Author Topic: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.  (Read 387949 times)

Offline econeuler

Re: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.
« Reply #900 on: Sat, 26 September 2020, 04:15:32 »
Been meaning to watch Firefly, seems like a modern classic!

It's the greatest show EVER.

Let's say   Rickn'Morty is 1x.
Outlaw Star = 15x
C-Bebop = 17x
Startrek TNG = 20x
Firefly = 999^999x

Firefly's greatness was not at all intentional,  it just HAPPENED that way.  You could tell from the setup, the plot, the budget, if it were ANYONE ELSE besides that set of actors, the show would be ****..

I highly doubt it could be replicated without  God's ordained character chemistry.

That is great, now I have to watch it  :) Battlestar Galactica has been a previous favorite, so if it's as good or better I've found my new show! Thanks!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #901 on: Sat, 26 September 2020, 05:36:13 »
Just watched Underwater. I liked, nice horror/ci-fi.

Tp4 also watched Underwater, buhhh only cuz  Kristen Stewart.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #902 on: Sat, 26 September 2020, 09:02:20 »

Battlestar Galactica has been a previous favorite

No TV science fiction will ever have the lasting and cultural impact of Star Trek TOS, but the Battlestar Galactica reboot is certainly the best science fiction TV show ever.

It was huge, deep, well-developed, and had a long (arguably too long) story arc. Firefly, by comparison, was all-too-brief and quite intimate, so they are at extreme ends of the spectrum both conceptually and in execution.

Firefly was cut very abruptly and wrapped up much later but swiftly in a posthumous movie, while Battlestar went on seemingly forever with a constellation of spin-offs.

My complaint about Battlestar was that the plot and script quality fell off about halfway through the run, and I didn't like the conclusion, but it was inevitable that it stumbled at the finish line. It did conclude vastly better than the original, though.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #904 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 08:19:37 »
TB was weird
What the hell was that episode.. couldn't even describe it to a child because of how inappropriate it was

satisfied my need for violence

That last episode was awesome and hilarious (in certain scenes).  But now there is a new player loose in the show.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline econeuler

« Reply #905 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 12:35:03 »
No TV science fiction will ever have the lasting and cultural impact of Star Trek TOS

Would you still recommend it, or is it sort of not as 'good' any more?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #906 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 13:43:31 »

Star Trek - The Original Series

Oh certainly, in my opinion it has aged extraordinarily well.

But it is imperative that it be judged in perspective of its time and place, and recognize that it never took itself too seriously.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #907 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 14:41:35 »
No TV science fiction will ever have the lasting and cultural impact of Star Trek TOS

It's watchable given Context,   an old show, old format. It's very slow and the acting was very nonchalant. 

In general you have to have alot of patience to get through it if you're used to modern show pacing.

I don't consider it critical viewing for non-hardcore Trek fans.

TNG, DS9 are the 2 primary.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #908 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 15:58:43 »
The Next Generation was a lame Star Trek wannabe sequel.

They used 4 actors in an attempt to replace Spock (a first officer, a science officer, an "alien", and a mind-reader) and failed miserably.

Plus Picard was a total wimp in comparison to Kirk.

PS - and the holo-deck was hideous and useless new fabrication and idiotic distraction, in my opinion

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #909 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 22:14:50 »
Plus Picard was a total wimp in comparison to Kirk.
Sorry, no.
Kirk was not the strong man, he's the male idea of an alpha male, punch first, f*ck second. He's not a strong man he's a frat boy. Most of the officers on that ship were horrible, even if it did make for good TV. 

Remember it was a science mission, that meant first contact and diplomatic. What was Kirk diplomatic about,sharing his fist and his wang? TNG is far more realistic in how a ship would actually run during peacetime or during a science expedition.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline iri

« Reply #910 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 01:39:28 »
he's the male idea of an alpha male
There are gender specific ideas of an alpha male?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline econeuler

« Reply #911 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 02:41:56 »

Star Trek - The Original Series

Oh certainly, in my opinion it has aged extraordinarily well.

But it is imperative that it be judged in perspective of its time and place, and recognize that it never took itself too seriously.

