Author Topic: amazon sent me a *new* motherboard that reeks of perfume ??  (Read 1453 times)

Offline atarione

amazon sent me a *new* motherboard that reeks of perfume ??
« on: Mon, 05 September 2022, 11:55:54 »
OMG why....  So my Z690 AORUS ELITE AX motherboard arrived yesterday afternoon (orig amazon listed next wed for the delivery)  any excitement I may have had for the early delivery vanished rather quickly when I started having an allergy attack due to the "STRONG" perfume fragrance emanating from the packaging ( umm they shipped this in a plastic bag with no padding at all) and motherboard box....

I quickly took this outside and asked for my wife's assistance putting the packaging and motherboard box into a large resealable plastic bag....  we then placed it in a secure storage area outside the house... to see if it would help we put one of these Baking soda fridge things in the bag with the box and packaging to see if it might absorb the foul smell... but nah...

291167-0

First for me to rma a motherboard because it reeks / and causes me to need my rescue inhaler... good thing I keep it with me even around the house.     not sure what the heck happened with this motherboard...but it is going back to amazon...so if you order one open box or whatever and it smells like perfume don`t say i didn`t warn you...      Not sure what to do now... I`m not ordering a mb from newegg after the bs with gamers nexus...    Guess I will try amazon again and hope they manage to not send one that reeks of perfume?

291169-1

yes feel free to think this is funny....  it is totally hilarious unless it happens to you....and you are allergic but don`t have your inhaler and then you end up in the ER or whatever???   great job Amazon... great job.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: amazon sent me a *new* motherboard that reeks of perfume ??
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 05 September 2022, 12:37:53 »
could've been from a warehouse spill. someone broke a bottle of perfume.

Offline atarione

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 05 September 2022, 12:54:26 »
could've been from a warehouse spill. someone broke a bottle of perfume.

maybe?   However I googled it and it seems these plastic bags amazon is sending stuff in are reported by many customers as having a *strong perfume* smell.... not sure what amazon is doing, but I am not the only one to have an allergic reaction to this packaging and to have noticed a strong odor from the packaging.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 05 September 2022, 13:24:08 »
I would trust Amazon on a mobo more than Newegg.

Mostly because Amazon doesn't give 2 cents about returns... As you can clearly see. Whereas Newegg may fight you on it and blame you for things you didn't do.

I try to:
Avoid drives and PSUs on Amazon
Avoid mobos on Newegg.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline atarione

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 05 September 2022, 14:50:26 »
at least it wasn't bear mace.

Show Image

well sure pepper spray / bear spray might be worse... however as I mentioned it did trigger my allergies enough I needed a rescue inhaler so ..it wasn't ideal certainly.

I would trust Amazon on a mobo more than Newegg.

Mostly because Amazon doesn't give 2 cents about returns... As you can clearly see. Whereas Newegg may fight you on it and blame you for things you didn't do.

I try to:
Avoid drives and PSUs on Amazon
Avoid mobos on Newegg.

yeah.... It sucks because the price for this motherboard @  bestbuy or B&H is terrible... amazon and newegg are way lower... but I am afraid of reordering it from amazon for fear of getting another *fragrant motherboard box.. and I`m afraid newegg would **** me in the event of a RMA.... meh. 

Offline atarione

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 05 September 2022, 15:16:22 »
it is at times like this I reaaaally wish I either lived closer to microcenter or the Fry`s hadn`t gone under. .. oh well.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 05 September 2022, 15:26:47 »
My experience is that Micro Center has excellent mail-order service (still sad after living 15 minutes from a store for over 20 years .... ).
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"