Author Topic: How do i play my new game that i've bought?  (Read 4366 times)

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
How do i play my new game that i've bought?
« on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 16:10:55 »
Does anyone know how to play Jurassic park for the Snes?
Anyone own this game?
I'm just trying it out right now and i can see why it's 13 bucks.
Sprites are beautiful and pushes the hardware of the system.
I don't know how to play this game right now.
All i know is that you use your laser to shoot dinosaurs.

Offline Carcharocles

• Location: In the lonely, desolate wasteland of South Kansas City
    • The Deathscape Mythos
Re: How do i play my new game that i've bought?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 16:48:32 »
Using your weapon to shoot dinosaurs is pretty much all there is to the outdoor part. Indoors you have to deal with security locks (it will tell you ACCESS DENIED: YOU NEED SO-AND-SO'S SECURITY CARD) and dark rooms (which are instant death without Night Vision Goggles.)

Now, the cattleprod attachment (the basic--it's electricity, not a laser) is the weakest weapon and should never be used on anything bigger than a Compy or Meganera. But, you can pick up exploding Bolos, Shotgun Shells and Rockets, all of which do heavy damage but are better against different enemies. These ammos have a cap, though, so be careful with them, because--especially indoors--you really can't afford to miss.

As for which buttons to push, I'm not sure. It's been ages since I last played the game (I had it in 1993, when I was 9). That said, you'll get your current mission at the various poles outside, which double as a save point of sorts. Sadly, it's not a true save point--if you run out of lives or end the game, you will have to start all over.

Also, Raptors can jump onto the roof of buildings from the ground below. You have been warned.

Some other advice: when you start out, head up through the gate. Going down puts you at risk of running into a pair of Raptors, who WILL kill you if you only have the base weapon. Also, save your tranqs for the T. rex. Rexy can't be killed, and she's a one-hit-kill for you. You can outrun her without tranqs, but it takes practice and a lot of luck. One deviation from a straight line and you'll end up dino food. You also can't kill Triceratops, nor can you outrun them. However, when they appear there will be a bit of an indention in the trees you can take shelter from. Finally, to beat the game, you need to collect all the eggs. Otherwise, it won't let you call back the ship.
T1000 , Firmware ver. Doge.

Most deadly of them all.
Keyboards: Drevo Gramr (Outemu Browns); Logitech K480

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 30 March 2019, 08:36:29 »
Using your weapon to shoot dinosaurs is pretty much all there is to the outdoor part. Indoors you have to deal with security locks (it will tell you ACCESS DENIED: YOU NEED SO-AND-SO'S SECURITY CARD) and dark rooms (which are instant death without Night Vision Goggles.)

Now, the cattleprod attachment (the basic--it's electricity, not a laser) is the weakest weapon and should never be used on anything bigger than a Compy or Meganera. But, you can pick up exploding Bolos, Shotgun Shells and Rockets, all of which do heavy damage but are better against different enemies. These ammos have a cap, though, so be careful with them, because--especially indoors--you really can't afford to miss.

As for which buttons to push, I'm not sure. It's been ages since I last played the game (I had it in 1993, when I was 9). That said, you'll get your current mission at the various poles outside, which double as a save point of sorts. Sadly, it's not a true save point--if you run out of lives or end the game, you will have to start all over.

Also, Raptors can jump onto the roof of buildings from the ground below. You have been warned.

Some other advice: when you start out, head up through the gate. Going down puts you at risk of running into a pair of Raptors, who WILL kill you if you only have the base weapon. Also, save your tranqs for the T. rex. Rexy can't be killed, and she's a one-hit-kill for you. You can outrun her without tranqs, but it takes practice and a lot of luck. One deviation from a straight line and you'll end up dino food. You also can't kill Triceratops, nor can you outrun them. However, when they appear there will be a bit of an indention in the trees you can take shelter from. Finally, to beat the game, you need to collect all the eggs. Otherwise, it won't let you call back the ship.
Ah, thank you :D

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 30 March 2019, 10:13:15 »
Aw dang.  I think that game was one of the many SNES/Genesis games that I read about when the games were still fresh.  Probably a top 10-25 game review series of some sort. 

I borrowed them from the library so I highly doubt it was a magazine series (one for each system).  Though it was several years before I had a chance to own either of the systems.  Good luck ;)

Offline Coreda

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 30 March 2019, 12:39:35 »
Woah, first reply happens to have surprisingly detailed overview. Who would have guessed.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 30 March 2019, 14:18:53 »
This thread is triggering one of them nostalgia collectors syndrome..

Are we all going to become SNES guys now ?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 30 March 2019, 14:24:38 »
This thread is triggering one of them nostalgia collectors syndrome..

Are we all going to become SNES guys now ?

implying that some of us ever stopped being SNES guys?

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 30 March 2019, 15:57:52 »
Am triggered greatly

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 30 March 2019, 18:56:41 »
Am triggered greatly

My leg is shaking.. I know where i've stored the SNES .. but don't know where the g4me carts are..

Offline Kavik

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 12:29:04 »
I had the Sega Genesis and its version of Jurassic Park, which is a side scroller. It's a decently challenging game, but it at least has passwords to continue later.

I was made aware of the SNES version only about 10 years ago when a friend broke it out and showed me how hard it is. It's weird that the two systems had entirely different games.

Check out the Genesis version if you can. "Jurassic Park Rampage Edition" for the Genesis is a more refined but much harder sequel; I was never able to beat more than one or two levels. I also enjoyed "The Lost Word" for the Genesis, but most people didn't seem to like it from what I can tell.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 15:12:08 »
remember this old meme?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 15:46:35 »
remember this old meme?

Show Image

Dis is how everyone feels @ wurk, uniform, indistinguishable, drinking away the pain ?