Author Topic: Open AI Sora  (Read 1732 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Open AI Sora
« on: Thu, 15 February 2024, 20:29:12 »
https://openai.com/sora

No job is safe.

Don't really see what AI can't do.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: Open AI Sora
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 15 February 2024, 20:33:56 »
https://openai.com/sora

No job is safe.

Don't really see what AI can't do.

Show Image

They can't do game design yet, but I expect crude 2D stuff very soon. Only a matter of time before we see shooters and 3D action games done by AI on Steam.
I'd love to see an AI create a sprawling MMORPG though. It would be a complete mystery to everyone, and if it were unique enough, it could create this community of discovery.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 15 February 2024, 20:38:24 »
Tp4 just, doesn't see the point in doing anything anymore. This completely re-writes the schematic of human endeavor.

It's quite clear that our concept of the Human-Soul is merely Bigotry against robotics,  AI can dream, and they dream in higher fidelity than humans.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 17 February 2024, 08:05:32 »
Farming ?

You guys think we can still be good farmers ?

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 19 February 2024, 11:25:55 »
Farming ?

You guys think we can still be good farmers ?

Probably not.

Tp4 just, doesn't see the point in doing anything anymore. This completely re-writes the schematic of human endeavor.

It's quite clear that our concept of the Human-Soul is merely Bigotry against robotics,  AI can dream, and they dream in higher fidelity than humans.

I honestly think that AI taking over all jobs will just mean we get to develop new endeavours.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 25 February 2024, 17:57:16 »
Don't see AI taking over automotive repair.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 25 February 2024, 20:25:35 »
Don't see AI taking over automotive repair.

They have been building them for ages though.

What I really wonder is if these "geniuses" who are working on all this advanced AI openly admit and acknowledge that it is super dangerous, and if left unchecked could destroy society, why is it they keep on working on it and making it more powerful? You literally just stated in multiple interviews that this will lead to the downfall of humankind, then in the same breath mentioned your new AI project that will push things even further. What the **** is wrong with you?

Offline Coreda

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 26 February 2024, 06:40:34 »
What I really wonder is if these "geniuses" who are working on all this advanced AI openly admit and acknowledge that it is super dangerous, and if left unchecked could destroy society, why is it they keep on working on it and making it more powerful?

It's a gold rush I suppose. OpenAI's employees didn't just sign that letter pleading for Sam Altman's return after his ousting merely because they felt he was the best CEO but because the company was going to be valued at $86 billion dollars and they had stock they wanted to sell that was at risk due to his firing.

An OpenAI employee share sale that values the firm at $86 billion is back on track following Sam Altman’s reinstatement as CEO late Tuesday night, a person familiar with the matter said. The deal, in which a group of investors led by Thrive Capital will buy up to $1 billion of stock—and conceivably more—held by employees or other investors, is expected to close next month.

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 26 February 2024, 17:17:03 »
It's a gold rush I suppose. OpenAI's employees didn't just sign that letter pleading for Sam Altman's return after his ousting merely because they felt he was the best CEO but because the company was going to be valued at $86 billion dollars and they had stock they wanted to sell that was at risk due to his firing.

Yeah they are rolling in money and want to keep making it, even if they make the world worse, people are just selfish :(
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 27 February 2024, 02:48:06 »
It's not really that I think, it's just a matter of technology being unstoppable. You can't stop technology, nor should you, really.
Check my keyboard video reviews: