Author Topic: What tech purchase do you most regret having purchased?  (Read 18046 times)

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

• LiquidEvilGaming Youtube
What tech purchase do you most regret having purchased?
« on: Sun, 27 March 2016, 17:53:42 »
Be it due to over paying, or the device being a POS,or just being not what you expected what piece of tech did you buy you regret most?

For myself it would be when i bought a Macbook Pro in 2009

It wasn't a horrible machine but given the price it commanded i could have done much better with a windows equivalent or Linux laptop.  It overheated quite frequently to the point it was uncomfortable to use in my lap.  OSX i had not used since the PowerPC days and nothing new really ""wowed"" me for the premium price Macs command.  The build quality of the exterior was fairly good but given an ASUS zenbook is built just as well for much less...The logic board had to be replaced twice and i finally ended up selling it in 2011 and bought a Dell latitude instead (Which i still have and still runs very well as a backup laptop to this day).  Never again would i consider a Macbook at the prices they command short of a major price drop i can simply do much better with a Windows/Linux based machine for far less.

Runner up:  The Playstation Vita , such a powerhouse of a handheld upon it's launch yet the handheld basically only had a library of RPG's and little to no support from Sony after the first year.  While i enjoyed several rpg's the handheld had to offer and i felt it was more "me" than the 3DS (purely from a hardware standpoint) the memory card prices and mediocre at best library made me regret how much i invested into the platform given Sonys almost failure to even acknowledge the handheld existed. 

Very curious to hear what all of your biggest tech purchase regrets are,

Current Daily Driver/s
White Leopold 750R MX Reds
Head of LiquidEvilGaming on Youtube
i7 4790k/16GB DDR3/GTX 1060 6GB SSC/256GB Samsung SSD/2TB SSHD/W10

Offline Kompanion

Re: What tech purchase do you most regret having purchased?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 27 March 2016, 18:29:44 »
PS4. I almost literally never play it because of my pc. The only time I've played it is when arkham knight was getting almost negative fps on pc...

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 27 March 2016, 19:17:05 »
PS4. I almost literally never play it because of my pc. The only time I've played it is when arkham knight was getting almost negative fps on pc...

When i built my new rig i felt similarly and sold my Ps4/xbox 1 and wii-u and moved the gaming topics of my YOutube channel purely to PC so i can relate.
Current Daily Driver/s

Offline smknjoe

• I like tactile, clicky, switches.
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 27 March 2016, 19:28:29 »
a Macbook at the prices they command short of a major price drop i can simply do much better with a Windows/Linux based machine for far less.

I've had 2 or 3 recent Macbooks and I inevitably sell them after a few months for the same reasons. I currently have one that was issued to me at work and it's not bad with 16GB RAM and a quad core i7, but I could get something better for about $500-$1000 less.

I sort of regret getting in on the first batch of RaspberryPis in 2012. They were very finicky when it came to power supplies and not useful for much, other than being used as a SAMBA share. The Pi2s are pretty awesome though!
SSKs for everyone!

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 27 March 2016, 19:36:36 »
Tefal steam iron. They suck. Drip water, leak, too much or little steam. But unfortunately I do not know a less crappy brand.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 14:28:56 »
Tefal steam iron. They suck. Drip water, leak, too much or little steam. But unfortunately I do not know a less crappy brand.

Arn't you a guy ?

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 14:31:36 »

Arn't you a guy ?
Guys need good Irons too TP what do you do with your creased clothes?
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 14:34:54 »

Arn't you a guy ?

dry cleaner..

But I heard those  steam pump thingies that look like small vacuum cleaners can do the creases faster than an iron..

It's like, you just hang up ur shirt, yea ?  then you just spray it with the steam.. and it's straight..

I guess you could do this for the majority of the shirt,  and then just have to iron the collar area..

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 14:45:33 »
But I heard those  steam pump thingies that look like small vacuum cleaners can do the creases faster than an iron..

It's like, you just hang up ur shirt, yea ?  then you just spray it with the steam.. and it's straight..

I guess you could do this for the majority of the shirt,  and then just have to iron the collar area..

Yup, did this at a clothing store I worked at in high school. They work pretty damn well, actually. Trying to remember, I don't think collars were an issue because they still had those cardboard supports in them in the store.

No idea what owning one would be like. Irons really aren't that difficult to use..