I'll check it out then  :D

It's watchable given Context,   an old show, old format. It's very slow and the acting was very nonchalant. 

In general you have to have alot of patience to get through it if you're used to modern show pacing.

I don't consider it critical viewing for non-hardcore Trek fans.

TNG, DS9 are the 2 primary.

I see, that is kind of what I was expecting! But I will give it a go  :)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #912 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 08:13:34 »

even if it did make for good TV. 

But isn't this what it is really all about?

And never forget the context of all mid-1960s TV. This was the immediate successor to cowboys and Indians.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #913 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 17:21:38 »
Rewatching The League. It gets way funnier after s01, and it's fun to see where Nick Kroll and Jason Mantzoukas started in tv. I don't care anything about fantasy football, but the show's vibe reminds me a little of Always Sunny.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #914 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 19:28:44 »
Watched The Social Dilemma on Netflicks
If you haven't watch it, I'd highly suggest it, they really need to put this up for free for everyone to watch.

I try and keep up where this tech is going and even I was a bit shocked how far things have gone.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline econeuler

« Reply #915 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 03:51:45 »
Has anyone seen any good shows featuring programming/it/hacking/engineering?
I've seen Silicon valley and Mr Robot, would recommend both!

Watched The Social Dilemma on Netflicks
If you haven't watch it, I'd highly suggest it, they really need to put this up for free for everyone to watch.

I try and keep up where this tech is going and even I was a bit shocked how far things have gone.

Super interesting, hadn't heard about this one! It is indeed new times, will be interesting to see how the world develops!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #916 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 21:46:32 »
Did you know David Lynch has a YT channel where he gives daily weather reports, a positive message, and a lucky number? Guaranteed to improve your life or your money back.
https://www.youtube.com/c/DAVIDLYNCHTHEATER/featured

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #917 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 13:13:59 »
Twin Peaks for the first time. Just finished the second season. My god, that was probably the best television programming I've ever seen. It may be my favorite show.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #918 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 23:15:30 »
I'm enjoying this The Boys and Stranger Things crossover, 11 is a head exploding maniac :))

Twin Peaks for the first time. Just finished the second season. My god, that was probably the best television programming I've ever seen. It may be my favorite show.

the first season is so good, seen it through 4x but I have never once finished the second
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 October 2020, 23:17:27 by noisyturtle »

Offline aleck

« Reply #919 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 00:14:34 »
I've been watching The Mentallist with my dad lately at dinner time and I have to say it is fun enough, sadly it's all just random episodes thrown randomly at our old CRT.
I fricking hate Patrick sometimes though, he infuriates me so much when he gets all cocky.

Offline greys

« Reply #920 on: Mon, 19 October 2020, 13:06:07 »
Two Doors Down. Comedy set in Glasgow with a superb cast, hilarious in places. :D

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #921 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 01:26:20 »
Fargo S04

It's good don't get me wrong. Very character driven, the plot is fast.
The thing is it doesn't feel like Fargo. There's no crime, there's no detective, it doesn't take place in North Dakoda. It just feels like a completely different series at this point, it has essentially become Boardwalk Empire with snow.

I'm not a fan of this direction for the show, but it is not bad either. The first 2 seasons were still great.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #922 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 16:19:54 »
Borat.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #923 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 16:52:31 »
Watchn' dis' tv drama,   and they jus'killed the hottest character..

/Super mad right now..

This dude threw a bunch of knives at her.

254628-0

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #924 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 17:20:41 »
Bah..knew it,  the actress was killed off because she's too old.  29yrs old.  The two other main leads are only 22 / 24 ..

Film industry.. sigh....

Offline Kavik

« Reply #925 on: Sat, 31 October 2020, 11:05:35 »

It's a real shame it was canceled. I remember liking season 2 more than season 1 actually. I went to Twede's Diner and Snoqualmie Falls in 2012 after watching the show, which was neat. The coffee was not damn fine though; it was actually not great at all.

Did you know David Lynch has a YT channel where he gives daily weather reports, a positive message, and a lucky number? Guaranteed to improve your life or your money back.
https://www.youtube.com/c/DAVIDLYNCHTHEATER/featured

Wow, he's aged a bit! What an odd channel, but what has Lynch done that's not odd?
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #926 on: Sun, 01 November 2020, 23:40:12 »
Just finished The Comedy Store, a Showtime documentary about the comedy club in L.A. where pretty much everyone gets started in comedy.
It was really good, it covers quite a lot of the greats, Robin Williams, Sam Kinison, Richard Pryor, Dice.... 

I also was watching Veep, that was pretty good as well.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #927 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 02:00:11 »
Truth Seekers on Amazon. I actually kinda like it so far.

Amazon's been better than NF lately with their original content lately imo. Good with shows at any rate, they still don't quite seem to have the knack for movies yet. All their movies still feel like indie films.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #928 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 06:39:37 »

uhoh,  LLann's gonna go all political on us and try to take overs the Gekha

Offline yui

« Reply #929 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 07:15:37 »
Bah..knew it,  the actress was killed off because she's too old.  29yrs old.  The two other main leads are only 22 / 24 ..

Film industry.. sigh....

i am the only one who is mostly age agnostic? i often do have trouble giving an age, especially to women, between 20ish to 35ish looks the same age to me... pretty annoying, although some find it flattering :)
and is this thread only for films and series or high quality youtube stuff can go here too?
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #930 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 08:58:35 »

Film industry.. sigh....

i am the only one who is mostly age agnostic? i often do have trouble giving an age, especially to women, between 20ish to 35ish looks the same age to me... pretty annoying, although some find it flattering :)
and is this thread only for films and series or high quality youtube stuff can go here too?

visually we're mostly recognizing age by the wrinkles. So AFK , with cosmetics,  online/digital with Adob.

Offline yui

« Reply #931 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 09:11:33 »

visually we're mostly recognizing age by the wrinkles. So AFK , with cosmetics,  online/digital with Adob.

well i know that mostly on video/photo/film it is useless to even try to guess an age, i was talking IRL. although given your aversion for the outside, you may not be seeing too many peoples IRL :) i may need to take more attention to wrinkles, so to be sure not to date a 40 years old by mistake :)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #932 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 09:21:55 »
well i know that mostly on video/photo/film it is useless to even try to guess an age, i was talking IRL. although given your aversion for the outside, you may not be seeing too many peoples IRL :) i may need to take more attention to wrinkles, so to be sure not to date a 40 years old by mistake :)

LOLOL. I don't think there are that many 40yr old women still dating. By that point, they'd have just picked a lane and rolled it.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #933 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 22:11:22 »

uhoh,  LLann's gonna go all political on us and try to take overs the Gekha

Politics is like sex and religion, only to be discussed among consenting adults in small groups.

LOLOL. I don't think there are that many 40yr old women still dating. By that point, they'd have just picked a lane and rolled it.
If you truly believe that, NEVER go work at a retirement home.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline yui

« Reply #934 on: Tue, 03 November 2020, 01:01:18 »
Retirement homes are a special case though, widows are back in the dating pool not from their own volition. but at work i had 3 40+ years old try to hit on me sooo, they exist yeah, and being 25 i politely declined, not that i would only date my age but a 15 years gap may be a bit large, 5 years older seems like the sweet spot (maybe a bit TMI, sorry)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #935 on: Tue, 03 November 2020, 07:14:31 »
Retirement homes are a special case though, widows are back in the dating pool not from their own volition. but at work i had 3 40+ years old try to hit on me sooo, they exist yeah, and being 25 i politely declined, not that i would only date my age but a 15 years gap may be a bit large, 5 years older seems like the sweet spot (maybe a bit TMI, sorry)

Are you sure they were single, could have husbands with affairs, and you're the revenge token.

Some females also have this outward persona which is like that  ONLY to the extent to get stuff from you like, m0ar labor.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #936 on: Tue, 03 November 2020, 07:14:46 »
As you get older, the age gap becomes less and less of an issue.

