Author Topic: Anyone buying an iPhone 6?  (Read 117904 times)

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
Re: Anyone buying an iPhone 6?
« Reply #500 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 14:29:32 »
Ive been looking at them more and more and Ill probably go w the normal 6. Will fit my pocket better especially w an otterbox defender case. Though, Terraria would be best on a plus.  :rolleyes:

If you don't have large hands I don't think the Plus is really an option.  Just soooo big for everyday use.  Even if you do have large hands, like a friend of mine, it still is quite large in many situations.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #501 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 08:01:02 »
Ive been looking at them more and more and Ill probably go w the normal 6. Will fit my pocket better especially w an otterbox defender case. Though, Terraria would be best on a plus.  :rolleyes:

If you don't have large hands I don't think the Plus is really an option.  Just soooo big for everyday use.  Even if you do have large hands, like a friend of mine, it still is quite large in many situations.

I upgraded to a 6 from a 5s over my christmas break since my 5s was being wonky. Apple offered me 260 in trade in so, free 6 woo. I got a normal 6 and it's too big for my hands which are not small. I can use the phone one handed, except for browsing the internet. Browsing the internet is basically impossible without 2 hands firmly on the phone or the phone is going to go flying.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Doyniish

• Good you
    • Power Hour Playlists
« Reply #502 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 10:11:46 »
I have had a 6+ since release day and it is hands down the best phone I have ever had. Coming from a 5 it was such a luxury going to the screen of the plus. I have rarely had any issues with the size, other than bending over with the phone in my front pocket.

Ever since I got the 6+ I rarely use my iPad Mini for multimedia other than iBooks and Spotify at work.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #503 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 10:30:13 »
Ever since I got the 6+ I rarely use my iPad Mini since it's only a hair bigger than my phone.

FTFY  :-*
I'm back.

Offline Doyniish

• Good you
    • Power Hour Playlists
« Reply #504 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 11:20:22 »
Ever since I got the 6+ I rarely use my iPad Mini since it's only a hair bigger than my phone.

FTFY  :-*

True and I love it.

Offline howthegodschill

« Reply #505 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 13:54:18 »
I love my 6, but scared as hell when it's not in a case due to how slick it is.
That being said, many days I want a 6+, but I've already got something I'm happy with, so maybe next year.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #506 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 16:35:22 »

Yeah I know dem feels

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #507 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 18:50:22 »
That being said, many days I want a 6+, but I've already got something I'm happy with, so maybe next year.
I got a Tech 21 for my 6+, and it is even better than the case I had previously, and I have dropped it a couple times and it hasn't even scratched yet.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #508 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 22:09:41 »
I got a Tech 21 for my 6+, and it is even better than the case I had previously, and I have dropped it a couple times and it hasn't even scratched yet.

+1 on tech21
i use that for my note4

Offline Belfong

« Reply #509 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 06:52:37 »

Offline Doyniish

• Good you
    • Power Hour Playlists
« Reply #510 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 07:22:58 »
Did anyone back the Next Keyboard?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/robjama/next-keyboard-the-perfect-keyboard-for-iphone

Wow they reached way above their goal, looks nice! I use the Flesky keyboard and I love it.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #511 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 07:26:04 »
I'm using nintype and I see a lot of similarity with Next. Just wondering if anyone used both and can comment.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #512 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 10:48:11 »
So this is a bit off topic, but it's related to iOS8 (or all of them) which came with iPhone 6.  ;)

Is there are way to clear all notifications at once?  I hate having to click that tiny 'x' for every one of my apps.  I like to be notified when things happen, but don't always want to tend to them right away - but then still want to know if more new things happen.  After some googling, it looks like this isn't possible, but I figured I'd ask anyway.   ^-^

And I cannot jailbreak.   :(

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #513 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 11:24:46 »
So this is a bit off topic, but it's related to iOS8 (or all of them) which came with iPhone 6.  ;)

Is there are way to clear all notifications at once?  I hate having to click that tiny 'x' for every one of my apps.  I like to be notified when things happen, but don't always want to tend to them right away - but then still want to know if more new things happen.  After some googling, it looks like this isn't possible, but I figured I'd ask anyway.   ^-^

Reset your phone to factory.  Then reinstall everything.  Killing flies with cannon, what I do all day!
I'm back.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #514 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 11:28:11 »

Welcome to iOS 8 :)
Apple has been pretty awesome at innovating in the notification area since the iPhone launched. So I wouldn't expect anything to be made easy or fixed at any point. If your curious about future updates, have a look at Android's OS from about 2 years ago. :)

Hope that helps :D

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #515 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 14:02:46 »

I allow some apps to notify on lock screen, and disable notifications more or less everywhere else.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline iri

« Reply #516 on: Sun, 18 January 2015, 05:40:50 »

Reset your phone to factory.  Then reinstall everything.
easier solution: sell the iphone, buy an android phone, clear all notifications at once by clicking the "clear notifications" icon.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #517 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 00:32:56 »

easier solution: sell the iphone, buy an android phone, clear all notifications at once by clicking the "clear notifications" icon.

