Author Topic: Pack your Bug-Out Bags... PA/NY/MA/NJ/MA/RI/CT/DE/MD/DC/VA/WV  (Read 3992 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Last week, Pennsylvania Susquehanna reactor had to Shutdown twice in 1 week.

April 28th. Turbine control problem
May 3rd, auto trigger SCRAM during refueling reboot. (cause not explicit)

You may remember @ Chernobyl, their SCRAM button is named AZ-5,  It means ****'s hit the fan.     

Pressing this button twice in a week is a big deal. Given the pandemic, the short staffing,  the Disease cycle TO COME.. We have 6 months to 2 years left of Covid.

Fermi 2, up in Newport, Michigan, recently had to halt Refueling all together.

It is pertinent for all GHers in the fallout area to pack a GO-Bag.

In the event of meltdown, get at least 1000 miles distance. Do not return ever again, forget it, restart life somewhere else.  During Escape, Check wind conditions, head in the opposite direction.

After 30 years, you can go as close as 300-500 miles <but why do that if you don't have to>

241719-0

Offline Kavik

Re: Pack your Bug-Out Bags... PA/NY/MA/NJ/MA/RI/CT/DE/MD/DC/VA/WV
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 14:31:13 »
Where did you learn of this? I can't find anything about it. Are Google, Bing, and DuckDuckGo aiding in a cover-up?  :-\
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 14:43:08 »
Where did you learn of this? I can't find anything about it. Are Google, Bing, and DuckDuckGo aiding in a cover-up?  :-\

They only press release after investigation, and usually, because NRC is the industry lap-Dog, the industry investigating itself,  There's never any problems. <the Playbook/Coverup >

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 15:06:50 »
Guess I'm good down here in GA for now (unless something goes wrong in AL or NC - last I remember that's where the closest reactors are down here)
Also if PA went full meltdown wouldnt that impact the other reactors on the New England coast?

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 15:07:54 »
Guess I'm good down here in GA for now (unless something goes wrong in AL or NC - last I remember that's where the closest reactors are down here)
Also if PA went full meltdown wouldnt that impact the other reactors on the New England coast?

It will impact the entire northern hemisphere.

Offline dingusxmcgee

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 15:42:16 »
Read an interesting book on Nuclear power awhile back. Was pretty interesting from the policy side of things and the war between “do it right” and “it costs too much. no bully”

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 16:02:39 »
I'm gonna glow? Cool.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 16:05:33 »
Read an interesting book on Nuclear power awhile back. Was pretty interesting from the policy side of things and the war between “do it right” and “it costs too much. no bully”

Good stuff.

For peeps too lazy to read a whole book,  vvv Txt wall.

Nooqular was NEVER MEAN'T to produce power. It is today as it ever was a doomsday weapon. On the political sphere, because everyone has it, it is the only thing ensuring world peace.

The nuclear power industry came about from the atoms for peace narrative. This was primarily due to the guilt that the industry had for killing so many Japanese civilians unnecessarily.  The US wanted to demonstrate the bomb,  however, nearing the end of the war, it was unnecessary as Jpn was already unable to continue. America went ahead anyway.  It worked, but in retrospect, it made us look no better than the SS-Germans.

To ameliorate the public mindset, atoms for peace got the go.

Here's the problem, it's inefficient. it pollutes almost as bad as Coal Fire.  AND it leaves us with waste that is impossible to dispose of, and has to be Monitored-carefully for  at least 10,000 years, if not indefinitely.

Nooqular is only clean in the reactor phase. Mining/ Refining/ Processing, all added together it's ~3-6% cleaner than coal.

This doesn't include disposal and monitoring cost which would put it in net negative for again, 10,000 years.  Imagine hiring just 2 security guards for that long, $600 Billion dollars.

Then there's the danger, Chernobyl, Fukushima being the most noteworthy.  Over 1 million liquidators (cleaners) were utilized to head off Chernobyl. They all died horrible deaths w/ genetically damaged gene line.  The population living hundreds of miles away from the forbidden zone still have high rates of rare-cancers.

Population living near CURRENT reactors, have significantly higher rates of Leukemia, especially children.

Fukushima is looking at currently at least 1 million new cancers as the result. the area is still highly contaminated. Every spring the trees bloom with Radioactive pollen. 70% of the land area is mountainous and can not be cleaned. There's a buildup of radioactive water.  They're looking at $600 Billion in cleanup costs at the moment. With another 100 years worth at least.  So You take the whole GDP of Jpn, start filling in the hole, and you'll still be in that hole 100-300 years later.