10 years at 50 is not the same at 10 years at 20.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #937 on: Tue, 03 November 2020, 21:49:31 »
The Eric Andre Show s05 - Still the best damn talk show on television. There's not one single episode of TEAS that doesn't get a legit uncontrollable laugh from me, even after repeted viewings. It's the type of show for me that I can watch an infinite number of times and never get tired of. There's very few shows like that for me. Breaking Bad and Wildboyz are the only other two I can think of off the top of my head.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #938 on: Wed, 04 November 2020, 03:05:12 »
As you get older, the age gap becomes less and less of an issue.

10 years at 50 is not the same at 10 years at 20.

Yep, when getting older, time flies.. and its not because you're having fun ;)

I'm watching Frasier.

9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline rozilla

« Reply #939 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 17:42:45 »
just finished the last season of Mr Robot and now I don't know what to do. anyone know some similar series?
currently waiting patiently for this lovely gaming smartphone

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #940 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 18:56:33 »
Mandalorian s02 first episode was really fun. TONS of long-awaited fanservice. Finally making Krait Dragons visual cannon(although I prefer the plesiosaur look over the snake one) they even had a pearl at the end. Without spoilers we see the 'return' of a huge fan fav character, and they use their weapon in a manner that would please long-time fans as well. Lots of things being made cannon and coming to fruition here, deep lore stuff, sandwiched in a nicely contained episode. I much prefer the short story format over the one-long-season format.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #941 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 22:03:03 »
Mandalorian s02 first episode was really fun. TONS of long-awaited fanservice. Finally making Krait Dragons visual cannon(although I prefer the plesiosaur look over the snake one) they even had a pearl at the end. Without spoilers we see the 'return' of a huge fan fav character, and they use their weapon in a manner that would please long-time fans as well. Lots of things being made cannon and coming to fruition here, deep lore stuff, sandwiched in a nicely contained episode. I much prefer the short story format over the one-long-season format.

It's kinda uncomfy watching it with people who don't know a lot about star wars because then they'll be like "wUt is tHiS" and "WuT Is ThAt" and i have to explain it in simple terms. They prob don't know what that weapon is that mel was holding in the season finale.... smh

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #942 on: Sat, 07 November 2020, 21:25:29 »
Ahh man Mando s02e02 was even better! I love this show. Test of time classic series so far imo, they could always GOT it though. s01e04 was the weakest episode in the series so far and it's still good. Everything cinematic Star Wars should be but isn't.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #943 on: Sun, 08 November 2020, 07:56:00 »
Dat n00 game of tronz 4k iz ~2TBs.. if u think about it though, pretty gud deal for $200

Offline Kavik

« Reply #944 on: Sun, 08 November 2020, 18:37:54 »
I started watching Centennial (1978). It's pretty decent so far (I'm only half way through the first 2 hr 40 min episode!), but, like most series of that era, it's a bit slow. Historical fiction is a bit weird though because I have to remind myself that none of it is true as I'm watching it.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #945 on: Fri, 20 November 2020, 06:49:44 »
Me watched law and order svu

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #946 on: Fri, 20 November 2020, 10:30:11 »
I've been watching so much television in the last 6 months I'm down to the stuff I know is probably good but that I found rather slow and unappealing.

The Leftovers
Watchmen
Fargo Season 3

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #947 on: Fri, 20 November 2020, 10:36:38 »
Family got me to start watching Schitt$ Creek, and so far I'm not disappointed.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline iri

« Reply #948 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 08:47:09 »
Dark, 7/10

Schitt's Creek, 2/10
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #949 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 00:28:38 »
Weirdly watch two movies I knew nothing about going in that had extremely similar themes. Astroboy and Battle Angel Alita.

The animation in Astroboy was amazing sadly it came out when Up did, but for 2009 it looks really really good. Still holds up.

Battle Angel was better than I thought it would be, idk why 9/10 people are missing limbs though. Alita was super cute. It packed a lot into the script without feeling rushed, they probably revised that storyboard 10000x It wasn't amazing but it was good for what it was, I'd like to see more from that world.

rewatched Upgrade. Still rad/
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 December 2020, 02:53:04 by noisyturtle »