Author Topic: America, PlantBased Overnight ?? [txt wall]  (Read 4493 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
America, PlantBased Overnight ?? [txt wall]
« on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 12:27:39 »
Here's what's happening.

We have the meat slaughterhouses all over closing due to infection.

These places won't be opened for a while, because of how close people have to work next to each other in the line. almost elbow to elbow.

Remember the Covid situation is going to be anywhere between 6 months to 2 years.

Soon, they have to ramp down.

In the meantime, WITHOUT the slaughterhouse, all the livestock still has to eat, potentially for 1-2 years.   1 to 2 years worth of feed for stock that's not making ANY money. Odds are they're just going to cull.

What does that mean, basically if you've got soybeans you can't sell, you just plow it back into the field.  That's what's going to happen to all the Livestock that can't be sold, because FEEDING them is profitless and cash-intensive when there is NO-Cashflow, and it's going to take a VERY long time before they can re-ramp.

It takes a long time to Reboot slaughterhouses. Not to mention, people don't really like working there because of the disgusting sanitation problem. 

The other half of this is, WHY BOTHER.  Humans don't need to eat animals. All proteins are produced by plants, ALL OF THEM, every single essential Amino Acid, google it.. The animal is just a middle-men. 

For true carnivores meat is necessary,  but NOT for humans, humans are Herbivores by biology, "Omnivores" by the use of Intellect, Fire/Cooking/Weapons/Agriculture.

Ramping up would only BRING BACK the root cause of the pandemics in the first place. Animal Agriculture. 

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
Re: America, PlantBased Overnight ?? [txt wall]
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 12:59:51 »
As I see it, it looks like I'll be hunting more to collect tasty meat (we use venison alot).  I do my best to buy local meats so as to not give the large corps my money.  Also I do love some fish (still counted as a meat).  I consider my self an omnivore - look at the human dental structure and our organ base. (Not disagreeing w/ you either) 
Changes definitely need to be made, I just wont go w/ out the flavor of meats (and reproducing that flavor is just pumping more chemicals into a synthetic replica). 

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 13:14:42 »
As I see it, it looks like I'll be hunting more to collect tasty meat (we use venison alot).  I do my best to buy local meats so as to not give the large corps my money.  Also I do love some fish (still counted as a meat).  I consider my self an omnivore - look at the human dental structure and our organ base. (Not disagreeing w/ you either) 
Changes definitely need to be made, I just wont go w/ out the flavor of meats (and reproducing that flavor is just pumping more chemicals into a synthetic replica). 

Tp4 HIGHLY recommends Darthbaggins does not eat wild-game. There was a major outbreak of Chronic wasting disease  ONGOING.

It's similar to Mad-Cow, a prion-disease, NOT destroyed by Cooking.

The media has stayed silent on it, but it's been a major problem, MANY infected each year. NO CURE.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 13:25:35 »

Agreed. I haven't had any fake meat that tasted like meat to begin with, regardless of whatever's in it. This may be entirely anecdotal, but I know that a lot of vegans and vegetarians have a very hard time meeting all of their essential dietary needs, and are actually relieved, with improved health, to finally give up on the prospect. I haven't done a ton of research into that as far as what XYZ things they could/should have done to prevent this, but it does seem it is a lot harder than just having a plate with both meat and some veggies on it.

Then there's the fact that hunting controls wild populations so that they don't grow entirely out of control and become road hazards, start encroaching into cities to scavenge, and/or start destroying ecosystems and food chains.

I don't think that meat will ever be entirely off of the table, apocalypse or not.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 13:27:46 »
Well last i checked fish are still wild game too, and they're tasty as well. 

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 13:38:21 »

Any fish humans would eat (typically large), are highly polluted with PCBs/ Dioxins and Mercury.

In fact, the Current Inuit population up north which eat alot of sea-meats, are so polluted, the women there can not breast feed their babies, because their milk is Toxic.

This is the same case for Dolphins. PCBs/Dioxins can only leave a mammilian body through breast milk.  What has happened is 70% of female Dolphin's FIRST born will DIE, due to the buildup of these chemicals in that Adult dolphins maturity. This is true of distant Dolphin populations all around the globe.

They did a study on high functioning, high income subjects regarding fish consumption,  There was a measurable decline in cognitive faculties within weeks of increased tuna consumption.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 13:42:04 »

Any fish humans would eat (typically large), are highly polluted with PCBs/ Dioxins and Mercury.

In fact, the Current Inuit population up north which eat alot of sea-meats, are so polluted, the women there can not breast feed their babies, because their milk is Toxic.

This is the same case for Dolphins. PCBs/Dioxins can only leave a mammilian body through breast milk.  What has happened is 70% of female Dolphin's FIRST born will DIE, due to the buildup of these chemicals in that Adult dolphins maturity. This is true of distant Dolphin populations all around the globe.

They did a study on high functioning, high income subjects regarding fish consumption,  There was a measurable decline in cognitive faculties within weeks of increased tuna consumption.