And pay 4x as much because my employer won't subsidize the bill?  Nah.  (obviously you didn't know that bit - that's also why I can't jailbreak)

Offline iri

« Reply #518 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 03:35:56 »

And pay 4x as much because my employer won't subsidize the bill?  Nah.  (obviously you didn't know that bit - that's also why I can't jailbreak)
then just remember: Apple knows better what's good for you.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #519 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 03:44:16 »

Right!!!?????!!
#androidmasterrace

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #520 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 07:52:21 »

And this is pretty much the main thing that I hate about Apple (even though I have some of their stuff):  arrogant, mother-knows-best design philosophy. It's quite hilarious that their tag line is "Think Different".  Haha!
I'm back.

Offline iri

« Reply #521 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 08:00:13 »
oh yeah, "think different". i remember my previous job: a lot of useless people with the same macbooks and the same iphones. like an army of clones. if there was an iphone message receive sound, then half of the office would immediately pull out their devices. "think different", my ass. more like "be a part of the crowd".

-Ray Bradbury

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #522 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 08:11:05 »
Take the android circlejerk to an android thread, this is an iOS circlejerk and we're enjoying ourselves  :))

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline iri

« Reply #523 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 08:28:24 »
just give your hand a rest for a day!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #524 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 08:33:03 »
You know what I hate the most about Apple?
The people who proclaim to hate Apple, there business 'ethics' and anything else related to them are the worst **** ever. The people who come into threads (that are neither positive or negative) about Apple products, simply to mock them and the people who choose to use them.
I mean, it's pretty sad that people like that get so worked up about which brand of computer or phone someone else chooses to buy, but it's another thing to then go out and find those people, and then try to berate them in some desperate attempt to justify there own poor finical investments using any hint of negativity as some sort of leverage to push the idea that they did buy the right PC/phone, when deep down, they know they ****ed up, or simply couldn't afford what ever Apple product is the feature of the thread/conversation.

#thinkdifferent

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #525 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 08:43:57 »
The people who proclaim to hate Apple, there business 'ethics' and anything else related to them are the worst **** ever. The people who come into threads (that are neither positive or negative) about Apple products, simply to mock them and the people who choose to use them.
I mean, it's pretty sad that people like that get so worked up about which brand of computer or phone someone else chooses to buy, but it's another thing to then go out and find those people, and then try to berate them in some desperate attempt to justify there own poor finical investments using any hint of negativity as some sort of leverage to push the idea that they did buy the right PC/phone, when deep down, they know they ****ed up, or simply couldn't afford what ever Apple product is the feature of the thread/conversation.

#thinkdifferent

:confused:

Wait.  Do you hate Apple or love Apple?  I have no idea your stance on this anymore.  :))  I think you have an iPhone 6, unless that has changed, but I can't tell how sarcastic any of this is.   :-\

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #526 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 08:50:19 »

#thinkdifferent

:confused:

Wait.  Do you hate Apple or love Apple?  I have no idea your stance on this anymore.  :))  I think you have an iPhone 6, unless that has changed, but I can't tell how sarcastic any of this is.   :-\

hahaha (so some of that post worked I guess lol)
I have an iPhone 6 and have had iPhone's since the 4. Though I don't have a Mac nor want one and don't really have much of an opinion of Apple as a company other than moderate respect.

Offline iri

« Reply #527 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 08:53:20 »
i read this. where is my prize?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #528 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 11:06:28 »

#thinkdifferent

You tryna start sumpin?  I'm pretty sure I've posted plenty of info in this thread if you go back and read...
I'm back.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #529 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 11:28:44 »
Smartphone wars are the most pathetic waste of time and passion I can imagine.

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #530 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 11:39:32 »
Smartphone wars are the most pathetic waste of time and passion I can imagine.
It's like people work for these companies as active advertisers. I don't get it.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #531 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 11:48:20 »
It's worse. At least when somebody like Samsung or Apple mentions their competition, it's (semi) respectful, and usually just points out flaws in the product.

Phone fanatics just spit vitriol and bile and mock users of the other product (mainly Android users whining about iOS users, not so much the other way around in my experience).

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #532 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 11:51:09 »
It's worse. At least when somebody like Samsung or Apple mentions their competition, it's (semi) respectful, and usually just points out flaws in the product.

Phone fanatics just spit vitriol and bile and mock users of the other product (mainly Android users whining about iOS users, not so much the other way around in my experience).

Pretty much ANY kind of tech fanatics are annoying like that, including phone fanatics.  It's like their identity is wrapped up in what their tech flavor of the month is...
I'm back.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #533 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 11:53:17 »

Used to be the same about Windows and OS-X with Windows users talking the most ****. It's got nothing to do with the OS's, it's just anger at a company, and there is only anger because they make expensive mainstream stuff. Diffrent times same children.

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #534 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 12:35:53 »

Used to be the same about Windows and OS-X with Windows users talking the most ****. It's got nothing to do with the OS's, it's just anger at a company, and there is only anger because they make expensive mainstream stuff. Diffrent times same children.
Console wars!

