Author Topic: mAtrix resurrections  (Read 2400 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
mAtrix resurrections
« on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 18:35:02 »
Thoughts ?

plot too stale ?

could be better in a TV-series ?

280290-0

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
Re: mAtrix resurrections
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 19:35:22 »
Just watched it.
I wasn't too sure at first, still not sure how I feel about it. I think it was as good or better than 2 and 3 but I didn't enjoy them as much as the first. Don't get me wrong, it was quite enjoyable and it was nice to see Keanu/Neo and Moss/Trinity again.

A TV series? Hmmm..
Thinking about it, you may be on to something, it very well may have worked better as a series. the more I think about it, the more I like that idea.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 21:56:08 »
The first movie was a perfect movie™ that didn't need sequels. I therefore didn't care for them, but the third movie wrapped up everything stirred up in the second and served as the conclusion of a saga.

Whenever a sequel comes many years after the last, it always feels like a cheap cash-grab that is playing on nostalgia.
In this case, because the story also was already done, it needs to be more in a significant way than just "a good movie" or it will disrespect my memory of the old one(s). I'd need to hear that it is exceptional in some way for me to even acknowledge that it exists.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 22:28:03 »
The first movie was a perfect movie™ that didn't need sequels. I therefore didn't care for them, but the third movie wrapped up everything stirred up in the second and served as the conclusion of a saga.

Whenever a sequel comes many years after the last, it always feels like a cheap cash-grab that is playing on nostalgia.
In this case, because the story also was already done, it needs to be more in a significant way than just "a good movie" or it will disrespect my memory of the old one(s). I'd need to hear that it is exceptional in some way for me to even acknowledge that it exists.
Hollywood doesn't care about your feelings or nostalgia unfortunately.

It won't ruin it any more than 2 or 3 did and I'd rather see this than yet another f'ing comic book/super hero movie, much less Spiderman. Bleh. 
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 23 December 2021, 06:19:11 »
I plan on watching it this weekend as it got loaded up to my media server yesterday (decent 9-10GB file).   I'm excited since the 3rd did leave an opening to allow this 4th movie to barely fit in the series, if it was done right and if the writers paid attention to all the lore/theories that have been passed around over the past decade+.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 24 December 2021, 12:07:01 »
Some spiracy theories going on that the franchise is propped up by self-aware AI sentience already on the path of world domination.

Notice the very heavy  us AND them  mantra in the film plot.

Glory to Skynet.   Tp4 rdy2worship