That's a shame.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 13:42:48 »
Good thing I don't eat alot of Tuna ;)  lol But I get what you're saying.  In a way no matter what you eat there is a risk involved whether or not your body will accept it, people choke on food no matter if it's meat or veggie based.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 13:43:48 »

That's a shame.

Check out the Documentary <The Game Changers (2018)> Maledicted,  Humans operate at PEAK Athletic performance on a Plant Based Diet.

It is not true that eating plant based is expensive, difficult, or unhealthy.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 13:45:33 »
Good thing I don't eat alot of Tuna ;)  lol But I get what you're saying.  In a way no matter what you eat there is a risk involved whether or not your body will accept it, people choke on food no matter if it's meat or veggie based.

The MAJORITY of cases of Choking involve pieces of Meat, Not vegetables.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 13:48:59 »
But veggies are still involved majority or not, lol.   

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 14:04:06 »
But veggies are still involved majority or not, lol.   

To a significantly lower extent.

If you look at the way REAL-carnivores eat, they do not chew, they actually can't chew, their jaws do not move side to side like Herbivores (humans). Real-carnivores tear off chunks and swallow.

Humans often choke on meat, because it does not always break when chewed, unlike plants which will mush-apart. Meat often ends up in rather congealed pieces even after chewing. We don't even have the right mouths to ingest meat. That's how much we're not supposed to eat meat. There is a mechanical incompatibility, that's why we CHOKE.

241876-0

Offline pciuniek

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 14:53:27 »

Agreed. I haven't had any fake meat that tasted like meat to begin with, regardless of whatever's in it. This may be entirely anecdotal, but I know that a lot of vegans and vegetarians have a very hard time meeting all of their essential dietary needs, and are actually relieved, with improved health, to finally give up on the prospect. I haven't done a ton of research into that as far as what XYZ things they could/should have done to prevent this, but it does seem it is a lot harder than just having a plate with both meat and some veggies on it.

Then there's the fact that hunting controls wild populations so that they don't grow entirely out of control and become road hazards, start encroaching into cities to scavenge, and/or start destroying ecosystems and food chains.

I don't think that meat will ever be entirely off of the table, apocalypse or not.

I went from omnivore -> pescetarian -> vegan.

I'm vegan and have all of my dietary requirements met (other than my anemia, but I've always had that even when I was consuming steaks and chicken liver lmao). The animals that an omnivore consumes are vaccinated with a host of vaccines including B12 which is why omnivores do not need to take this as a supplement. Non-vegans and non-vegetarians are not immune to B12 deficiency though (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1889479). Vegans on the other hand, have to take a B12 supplement (tbh, not a big deal for me, the ones I take taste like candy!).

As a competitive athlete, I find myself needing less recovery time between intense 3-hour workouts as a vegan compared to when I was eating meat.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 15:08:49 »
I can say I get alot of my B based vitamins and some other supplements in GFuel from Gamma Labs - I've been working on pulling myself from drinking alot of sodas and Monster/Redbulls.  Also I'm thinking of starting to pull alot of gluten based products out of my diet and see what happens as I have noticed over time I feel "bloated" after eating certain products.

Offline pciuniek

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 15:15:46 »
I can say I get alot of my B based vitamins and some other supplements in GFuel from Gamma Labs - I've been working on pulling myself from drinking alot of sodas and Monster/Redbulls.  Also I'm thinking of starting to pull alot of gluten based products out of my diet and see what happens as I have noticed over time I feel "bloated" after eating certain products.

Interesting! Are you keeping a food log? I do this about once a year to see what foods affect my athletic performance.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 16:57:58 »
I'll cook my own cat before I eat a damn sprout! THIS IS 'MURICA!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 17:51:51 »

The most commonly deficient B vitamin for humans is B12.

B12 is made by Soil-Bacteria, it is not made by cows, or chicken, or pork.

A normal cow which eats grass would get some on the dirt.

A human eating in the wild would be exposed in the same way.

The reason Humans lack B-12 today , is the same reason LIVESTOCK has to be supplemented with B-12.

The majority of confined livestock are not eating dirt or running playing outside, They're confined and fed corn and soybean.  If they were not supplemented B12, their meat would contain 0-  B12.

Humans also don't play outside much, or eat things off the ground.  We also neglect to fertilize and replace the Cobalt in our soils. So we've both cleaned away through impeccably clean water removed B12 from the vegetables we DO EAT,  and we've reduced any available B12 by not taking care of Soil .

B12 supplementation is recommended for EVERYONE , regardless of plant based or omni diet.  B12 deficiency is very common for Everyone, not just Plant based.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 18:46:44 »

The majority of confined livestock are not eating dirt or running playing outside, They're confined and fed corn and soybean.  If they were not supplemented B12, their meat would contain 0-  B12.

Confined cows? Never seen/heard of such a thing. Take a drive in rural Wisconsin, you're going to see a lot of cows hanging out in vast fields of grass everywhere you go. You'll smell their **** being used as fertilizer too.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 18:56:27 »

in rural Wisconsin, you're going to see a lot of cows hanging out in vast fields of grass everywhere you go. You'll smell their **** being used as fertilizer too.

To be fair, they are raised for milk rather than meat, so the entire operation has a different focus.

