Author Topic: This year may be biblical  (Read 88310 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: This year may be biblical
« Reply #350 on: Fri, 16 August 2024, 07:59:06 »

released from permafrost

Permafrost is possibly the thing I worry about the most.
How the hell or why did you become a DEMO-crat?” He asked.
“Long story, but it started with Nixon, then I was educated and know history as the Republicans are all about getting power to exploit it to their benefit, while Democratic politicians, for the most part, are for distributing things more equitably. I’ll finish with the overwhelming sociological and psychological evidence in studies that identify that conservatives see the world through inherent inequity where the elite or those who seek to be elite are superior to the commoners, and it is they who should lead. At the same time, liberals look at the world as inequality and seek to make the world more equitable, and that all should be represented. Ultimately, conservatives trust those in authority, while liberals inherently distrust those in authority to take advantage for themselves or their constituency.”
He looks up and says, “No one ever explained that to me, and then asks, “If **** Cheney thinks that Trump is that bad, then it's not about DEMO-crats vs Republicans, is it.”
I resume walking and then say, “Hey, you got it; it's the Democratic and old Republican parties versus Trumpism, which is American fascism aided by the Russians.”
- RWN 2024-09008

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #351 on: Sat, 17 August 2024, 07:24:50 »
Doomsday fish sighted, Southern California.

/dooooooooooooom.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #352 on: Sun, 18 August 2024, 07:56:15 »
This was during the 2016 El Nino,  much the same this year possibly.

Air temperatures around Mamirauá topped 40C for days and the absence of rain and clouds cooked Amazon waters in the sun. In Lake Tefé, a tributary of, and gateway to, the western Amazon .... Fleischmann .... measured water temperatures above 40C between 3ft and 6ft underwater.

Fleischmann was distraught. “Nobody ever saw anything like this before. I saw 70 river dolphin carcasses along the lake and one animal still agonising. It was about 4pm and very hot. I watched a dolphin swimming in circles, struggling to survive. It was horrible. We didn’t know what to do or how to help it.” Not only was it hot and dry, but more than 7,000 fires raged across Amazonas state.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/article/2024/aug/17/methane-climate-crisis-amazon-peat-permafrost-vegan-heat-pumps

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #353 on: Sun, 18 August 2024, 08:10:46 »

measured water temperatures above 40C between 3ft and 6ft underwater.

Holy ****! Having been swimming in rivers and lakes, I know that the water generally gets cooler when you go down a few feet.

“Long story, but it started with Nixon, then I was educated and know history as the Republicans are all about getting power to exploit it to their benefit, while Democratic politicians, for the most part, are for distributing things more equitably. I’ll finish with the overwhelming sociological and psychological evidence in studies that identify that conservatives see the world through inherent inequity where the elite or those who seek to be elite are superior to the commoners, and it is they who should lead. At the same time, liberals look at the world as inequality and seek to make the world more equitable, and that all should be represented. Ultimately, conservatives trust those in authority, while liberals inherently distrust those in authority to take advantage for themselves or their constituency.”
He looks up and says, “No one ever explained that to me, and then asks, “If **** Cheney thinks that Trump is that bad, then it's not about DEMO-crats vs Republicans, is it.”
I resume walking and then say, “Hey, you got it; it's the Democratic and old Republican parties versus Trumpism, which is American fascism aided by the Russians.”
- RWN 2024-09008

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #354 on: Sun, 18 August 2024, 08:14:55 »
Holy ****! Having been swimming in rivers and lakes, I know that the water generally gets cooler when you go down a few feet.

Everyone needs to m0ar-veggies fohat, there's no other option.

We essentially need everyone to 99.99% veggie to turn this climate change around.

90% of Amazon rainforest deforestation is due to the demand for grazing BEEF cattle. Brazil is a vassal state, they have no political or economic will of their own, this situation is almost entirely Our-fault ('murica).

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #355 on: Sun, 18 August 2024, 08:37:36 »
Don't listen to Tp4 say it, fine

Here's a famous white guy saying it.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #356 on: Mon, 19 August 2024, 12:27:45 »
Tp4 can't afford beach front property.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #357 on: Mon, 19 August 2024, 15:39:40 »

Tp4 can't afford beach front property.

Wait a few years, you may get some.
- RWN 2024-09008

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #358 on: Thu, 22 August 2024, 21:32:40 »

Had a conversation today, with an ignorant person, which is just about 99% of persons.

Tried to tell him about the ICE MELTING.

