Author Topic: Welp time to sell all my keyboards, the future is here  (Read 1812 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Welp time to sell all my keyboards, the future is here
« on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 17:49:48 »

Offline Carcharocles

• Location: In the lonely, desolate wasteland of South Kansas City
    • The Deathscape Mythos
Re: Welp time to sell all my keyboards, the future is here
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 18:24:57 »
My first response was that this seems overly cumbersome and unnecessary.

Then I realized that people who can't use a keyboard at all (or at least, well enough for for one to be useful) due to disabilities will be very grateful for this board's existence. Sadly, I have a suspicion it will be expensive... thus it will likely be out of reach of most of its target audience's price range.

And if you're a gamer who plays anything other than Pogo games and Bejeweled clones, this definitely won't work for you.
T1000 , Firmware ver. Doge.

Most deadly of them all.
Keyboards: Drevo Gramr (Outemu Browns); Logitech K480

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 18:44:51 »
It is $400.

An interesting idea.

My first thought was that it would have to stick to the table pretty well, and Linus said that it does tend to move around a bit.

Gaming :))

Those with autism might be better getting an ortholinear keyboard with keys arranged in alphabetical order.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Awful

• Don't Topre.
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 17 January 2018, 13:19:48 »
Am I the only one that imagined 3d printing a pair of boobs to replace the domes with? This thing looks like it has the functionality of an elaborate doorstop. Speaking of doorstops, they're more entertaining then Linus.
I hate everything.

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 10:19:29 »
Am I the only one that imagined 3d printing a pair of boobs to replace the domes with? This thing looks like it has the functionality of an elaborate doorstop. Speaking of doorstops, they're more entertaining then Linus.
Now you got me thinking, would people buy replacement topre domes in the shape of boobs? No one would know, but you'd know