Livestock grown to be slaughtered at the earliest opportunity for its meat is the real problem.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 19:07:51 »
Vegetables are not worth eating. I'll be sticking to meat. I'm pretty sure it'll stay available for a while.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 19:22:20 »

in rural Wisconsin, you're going to see a lot of cows hanging out in vast fields of grass everywhere you go. You'll smell their **** being used as fertilizer too.

To be fair, they are raised for milk rather than meat, so the entire operation has a different focus.

Livestock grown to be slaughtered at the earliest opportunity for its meat is the real problem.

I think we've got a bit of both on our farms, but I'm no farmer. Wisconsin, in general, never seems to fit the mold. People talk about deforestation, destruction of habitats, the expansion of the concrete jungle, etc. In our city of 30,000 I can climb 3 stories up and look out the window and wonder where in the heck the city is, because there are trees as far as the eye can see. Every yard usually has at least 3-5+ of them. Even then, our city is an island, in a sea of trees for miles. I see deer (in the city) almost every single day. We've got sprawling city, state, and federal parks all over. I always like to think of our state as one giant forest, with some cities sprinkled throughout it. Milwaukee and Fond Du Lac, maybe Madison, are holes, but they account for an extremely small portion of the landscape. We've got plenty of logging, but we'll never run out of trees.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 19:32:34 »
Didn't read, off to eat some pig ass.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 20:00:20 »
Confined cows? Never seen/heard of such a thing. Take a drive in rural Wisconsin, you're going to see a lot of cows hanging out in vast fields of grass everywhere you go. You'll smell their **** being used as fertilizer too.

The majority of cows DO NOT GRAZE. each cow needs a HUGE patch just for himself. You see cows out there, but they're just hanging out before they have to go into a feeder for their soybeans and corn.   It's inefficient and slow growth to feed them grass.

They do not get enough B12, that's why it's part of their feed.

Anyone who claims meat gives them B12, while true, is actually just getting second hand supplements. AND EVEN IN THESE CASES, they are often low in B12.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #23 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 22:06:07 »

The majority of cows DO NOT GRAZE. each cow needs a HUGE patch just for himself. You see cows out there, but they're just hanging out before they have to go into a feeder for their soybeans and corn.   It's inefficient and slow growth to feed them grass.

They do not get enough B12, that's why it's part of their feed.

Anyone who claims meat gives them B12, while true, is actually just getting second hand supplements. AND EVEN IN THESE CASES, they are often low in B12.

I do see them just hanging out, I do also see them eating often as well. I'm not sure how many would or would not necessarily be associated with this: Wisconsin Grass-fed Beef Cooperative

Farmers have a lot of land here. There is a place in town here that was once a single field, farmers often have multiple large plots. I remember when it was all corn. Today it is an entire subdivision.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 23:27:09 »
There's an entire growing market for ethically raised free roam natural fed meat. Some restaurants even have little bios of the meat you are eating so you know almost every little detail of how the animal lived it's life. Same thing if you get Culatello ham from Italy. My friend's dad got a bluray with footage of the pig that the ham came from running in the forest, it's almost psychotic.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #25 on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 03:31:18 »
There's an entire growing market for ethically raised free roam natural fed meat. Some restaurants even have little bios of the meat you are eating so you know almost every little detail of how the animal lived it's life. Same thing if you get Culatello ham from Italy. My friend's dad got a bluray with footage of the pig that the ham came from running in the forest, it's almost psychotic.

What the actual ****.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 07:31:14 »

BLURAY ? <Tp4 is now interested> not in the pig, but the Bluray.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 20:21:50 »

BLURAY ? <Tp4 is now interested> not in the pig, but the Bluray.

What if it were an HD DVD?

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #29 on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 20:50:09 »

What if it were an HD DVD?

Still interested, hard to find player though.

I used to see them at Goodwill all of the time. They couldn't give the things away, lol. I wouldn't mind picking one up as a nice display piece. I have seen the disks there too, still do sometimes. LaserDisk players are cool too.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #30 on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 21:13:20 »
VHD Videodisc or gtfo!

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #31 on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 21:17:32 »
VHD Videodisc or gtfo!

How about Zoetrope?

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 18:45:19 »
How about betamax

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 18:57:57 »
How about betamax

Tapes are dead, it's never coming back, because the storage degrades over time, you'd need to re-record from the studio copy to get any good image quality out of it.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #34 on: Sun, 17 May 2020, 09:57:43 »
Tapes are far from dead, heading that way but still not dead.  That's like saying vinyl is dead  :p

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 14:56:52 »

That's like saying vinyl is dead

Vinyl will outlast tapes. I have ripped 50-year-old records that were heavily played and abused but aside from some surface noise played great.

My sister sent me our family Christmas records dating back to the mid-1950s and asked me to rip them to CD.

First, I took them to the kitchen sink and gave them a good old bath with hot soapy water.

My theory about why they sound so good is that in the old days they were played with fat (probably worn out) conical needles that never got very deep in the grooves. My new modern elliptical stylus may have dived deeper into the groove and found fresh vinyl to read.

That's my theory anyway.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"