Author Topic: Second iphone  (Read 5846 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Second iphone
« on: Sat, 07 October 2023, 12:26:29 »
Guys, they is installed spy apps on the wurk iphone.

What's the best iphone to get at this point (price wise), just as a beater for private use. It has to be iphone for occasional wurk apps.

12/13/14 ?

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
Re: Second iphone
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 07 October 2023, 22:15:49 »
If you are looking for iPhone specifically, then something like an 11 should be fine. If you want the latest software updates than don't go below the XS/XR since they have discontinued software support for the X, and you might just want to go up to an 11 so you can get continued support for a while longer.

The more recent Iphones are relatively similar to each other. So unless you really want to take better photos or want more powerful hardware for some reason, then I would recommend the cheapest one you can find that still has software support personally.

fjell | hhkb bt

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 08 October 2023, 01:41:20 »
why iphone over android?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 02 November 2023, 09:20:29 »
Got a 12, but might need a second burner for -stuff-

How is pixel 7a guys ? It's on sale.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 02 November 2023, 10:57:34 »
I have been using a Pixel 3 for years and have been very satisfied, although I am not a "heavy" user.

My daughter got a 3 at the same time and used until a year ago when it finally died completely. She had abused it relentlessly, mostly by dropping it, and its features and components had given up the ghost one by one, back camera, front camera, sound, screen had cracked more than once causing the loss of the bottom 10%, then later the next 20%, you get the idea. Countless times I said "Why don't you get a new one, as much as you use it?"

Several months ago she finally did, I think it was maybe a 6 (the larger size, which I would not do because I carry my phone in my pocket) and she is very pleased with it.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 02 November 2023, 12:18:48 »
I have been using a Pixel 3 for years and have been very satisfied, although I am not a "heavy" user.

My daughter got a 3 at the same time and used until a year ago when it finally died completely. She had abused it relentlessly, mostly by dropping it, and its features and components had given up the ghost one by one, back camera, front camera, sound, screen had cracked more than once causing the loss of the bottom 10%, then later the next 20%, you get the idea. Countless times I said "Why don't you get a new one, as much as you use it?"

Several months ago she finally did, I think it was maybe a 6 (the larger size, which I would not do because I carry my phone in my pocket) and she is very pleased with it.

That means software support is really good right ? Using it for that long.

Offline Sniping

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 02 November 2023, 12:35:33 »
maybe you can consider the mini if that's your thing? it has a bit of a cult following. i've been using a 14 pro and it's excellent. i have fairly high screen time so i'd say it's worth it for me to just get something nice and new.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 02 November 2023, 12:40:21 »

software support is really good

From my very limited understanding, Android goes through major "generational" changes infrequently. As I recall, when I got the Pixel my Galaxy 5? still worked fine but I had crossed the support threshold such that I was too far behind the curve to get some app that I wanted/needed.

Not that I am particularly concerned, but I sometimes wonder how long in the tooth the Pixel 3 is getting to be.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 02 November 2023, 12:43:02 »
maybe you can consider the mini if that's your thing? it has a bit of a cult following. i've been using a 14 pro and it's excellent. i have fairly high screen time so i'd say it's worth it for me to just get something nice and new.

No high screen time here, just need secrets secret.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 02 November 2023, 12:43:17 »

software support is really good

From my very limited understanding, Android goes through major "generational" changes infrequently. As I recall, when I got the Pixel my Galaxy 5? still worked fine but I had crossed the support threshold such that I was too far behind the curve to get some app that I wanted/needed.

Not that I am particularly concerned, but I sometimes wonder how long in the tooth the Pixel 3 is getting to be.

7a is a solid contender then.