Think it's been a while since I bought crappy tech. Maybe the Pioneer receiver in my car, thing is a piece of trash, but it gives me Bluetooth  :rolleyes: Seriously I can't believe they retail for the price of an iPad (I got mine open-box on the cheap though). Complete and utter garbage.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline G-Dubs

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 16:35:45 »
I'm sure I'll have others, but there's only one that pops into my head now.

Back when the 6800GT was the best card on the market, SLI was still very new and exotic. I bought an SLI motherboard and a pair of 6600GTs since theoretically a pair of them using SLI properly would run better than a single 6800GT. Unfortunately, I wasn't aware of the SLI profile stuff and how finicky it was. It really hit home when FEAR came out and I saw the 6800GT's benchmarks and compared them to my own. I lived with that boneheaded mistake until the 8800GT was released, which was 3-4 years, I think. 
KUL ES-87 MX Red || KBP V60 Matias Linear || KBP V60 Matias Quiet Click || Varmilo VA87MR Gateron Black || Leopold FC210P MX Black

Offline Hellcatz

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 16:40:40 »
Or do what I do and use the steam from the shower to unwrinkle your shirt. #poormansiron #killing2birdwithonestone

Offline Rad

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 16:44:57 »
I bought a Mac Mini that doesn't get the use it deserves. Probably gonna sell it.

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 16:56:24 »
I bought a Mac Mini that doesn't get the use it deserves. Probably gonna sell it.

Had one of the last PowerPc versions of those with bluetooth and a whopping 1Gb of ram!  Gave it away recently to a family that would actually use it.
Current Daily Driver/s

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 17:16:57 »

Arn't you a guy ?

A guy who needs to wear business shirts and blazers, so I'm bound to ironing.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 17:18:04 »

Arn't you a guy ?

dry cleaner..
Show Image

Thing is... hanging it dripping wet doesn't always solve the trick. But do those steamers actually really work?

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 17:18:48 »
Or do what I do and use the steam from the shower to unwrinkle your shirt. #poormansiron #killing2birdwithonestone

I actually only do this to unwrinkle wool (like pants of my suit).

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 17:38:53 »

Back when the 6800GT was the best card on the market, SLI was still very new and exotic. I bought an SLI motherboard and a pair of 6600GTs since theoretically a pair of them using SLI properly would run better than a single 6800GT. Unfortunately, I wasn't aware of the SLI profile stuff and how finicky it was. It really hit home when FEAR came out and I saw the 6800GT's benchmarks and compared them to my own. I lived with that boneheaded mistake until the 8800GT was released, which was 3-4 years, I think. 

I had a pair of 6600gt back in the day too.. 

It worked fine on the newest games.. but not on the older ones..

Offline Ciemnika

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 18:48:32 »
I bought an MSI Ghost Pro laptop, which was a pain from day one. The trackpad was horrible, it had literally 25 minutes of battery life, and the gaming performance wasn't great. It was also expensive and felt quite flimsy. The model I had was also reputed to have some of the BIOS / UEFI backdoors from China in it, and I took a pretty substantial loss in selling it. I built a new desktop after, which I quite like. That definitely ranks pretty highly.

I'm not sure this counts, but the item I had the biggest remorse over was definitely an Acura ILX sport package. While the car was reasonable enough to drive, the seats were unbelievably uncomfortable on long drives and driving the stupid thing just made me unhappy. I was thrilled to unload it and buy another Jeep.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 18:54:12 »

I had a pair of 6600gt back in the day too.. 

It worked fine on the newest games.. but not on the older ones..

Oh man.. The 6600gt was gold back in the day. I had a couple. Even modded some to fit a quieter cooler. They were relatively cheap but great and especially in SLI.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 18:55:13 »
I bought an MSI Ghost Pro laptop, which was a pain from day one. The trackpad was horrible, it had literally 25 minutes of battery life, and the gaming performance wasn't great. It was also expensive and felt quite flimsy. The model I had was also reputed to have some of the BIOS / UEFI backdoors from China in it, and I took a pretty substantial loss in selling it. I built a new desktop after, which I quite like. That definitely ranks pretty highly.

I'm not sure this counts, but the item I had the biggest remorse over was definitely an Acura ILX sport package. While the car was reasonable enough to drive, the seats were unbelievably uncomfortable on long drives and driving the stupid thing just made me unhappy. I was thrilled to unload it and buy another Jeep.

I never heard good things about MSI laptops OR their supposedly great motherboards. I'm wondering what their reputation was built on.

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 19:02:36 »

I never heard good things about MSI laptops OR their supposedly great motherboards. I'm wondering what their reputation was built on.