The concept of nooqular power is good. but it doesn't work because we don't have the technology to do it safely, and there is NO KNOWN WAY to dispose of the waste.

The proposition has NEVER MADE A PROFIT.  No banks are willing to underwrite the insurance of reactors, it's all funded by public funds, OUR tax dollars.

Every state that has nooqular power has higher electric rates because of it.

Both of America's biggest labels, GE power, and Westinghouse both went bankrupt, bought by japanese Toshiba and Hitachi.  We don't even have the capacity / tooling to produce reactors in the United States anymore,   They're made IN CHINA, and shipped here like legos.

The MARK 1 reactor, same as the 3 reactors that blew up in Fukushima, are still in service all over America. It is KNOWN to have several design flaws, and is inherently unsafe. <as documented by its OWN designers/engineers>

ALL CURRENT reactors are either nearing or have run past their Designed Lifespan.

The planned new plants went overbudget by several billion, project stuck in limbo, 1 other canceled.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 18:22:57 »
The hatch plant is in Baxley, I've been there, they don't mess around.

They're another vogle in Waynesboro.

https://www.georgiapower.com/company/energy-industry/generating-plants.html

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 19:42:24 »
Can you shut down a reactor?  Is it possible at least?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 19:48:46 »
It takes a long time, it is expensive, and it is problematic getting it running again.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 19:50:12 »
The hatch plant is in Baxley, I've been there, they don't mess around.

They're another vogle in Waynesboro.

https://www.georgiapower.com/company/energy-industry/generating-plants.html

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
I completely forgot about those two here in GA, and I should've known due to my uncle working w/ GA Power/Southern Company at one time (he might be going back to work with them too - mainly did right-of-way and land acquisitions for them originally)

It takes a long time, it is expensive, and it is problematic getting it running again.

I'm sure it's a better process than a meltdown  :thumb:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 20:00:09 »
Can you shut down a reactor?  Is it possible at least?

Well, shut down as in insert all the control rods to LIMIT the reaction, YES.

As for DECOMMISSION , shutdown, shutdown,  No , that's an extra expense and takes years to complete, millions of dollars, billions if there's any contamination.

If you just took a reactor, put in the rods, and walked away,  you'd have a melt down.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 20:10:48 »
well found the report, and looks like the 4th was a busy day for reporting:
https://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/event-status/event/2020/20200504en.html

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 20:14:56 »
Got it.  What do we take again? Iodine pills?

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 20:17:57 »
guess I'll be heading over to the Army surplus and possibly the Airforce Base near me  :))  (doubt Lockheed would hook it up lol)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 20:31:30 »
Got it.  What do we take again? Iodine pills?

That is important, but it only saves your thyroid, You STILL HAVE TO RUN AWAY as fast as you can.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 20:59:44 »
I’m in Tennessee. I guess if the world decides to unleash covid-19, deadly tornados, murder hornets, and nuclear meltdown, then I’m going to see that as a sign to peace out a bit early.  Now, what’s the easiest and least painful way to commit group suicide?  Gotta take the whole fam at the same time. 

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 21:31:59 »
so far by these events would mark the vaccine for COVID as what causes an zombie apocalypse, it's always some vaccine/cure for something that causes that. 

Offline Kavik

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 22:47:34 »
I’m in Tennessee. I guess if the world decides to unleash covid-19, deadly tornados, murder hornets, and nuclear meltdown, then I’m going to see that as a sign to peace out a bit early.  Now, what’s the easiest and least painful way to commit group suicide?  Gotta take the whole fam at the same time.

Probably carbon monoxide poisoning.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 07:29:48 »
Or Jim Jones blend of Koolaid

I wouldnt recommend doing that but just sayin'

Also with this I feel like I'm having Dejavu over this set of events

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 09:15:05 »

Probably carbon monoxide poisoning.

It's the tried and true,  But overall,  Tp4 does not recommend Suicide.

Permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Ya' gotta keep playing the game even when it gets tough, who knows, some omnipotent alien might swoop down,  make everyone eat veggies and save the planet.

We are at an inflection point for humanity. We must cease animal agriculture, as it is the primary driver of Pandemic potential diseases and Climate change.

And of course, turn off those nooq plants, they don't work and have a negative net benefit.

Offline Olumin

• "Guy walks into a doctor's office..."
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 11:17:57 »
Learn how to stop worrying and love the bomb nuclear power.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 12:21:25 »

Dat Germans did a study, Proximity to nooq plants highly correlate w/ childhood leukemia. Probability patterns decrease in concentric circles around the plant..

Tp4 fully supports sending reactors2mars,  buh NOT on earth..

