

I really enjoyed GTA5 and the random **** like that that would happen. But I still think it was too short, as someone who finished GTA4 3 times...

I agree, I think that there could have definitely been more single-player heists.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #115 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 14:25:03 »
Yeah idk it felt like they ended it half way through the story and the ending was rushed.
With how gta4 wrapped up, the ending to 5 was a bit disappointing, they all just kinda walk away... But the story telling was much much better so you'know

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #116 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 16:44:38 »

Ohhh, did you miss out on that story line? There are some solid missions (especially at the end) for the Epsilon  Group(ie- the cult.) They start when you make you take the online test and donate $5k to them. Once you get Michael wearing the robes you'll hear some of the funniest dialogue as Michael contemplates how many planes of existence he is on at the moment and has conversations with trees. Plus everyone greets you with "Kifflom!" and Trevor makes some funny comments about him being in a cult during missions. :))

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #117 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 16:52:11 »

Ohhh, did you miss out on that story line? There are some solid missions (especially at the end) for the Epsilon  Group(ie- the cult.) They start when you make you take the online test and donate $5k to them. Once you get Michael wearing the robes you'll hear some of the funniest dialogue as Michael contemplates how many planes of existence he is on at the moment and has conversations with trees. Plus everyone greets you with "Kifflom!" and Trevor makes some funny comments about him being in a cult during missions. :))

Ahhhhh, I met the guy in the expensive area of LS, went on the website but even after completing the final mission I didn't fancy spending $25K on a set of robes...

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #118 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 22:59:52 »

Offline kaminbobby

• -_^
« Reply #119 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 00:27:25 »
Just finished the story, had a blast! trevor 4 president
-_^

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #120 on: Sun, 24 May 2015, 20:09:42 »
Feels good man  :cool:

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #121 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 13:12:35 »
Show Image

Guh I need to do that. I've only done 2 of the assassination missions so far. Which guide did you use?

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #122 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 13:13:46 »
If only they would fix the online market. 

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #123 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 14:29:07 »
Show Image

Guh I need to do that. I've only done 2 of the assassination missions so far. Which guide did you use?

I used this one: http://www.usgamer.net/articles/-how-to-make-the-most-out-of-gta-5s-stock-market

but someone told me on the GTA V subreddit that it's actually possible to clear over $2 billion if you things absolutely perfectly, which means if you've done any of the assassinations or strangers and freaks that affect the market you've already screwed yourself. I followed that guide to the tee and started the 2nd assassination after I cleared story mode.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #124 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 15:08:01 »
Show Image

I used this one: http://www.usgamer.net/articles/-how-to-make-the-most-out-of-gta-5s-stock-market

but someone told me on the GTA V subreddit that it's actually possible to clear over $2 billion if you things absolutely perfectly, which means if you've done any of the assassinations or strangers and freaks that affect the market you've already screwed yourself. I followed that guide to the tee and started the 2nd assassination after I cleared story mode.

I did all the stocks during the 1st assassination mission then left them till after the story finished because I had heard about it before. I think I'm up to like 400m on Franklin and about 200m on the other 2 after 3 total missions I think?