Iv'e actually had excellent luck with MSI motherboards(Both my current desktops run MSI motherboards as well without issue) and HORRID luck with Asus which is supposedly superior.  That said most laptops are made by a handful of OEM's and simply re branded such as Compal,Clevo etc etc Are MSI laptops even made by MSI? Or just one of several OEM rebrands like the extreme majority of laptops really are?

On a total side note i wish my younger sister had your luck with Jeeps, she's had two Grand Cherokees which both near fell apart at 100k and now she has a Compass that's been in the shop almost as much as it's been on the road (2014)

Personally iv'e never owned one as i loathe American cars but given seeing her experience with them i'm shocked she bought her third, it IS comfortable though that's really hard to deny.
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 March 2016, 19:06:44 by LiquidEvilGaming »
Current Daily Driver/s

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 19:08:22 »

Iv'e actually had excellent luck with MSI motherboards(Both my current desktops run MSI motherboards as well without issue) and HORRID luck with Asus which is supposedly superior.  That said most laptops are made by a handful of OEM's and simply re branded such as Compal,Clevo etc etc Are MSI laptops even made by MSI? Or just one of several OEM rebrands like the extreme majority of laptops really are?

Yeah, that's probably true. For MSI, I'm talking about around 2005-2010, never touched the brand after that out of disappointment. Went the ASUS route for motherboards, but they also failed on me occasionally, especially DOAs. Tried gigabyte, but those were really hit or mis for me unfortunately.

I actually was under the impression most motherboards were actually produced by ASUS (not Foxconn) but to different specs and levels of quality but I could have that completely wrong. Just heard it once.

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 19:12:51 »

Yeah, that's probably true. For MSI, I'm talking about around 2005-2010, never touched the brand after that out of disappointment. Went the ASUS route for motherboards, but they also failed on me occasionally, especially DOAs. Tried gigabyte, but those were really hit or mis for me unfortunately.

I actually was under the impression most motherboards were actually produced by ASUS (not Foxconn) but to different specs and levels of quality but I could have that completely wrong. Just heard it once.

I'm fairly certain though not positive that is not the case with motherboards unlike laptops.  That said to my knowledge ASUS is the #1 most sold brand of motherboards worldwide i believe ,However i stress the fairly certain part,i do tend to buy cheaper motherboards as i don't overclock and i'm not an SLI fan so a basic level suits my needs fine and typically it just so happens MSI usually has several good deals in the price range of motherboards i usually buy.  Gigabyte i do seem to hear very mixed results on though varying wildly model to model as far as motherboards go.
Current Daily Driver/s

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 19:22:29 »
i bought a membership to bearshare p2p in highschool on my moms cc. She couldnt cancel it no matter how hard she tried, overseas calls, dropped calls, etc. She had to cancel the card and it ****ed up alot of her other auto pay bills.

bearshare sucked ass anyways
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline Ciemnika

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 19:39:41 »
MSI motherboards are functionally pretty good, and they have some nice features. The laptops, however, were typical "cheap Chinese" type build. They're the sort of stuff you almost expect for knock-off parts, in terms of physical construction, which is a bummer.

RE: Jeeps - My first Jeep was a 1996 XJ Cherokee, which I bought barely used in 1997, and drove from about 15k miles to 240k miles without any real incident. I did a load of work to it and off-roaded it hard. My current Jeep is a 2010 2-dr Wrangler, which is in the process of being built up. It's already modified a decent amount, and is well on the way to being a great off-road toy.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 20:39:24 »

Only the MSRP $150+ boards are good.. everything below that number is very cut quality..

The msrp isn't the street price though, they're usually $30 less than msrp at the microcenter/online sales.

Offline CSCoder4ever

• If it clicks I dig it
    • my github
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 23:34:47 »
Razer Naga Epic, 'nuff said.
Rosewill RK-9100; Poker II; Magicforce 68; Planck; WASDv2 TKL; Corsair k65; minivan; tada68;

*buntu - Debian - OpenBSD

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 00:09:33 »
The latest tech regret is Android Tablets.
I bought a Lenovo a while back, used it so little, the battery is all but shot, that's better than the Asus I bought to replace it (I got a good deal on both).  I thought maybe a better tablet would get me to use it more and I had it a total of 3 days before it locked up, decided I didn't need it and I sent it back.