Offline Olumin

« Reply #24 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 14:25:50 »

Dat Germans did a study, Proximity to nooq plants highly correlate w/ childhood leukemia. Probability patterns decrease in concentric circles around the plant..

Tp4 fully supports sending reactors2mars,  buh NOT on earth..

"The only critical aspect of nuclear power generation is waste disposal and long-term storage. The operational circle of modern plants is completely clean at every other level.

Exposure of the general public to such waste products during the normal operation of the plant is unthinkable, and only possible during disaster, or severe neglect of safety protocols.

Studies that show otherwise are presenting unreliable data that is easily skewed by other, outside factors.

Don’t worry citizen. Stay save, and stay strong."

- Public health and safety representative of the I.A.E.C.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 16:57:58 »

Both the IAEA, and the NRC are nooqular lapdogs. They represent the nooqular industry policing itself.   They lie.

Nooq plants are also NOT remotely clean. accounting for mining/ processing each plant is ~7% cleaner than a Coal plant. 

Offline Olumin

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 17:51:05 »

Both the IAEA, and the NRC are nooqular lapdogs. They represent the nooqular industry policing itself.   They lie.

Nooq plants are also NOT remotely clean. accounting for mining/ processing each plant is ~7% cleaner than a Coal plant. 

I’m joking mate. Don’t worry, the IAEC is not real, I made it up, seal and all. The IAEA however...

Maybe if we outsource Uranium mining and enriching completely to Australia, we can get that number to >15%

With all those crazy critters there already, mutation won’t do them any harm anyhow. Yeeehaaaw.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 18:01:43 »

I’m joking mate. Don’t worry, the IAEC is not real, I made it up, seal and all. The IAEA however...

Maybe if we outsource Uranium mining and enriching completely to Australia, we can get that number to >15%

With all those crazy critters there already, mutation won’t do them any harm anyhow. Yeeehaaaw.

I assumed you meant IAEA as I've spelled in my post,  iaec does exist, I would assume they're mossad, but this is another conspiracy thread.

Nooquler is NET Negative Energy, it has never been profitable economically, and the public bears the entirety of its cost, no business/bank would touch it. The end-waste only ever COSTS money. Whatever power it generates in the short term is used up in the 10s of thousands of years we need to manage the waste by millions of folds.

Nooqular power is among the worst man made disasters, followed shortly by meat consumption and the ketogenic diet.

Offline Olumin

« Reply #28 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 18:14:36 »

I assumed you meant IAEA as I've spelled in my post,  iaec does exist, I would assume they're mossad, but this is another conspiracy thread.

Nooquler is NET Negative Energy, it has never been profitable economically, and the public bears the entirety of its cost, no business/bank would touch it. The end-waste only ever COSTS money. Whatever power it generates in the short term is used up in the 10s of thousands of years we need to manage the waste by millions of folds.

Nooqular power is among the worst man made disasters, followed shortly by meat consumption and the ketogenic diet.

I agree of cause.

But hey, at least depleted uranium makes for good tank armor and AP rounds.

You can also use it as effective shielding against radiation. Isn’t that just ironic?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 18:19:51 »

I agree of cause.

You can also use it as effective shielding against radiation. Isn’t that just ironic?

You are correct, they do make better bullets and tank armor. The problem with that is actually our soldiers are getting extremely sick because of the uranium ammo. < this has been silenced > as everything military.

In warzones where depleted uranium shells/ ammo is used, like Iraq, there is also an extremely high lvl of birth defects as the result on the civilian population.

It's not good for the soldiers, not for anyone.

For shielding, it's only better shielding than nothing against another high lvl source, but it is still itself very toxic.

Offline Olumin

« Reply #30 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 18:36:24 »

I agree of cause.

You are correct, they do make better bullets and tank armor. The problem with that is actually our soldiers are getting extremely sick because of the uranium ammo. < this has been silenced > as everything military.

In warzones where depleted uranium shells/ ammo is used, like Iraq, there is also an extremely high lvl of birth defects as the result on the civilian population.

It's not good for the soldiers, not for anyone.

For shielding, it's only better shielding than nothing against another high lvl source, but it is still itself very toxic.

If we'd only fight more wars like in the good ol' days, soldiers'd be dyin' of bullets 'n bombs before dying of cancer!

Tellin' you, army boys these days last much too long anyhow!

I suppose you could also use Iridium Penetrators as a replacement for U. Don’t even know which of the two would be more expensive...   

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 20:06:25 »
I see TP is still with the useless threads...
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 20:30:36 »
TP, where did this novel 'ronavirus come from?

You can start a new thread if ya want.  Just want entertainment.