Ugh. Honestly, I just use what fits what I need. I have an iPhone because I've found the OS way more usable (FOR ME! THIS IS AN OPINION!) than Android. I've done each iteration of Android (excluding the tablet-only Honeycomb) up to the current release and just not dug it too much. Seems like a messy room. It's got everything I want, but I have to dig around to find it. I can see how it would appeal to some, but it's just too cluttered and weird for me.

That said, I would like to try the new Windows phones, but the hardware seems a bit iffy in my anecdotal experience. A PM at my last company had one that exploded after one drop on the floor at work.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #535 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 12:41:10 »

Console wars!

Ugh. Honestly, I just use what fits what I need. I have an iPhone because I've found the OS way more usable (FOR ME! THIS IS AN OPINION!) than Android. I've done each iteration of Android (excluding the tablet-only Honeycomb) up to the current release and just not dug it too much. Seems like a messy room. It's got everything I want, but I have to dig around to find it. I can see how it would appeal to some, but it's just too cluttered and weird for me.

That said, I would like to try the new Windows phones, but the hardware seems a bit iffy in my anecdotal experience. A PM at my last company had one that exploded after one drop on the floor at work.

idk I feel like Nokia make the best looking handsets, but the OS puts me off becasue of the lack of apps and **** that I use... but we are a bit off topic now I guess

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #536 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 13:05:04 »
OPINION

wtf

what does this word mean

:-*

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #537 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 13:07:55 »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple

Offline iri

« Reply #539 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 13:50:35 »
OPINION

wtf

what does this word mean

:-*
i've heard that those are like heads because everyone has one

-Ray Bradbury

Offline viskin

« Reply #540 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 14:53:27 »
I am staying away from the 6 for now. I am too attached to the size of the 5S as well as being able to type with 1 hand and without looking. (driving and such  ;D)

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #541 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 15:04:41 »
idk I feel like Nokia make the best looking handsets, but the OS puts me off becasue of the lack of apps and **** that I use... but we are a bit off topic now I guess

its ok, you won't have this problem anymore as nokia's out of the handheld phone business.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #542 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 15:16:10 »

its ok, you won't have this problem anymore as nokia's out of the handheld phone business.

nahh they just changed there name

Offline Belfong

« Reply #543 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 23:53:47 »
I love my iPhone. Have been using one since iPhone 3. Fortunately I don't have to convince anyone or no one tried to convince me to change camp. I find these comparison pointless. Just let me enjoy my phone and app. When Android users asked me to swap, which are very rare, but it happened and all I said is I'm too heavily invested in the quality apps so no point changing. No one can contest that :)

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #544 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 06:59:46 »
So, what are the rumors of the iPhone 7?
I'm back.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #545 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 07:07:53 »
I love my iPhone. Have been using one since iPhone 3. Fortunately I don't have to convince anyone or no one tried to convince me to change camp. I find these comparison pointless. Just let me enjoy my phone and app. When Android users asked me to swap, which are very rare, but it happened and all I said is I'm too heavily invested in the quality apps so no point changing. No one can contest that :)

I contest it..  All mobile apps SUCK.. I h8 using anything that doesn't have a 30" screen and a keyboard+ mouse..

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #546 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 07:12:02 »
Ok mates I don't know if this helps anyone else but I did the ****ing work and I paid the ****ing coins.
If you want a proper feature wise replacement for VLC on iOS get 'Goodplayer' it's not cheap but it works. The UI is pretty **** but it's not difficult to learn and is so god damn helpful. Let's you want pretty much any video file, let's you watch streams of you have the URL (works for twitch archive footage too) and it will download files for you and then play them back. **** is ****ing money.
Just managed to download and watch all of Destiny's stream from last night while at work in all the HD's downloaded from Twitch.

Bit of an edge case i know but for all you bro's out there trying to find something in the cesspool of the ios AppStore I'm here to try and help you out.

#thinkdiffrent

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #547 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 07:13:19 »
Dat post auto corrected by iOS

#typediffrent

>Also getting stuff refunded isn't an easy process, I've no idea how your suppose to do it via your iPhone... but to do it on the desktop you have to go into itunes, go to your acc and purchase history and report a problem on the app/thing u dont want anymore. Then it opens a webpage, you login and then have to select a reason.. at the bottom of the list is the reason "I don't want this anymore" and bingo you're done.
Why they had to burry that and provide no obvious way idk...
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 January 2015, 08:27:15 by baldgye »

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #548 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 09:21:05 »

nahh they just changed there name

nokia sold their phone division to microsoft back in sept.  they can't license any phones for 30 months and can't make mobile devices until 2015.
anyway neither here or there.  im personally just sad such an iconic brand disappeared =(

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #549 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 04:46:51 »
Yo peoeples anyone know of a good windows program that will be able to open your iphone and display all your pictures in a format that makes sense and so I don't have to trawl through 44 folders in order to find the picture I took yesterday??