It's not that they are bad, but I just have no use for them, just like my first netbook, it was neat, tiny, and small, but when it came to actually doing anything, it was inferior to all my other tech. I'd probably use my Baytrail tablet more if I could run Linux, but since that doesn't work, it pretty much only gets used when I'm dining out and don't want to use a laptop or my phone. I used it to run my printer for a while, but once I got my mini laptop, it's been used less and less.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline raymogi

« Reply #28 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 00:12:28 »
Samsung phones. I don't know why I kept buying the latest one out only to be disappointed two days later.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #29 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 01:58:18 »
i recently bought a 150 euros NIB microsoft trackball from like 15 years ago..
reviews on it totally hyped me up, and when i found one NIB locally i immediately snagged it. why? well, i knew it would be totally undamaged, unscratched, etc..
it looked very comfortable, had a scroll wheel, 5 buttons, reviews were wild about the thing, plenty of people are quite sad about the fact it was discontinued..

well, it's a piece of ****. i wasted my money and still feel mad at myself for being so stupid.
i guess the reviews were wild about its ergonomics and features, but not its internals - the bearings are crap, and the sensor is absolute garbage. M1 is incredibly mushy and just feels terrible..
the bearings can potentially be replaced, but the sensor can not. M1 can also not be fixed because it's a design flaw.

the worst part is that i feel like this thing is worth no more than 10 euros, but selling it for only 10 would just hurt too much.
so i guess i'm stuck with the thing forever. might as well throw it away.
/angryface
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 02:01:52 »
Colormunki display calibrator

only to find it DOES NOT work with windows 10

grrrrr.....
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 02:07:08 »
when i was 12? i bought a MYLO

Offline KRKS

• Your friendly neighbourhood umbrella
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 03:24:31 »
A smartphone.

I have a tablet for mobile entertainment, and the battery life of a normal phone is much more useful in both my work and private matters. And it doesn't help that it was some crappy no-name brand that would lag doing just about anything. Thankfully I already sold it.
The increasing power of Massdrop WILL kill the community group buys - don't come crying to me after it happens when you're too stupid to see it now. Join me in saving the community!

MD = NO $, NO EXCEPTIONS

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 04:29:45 »
A smartphone.

I have a tablet for mobile entertainment, and the battery life of a normal phone is much more useful in both my work and private matters. And it doesn't help that it was some crappy no-name brand that would lag doing just about anything. Thankfully I already sold it.

Battery life is horrible on smartphones, that's for sure. I'm still wondering how we end up with "accepting" 1 to 2 day max battery life for an iPhone. Before the iPhone, Nokia's were famous for holding up 1-2 weeks in standby. How did marketing convince us we want to continuously charge our phone?

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #34 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 05:16:51 »

You can always make a robot out of it http://m.instructables.com/id/Sparky-DIY-Web-Based-Telepresence-Robot/?ALLSTEPS
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #35 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 05:39:52 »
Samsung phones. I don't know why I kept buying the latest one out only to be disappointed two days later.
you referring to the s7/e?

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

« Reply #36 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 05:43:07 »

I can kind of share that one after having gone through an S2 skyrocket,S3,Note 3 and S4 i ended up (sure i'll catch flack for this) went back to iPhones and iPads.
Current Daily Driver/s

Offline raymogi

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 08:01:24 »
you referring to the s7/e?

I stopped at S6Edge. Can't ever take me away from my iPhone.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 08:21:11 »

I can kind of share that one after having gone through an S2 skyrocket,S3,Note 3 and S4 i ended up (sure i'll catch flack for this) went back to iPhones and iPads.

Why did you go back to iPhone? Curious.. (I have a iPhone 5S myself.. love it).

Offline raymogi

« Reply #39 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 08:34:46 »

Somehow much easier to do stuff on and the fact that it's always buttery smooth when you play games on it. I own a Nexus 6P also but even that beast can't play game as smooth as an iOS device.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 08:38:49 »

Somehow much easier to do stuff on and the fact that it's always buttery smooth when you play games on it. I own a Nexus 6P also but even that beast can't play game as smooth as an iOS device.

iOS devices definitely are smoother overall, but I prefer the customization and freedom of stock Android devices, even if it means all those third-party apps make the experience a little jarring and laggy at times.

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 11:31:38 »

iOS devices definitely are smoother overall, but I prefer the customization and freedom of stock Android devices, even if it means all those third-party apps make the experience a little jarring and laggy at times.

