Author Topic: GTA V GH thread - let's murder together!  (Read 20575 times)

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
Re: GTA V GH thread - let's murder together!
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 06:59:24 »
Have to say, I kinda love playing the MP in full first person, its like playing DayZ with all the jankieness haha
ADS is the best thing ever!!! Playing gta and getting to use sights is just too awesome... now if I could get these plebs to turn off aim assist :/
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 07:02:18 »
Have to say, I kinda love playing the MP in full first person, its like playing DayZ with all the jankieness haha
ADS is the best thing ever!!! Playing gta and getting to use sights is just too awesome... now if I could get these plebs to turn off aim assist :/

how do you even turn it on? I'm using a controller and need some help vs mouse guys haha

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 07:05:06 »

how do you even turn it on? I'm using a controller and need some help vs mouse guys haha
In the controller settings I believe... I'll check again and find it.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 07:11:56 »

In the controller settings I believe... I'll check again and find it.

maybe it's locked for online? It was there but grayed out

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 11:34:11 »
Playing this game on keyboard and mouse with a 60% is tough lol I had to remap all the flying controls because I never have a keypad  :))

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 11:36:35 »
Playing this game on keyboard and mouse with a 60% is tough lol I had to remap all the flying controls because I never have a keypad  :))
I played the first couple days on a 60%. Had to switch to the 87U and remap controls for flying. I wish Rockstar would separate keys based on activities being performed, it would make remapping so much easier.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 11:39:29 »
I played the first couple days on a 60%. Had to switch to the 87U and remap controls for flying. I wish Rockstar would separate keys based on activities being performed, it would make remapping so much easier.

I had to switch over to my octagon. I just remapped a layer with a regular layout ( I always use ctrl on capslock) and then I remapped the flying controls to the "IJKL cluster. It works decently well.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 12:21:24 »
Flying: controller...everything else: kb/m. I just spent like 30 minutes crashing trying to control the plane with kb/m on one of the trevor missions...as soon as I plugged in the controller, it took me 1 try.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 18:20:26 »
just picked up gta5. r u guys ready to die and stuff
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 20:54:34 »
Flying: controller...everything else: kb/m. I just spent like 30 minutes crashing trying to control the plane with kb/m on one of the trevor missions...as soon as I plugged in the controller, it took me 1 try.
With it's seamless input switching it sounds like it wouldn't be too bad to do.

Hopefully by the time I get a pc up and running we should have mods and all that good stuff.  :thumb:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 07:14:21 »
My PC can't run it... I've tried for 2 days... Can't nail down 60fps on a single 7970 even @ 1200p with decent graphics..

The Shadow kills my FPS..

sigh.. I even convinced myself to spend the real-bux on the game if I could get it to work right..

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 07:51:18 »
That's weird TP, I'm running GTAV on one R9 290, which isn't that far ahead of a 7970, on 5760x1080 with a solid 60fps. All settings high with some on very high but only FXAA and tessellation set to normal. I have the advanced graphics turned off except for the distance setting, which is about three quarters.

Maybe it's a driver thing? AMDs newest drivers still kinda suck, CrossFire still isn't working for me. A bt disappointing, because i could probably be maxing it (without MSAA ofc) if both cards didn't cause the game to stutter.

I also heard the active music scan thing was causing some peoples games to stutter, maybe look into that?

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock
Leeku G80-1800 (build in progress)

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #62 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 07:55:54 »
just picked up gta5. r u guys ready to die and stuff
already ded bro

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 07:58:31 »
So tonight I decided to just follow some cops that were chasing a bad guy. They wound up at that tunnel near the airforce base where they shot the dude in the middle of the freeway causing mass panic and a huge pile up. After a while some cars started to catch fire from all the panic bumping going on, and eventually one explode. I proceeded to camp out on the side of a cliff and watch for nearly 12 minutes as car after truck after car exploded killing easily 60+ npc's. The just kept coming, barreling down the freeway into the carnage and inferno. I didn't do anything but follow out of sheer curiosity all the way from Vinewood, never fired a shot nor bumped a vehicle, but boy was the end show worth it. It's moments like these the give me a constant new found respect for this game.  :-*

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #64 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 08:04:24 »
So tonight I decided to just follow some cops that were chasing a bad guy. They wound up at that tunnel near the airforce base where they shot the dude in the middle of the freeway causing mass panic and a huge pile up. After a while some cars started to catch fire from all the panic bumping going on, and eventually one explode. I proceeded to camp out on the side of a cliff and watch for nearly 12 minutes as car after truck after car exploded killing easily 60+ npc's. The just kept coming, barreling down the freeway into the carnage and inferno. I didn't do anything but follow out of sheer curiosity all the way from Vinewood, never fired a shot nor bumped a vehicle, but boy was the end show worth it. It's moments like these the give me a constant new found respect for this game.  :-*
lol, I've been doing this a lot... it's amazing how much crap the npc's get into on their own!!!

The last one was two guys arguing on the street corner... One swings a massive hay maker and misses... Other guys pulls out a pistol, shoots the other in the face and walks into traffic just to get blasted by a SUV...
So good!!!