Putting it most simply, the Ice takes millions of years to make.  If we lose all of it, we would almost double the heating on the planet, as the blacker ocean increases the heat absorbed, while the missing ice no longer reflecting radiant energy back into space.

<This is a planetary boundary> What does that mean, it means if we cross a threshold, we can not go back. Nature just has to hit the reset button, kill everything, and start over.

His argument literally was, well we have refrigerators, the government can easily turn this around by investing in the technology to transport heat away from the arctic.

He's not a dumb person per se, but there are such MAJOR gaps in people's knowledge, that there is no point of DEMOCRACY, in fact, depending on timing, democracy could well be the most dangerous thing..

If you were trying to save the planet right now.  You'd really just have to kill your way to the top of this Idiotic Heap, then turn this around via Incredible violence.   This must be done, because there's no time, and no alternative.

Tp4 can only watch the world burn, because he's got neither power nor annex to power.  He's got some annex to money, but that's useless, because capitalism is good for nothing but burning. Every modern economic machinery is designed to burn or kill something, this includes ALL of clean energy.

For reference, the most efficient electric heat pump system we produce is only 3:1 , use 1 watt to Move 3 watt of heat.  It doesn't move it into SPACE,  only somewhere ON EARTH.   So even if we had a heat pump big enough, turning it on would instantly kill us.    It'd be like lighting another fire in the burning house we're already stuck in.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #359 on: Fri, 23 August 2024, 08:17:03 »

the missing ice no longer reflecting radiant energy

At least the arctic and antarctic regions are where the least direct sunlight reaches in.
- RWN 2024-09008

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #360 on: Fri, 23 August 2024, 13:15:20 »
People tour the ice sheet melting. And you see this guy go, yeaaaahh, when a big piece of ice breaks off.

Stupid stupid humans.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #361 on: Fri, 23 August 2024, 13:33:43 »
Clade 1-b  Mpox.  10% fatality.  Ongoing outbreak in Africa. WHO has declared global emergency, which is the HIGHEST level of alarm in international health law.

Sweden and Thailand has reported their 1st cases of Clade 1.   Current estimates show only 1% fatality rate, but that's pretty bad already.

Previous US infection was the less deadly Clade 2, 0.2% fatality.

Don't touch anything. Go to costco, GO HOME.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #362 on: Mon, 26 August 2024, 08:23:33 »
KP.3.1.1 Covid surging across America,  Don't get complacent people.

Stop going outside so much.  Everything fun is computer.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #363 on: Sun, 01 September 2024, 19:41:05 »
Eastern equine encephalitis,  or EEE.  Spread by mosquitoes. Some states recommending curfew.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
- RWN 2024-09008

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #365 on: Fri, 13 September 2024, 21:23:08 »
Liquified natural gas (LNG) is At least as bad as coal, Likely worse.  Cornell study.

Reason:  Methane Leak across the entire process stack.

Yay Fracking... !! Woooooo !!

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
- RWN 2024-09008

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #368 on: Wed, 18 September 2024, 17:01:39 »
Yep. Pagers yesterday, today walkie-talkies. Impressive!
Tomorrow... airpods?
I would do toilet sits.

9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Drop CSTM80 | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #369 on: Wed, 18 September 2024, 17:06:27 »
Sigh.. Israel wants to find out the hard way, how it only took ~30 people do a 9.11 against the United States, the most powerful country on the planet.

I just hope they don't drag us into this further.  Which harris and trump both seem intent on doing. 

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #370 on: Wed, 18 September 2024, 17:19:46 »
Currently don't have a jacket for this Winter due to slipping on ice last year and ripping it. Either need to repair my old one, or steal one off a bum, cause I have a feeling this is gonna be a frigid Winter.

Anyone know where to take a ripped leather jacket to be fixed? I tried a dry cleaners, but they said they don't work with leather.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #371 on: Wed, 18 September 2024, 17:36:33 »
Tp4 recommends Duct-Tape.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #372 on: Wed, 18 September 2024, 17:56:11 »

where to take a ripped leather jacket to be fixed?

Maybe a shoe repair place?
- RWN 2024-09008

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #373 on: Thu, 19 September 2024, 08:34:33 »
Currently don't have a jacket for this Winter due to slipping on ice last year and ripping it. Either need to repair my old one, or steal one off a bum, cause I have a feeling this is gonna be a frigid Winter.

Anyone know where to take a ripped leather jacket to be fixed? I tried a dry cleaners, but they said they don't work with leather.

Shoe repair places do leather in any form, I used to take purses and jackets for fix there.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Drop CSTM80 | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::