I myself went back for many reasons but here are my major ones

1. Even though Android devices on paper are more powerful iOS is just so much better optimized even my now aging iPad mini with retina feels smoother than newer Android tablets. Much the same is true with their phones from my own experiences.

2.  Long term software and security support, i often access account information for work and login to websites on the go where i order from for work on the go and Apple devices are supported better both long term software wise and generally in the security department as well.

3. Applecare+ In my line of work it's not uncommon to incur physical damage to ones tablet or phone and carrier plans are OUTRAGEOUS for both cost a month and deductible cost to replace a device.  Third party plans are generally very shady...Squaretrade is alright but even they only cover repairs up to the cost of the device and then the warranty is considered over...for a smartphone or tablet that can be one major repair sometimes.  Applecare+ is simply the most reasonable priced option for the protection it offers on devices of such cost that are used daily IMO.

4. If i need a RIGHT NOW repair or replacement there are tons of Apple stores near me..at worst i at least get a loaner for a few days.  With android phones if they need to be sent to the manufacture you either need a backup phone on stand by or sit and wait for weeks to get your device back.

5.  The lightning cable, iv'e never had a lightning cable or port fail on me....ever.  I have had plenty of Micro USB ports fail on me and often at the worst possible times....but again even should the lightning port fail as in #4 getting it repaired or replaced is WAY faster and way easier.

I could drone on with a ton of other reasons honestly...and i don't hate Android or the devices within it's ecosystem not at all.  Android has many clear benefits of it's own and anyone who denies that really IS just being an Apple fanboy.  It just so happens Apple devices in general suit my needs and wants at this time better than Android devices to.  Should that ever change in the future so will the devices i buy.
Current Daily Driver/s

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 11:46:48 »
People complaining about cellphones are doing it wrong..

STOP USING IT,  problem solved..

Everything is better on PC..   MINIMIZE cell use to absolute terms..  because it's a disappointing experience every single time..

Screen is small..  My hands are tired..  it doesn't respond quickly.. Takes me 10x as long to post something on it.. 

AND... AND it gives me Wrinkles from having to squint my eyes so often..

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

« Reply #43 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 12:01:21 »
People complaining about cellphones are doing it wrong..

STOP USING IT,  problem solved..

Everything is better on PC..   MINIMIZE cell use to absolute terms..  because it's a disappointing experience every single time..

Screen is small..  My hands are tired..  it doesn't respond quickly.. Takes me 10x as long to post something on it.. 

AND... AND it gives me Wrinkles from having to squint my eyes so often..
Show Image

I think most people minimize it to when it's needed..lord knows when i am home i rarely ever touch my tablet or phone.  But on the go they are more or less required these days honestly.
Current Daily Driver/s

Offline kawb

« Reply #44 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 12:10:58 »
Anything !@#$ Comcast. Worst company of ALL TIME, trained monkeys could do better then most of their techs.

Offline validifyed

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 14:11:56 »
More than 1080p on a laptop monitor. Poor graphics support leads to screen tearing, and in general you have the higher power consumption - a big FU at the end of it all, given that it was supposed to be the "trade-off" for the benefit of a higher res screen.

Id like to note that I got a WQHD screen, as I was fairly sure 4k was super dumb - but a friend convinced me 4k was amazing (And I totally interrogated him about his choice), and the bloody company really sold it... fk

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #46 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 14:45:36 »
Sony Bluetooth Audio (A2DP) receiver. This thing drops out and pauses the connection quite frequently, and in between the dropouts it speeds up and slows down the music, raising and lowering the pitch in a most annoying way.

Offline Marizen

« Reply #47 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 14:54:45 »
I regret switching from my LG G4 to an iPhone 6. The only reason I did was because the plan through my job is really cheap. I could cancel it and just reactivate my G4, but when I cancelled the contract I had to pay $585, and that will be a huge waste if I reactivated without waiting a few more month for that to kinda pay itself off.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 15:47:13 »
More than 1080p on a laptop monitor. Poor graphics support leads to screen tearing, and in general you have the higher power consumption - a big FU at the end of it all, given that it was supposed to be the "trade-off" for the benefit of a higher res screen.

Id like to note that I got a WQHD screen, as I was fairly sure 4k was super dumb - but a friend convinced me 4k was amazing (And I totally interrogated him about his choice), and the bloody company really sold it... fk

??

That's weird, are you on windows 7 or 10..

Offline validifyed

« Reply #49 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 16:08:45 »

??

That's weird, are you on windows 7 or 10..

10, Came installed with 8 but there was no way I was going to use that trash.