Also, I need an oculus for this game!!! Would be legit!!!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #65 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 08:14:35 »
That's weird TP, I'm running GTAV on one R9 290, which isn't that far ahead of a 7970, on 5760x1080 with a solid 60fps. All settings high with some on very high but only FXAA and tessellation set to normal. I have the advanced graphics turned off except for the distance setting, which is about three quarters.

Maybe it's a driver thing? AMDs newest drivers still kinda suck, CrossFire still isn't working for me. A bt disappointing, because i could probably be maxing it (without MSAA ofc) if both cards didn't cause the game to stutter.

I also heard the active music scan thing was causing some peoples games to stutter, maybe look into that?

R290 is at least twice as fast as my 7970..

You big showoff..  !!! 

you got 2x as many ROPs ontop of m0re bandwidths / shaderz / texture units.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 11:34:45 »
I want to see this game run at 4k with SLI titan X's...  :cool: When mods eventually come out people are going to need that 12gb of Vram...  :))

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #67 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 11:57:45 »
My PC can't run it... I've tried for 2 days... Can't nail down 60fps on a single 7970 even @ 1200p with decent graphics..

The Shadow kills my FPS..

sigh.. I even convinced myself to spend the real-bux on the game if I could get it to work right..

Show Image

Up until last night, I have been able to get 60 fps, on my 280X @ 1440p without issue. For some reason last night, I started to drop frames like a madman. It was completely unplayable. Hopefully it was just and issue with the game, and will work better tonight.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 12:25:07 »

You big showoff..  !!! 
Show Image

Time to upgrade your GPU TP4!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 15:03:53 »
Eugh, just thought that I've been getting bad headaches the last few days, kinda coincides with me starting playing GTA... The lag when driving round sucks, but the rest is fine. Apparently all my drivers are up to date and its a real pain in the ass...
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 15:09:58 »
Eugh, just thought that I've been getting bad headaches the last few days, kinda coincides with me starting playing GTA... The lag when driving round sucks, but the rest is fine. Apparently all my drivers are up to date and its a real pain in the ass...

Yeah what really annoys me is when you drive too fast and the terrain can't load quick enough.. Have to stop the car for a minute or two while the environment renders.  :(

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 15:41:58 »

Yeah what really annoys me is when you drive too fast and the terrain can't load quick enough.. Have to stop the car for a minute or two while the environment renders.  :(

i am glad this isn't only me. u have no idea how relieved i am
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 16:12:33 »

i am glad this isn't only me. u have no idea how relieved i am

Hmmm. I don't think relieved is the word... :(

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #73 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 05:27:49 »

You big showoff..  !!! 
Show Image

Maybe I was off, but I upgraded from 7950s and it didn't seem like a double performance jump. It kind of felt like I threw money down the drain a bit really.  :)) They are nice cards though, besides the hair dryer reference coolers on mine..

I didn't mean to brag TP, but now that I read it again I see how it could come off like that.  :))

7970 is still a pretty strong card. Maybe you could pick up a second off of eBay on the cheap, to hold off buying a brand new card for awhile longer? I see a few on there around the $150CAD mark. Ofc, that only works if AMD gets their crap together with these Xfire drivers for GTA V, because mine don't work at all. Maybe they're working better for others though. Generally, I've had a good experience with Crossfire so I think they just dropped the ball on these drivers.

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #74 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 08:42:11 »

You big showoff..  !!! 
Show Image

Maybe I was off, but I upgraded from 7950s and it didn't seem like a double performance jump. It kind of felt like I threw money down the drain a bit really.  :)) They are nice cards though, besides the hair dryer reference coolers on mine..

I didn't mean to brag TP, but now that I read it again I see how it could come off like that.  :))

7970 is still a pretty strong card. Maybe you could pick up a second off of eBay on the cheap, to hold off buying a brand new card for awhile longer? I see a few on there around the $150CAD mark. Ofc, that only works if AMD gets their crap together with these Xfire drivers for GTA V, because mine don't work at all. Maybe they're working better for others though. Generally, I've had a good experience with Crossfire so I think they just dropped the ball on these drivers.

Twice as powerful doesn't necessarily mean double the FPS. hahahaha..  though some people may use the lingo that way.

I've wanted to upgrade for a long time.. but so far, this is the only game I want to play.. Not so sure I could justify it.. hrmm........ 

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #75 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 16:48:20 »
do you guys think i can run this one 780ti kingpin?

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #76 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 16:49:12 »

What resolution? But the answer is yes of course you can run it lol. The real question is can you max out the settings? That answer would be no.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #77 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 16:53:36 »
I have a 660 and I run it really well

Offline Zeroo

« Reply #78 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 10:18:28 »
I've been playing with 2 of my friends last night, it's quite good fun to drive around , robbing stores and trying to get away from the police.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 12:23:50 »
Beta drivers installed, lots of settings turned off, it's now bearable. Having a lot of fun.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 21:12:28 »
Hmm, maybe multiplayer will work with friends now. Guess I'll test it out this weekend :thumb:
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #81 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 05:04:29 »
Downloading @9MB/S coming at you live *****es.

Also, add me on Steam. Stylish Heavy - JaccoW
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #82 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 05:17:25 »
ahhh I want to join you guys so badly, I never have anyone to play games like this with. Unfortunately aside from being a little too poor to buy GTA V  (damn it's pricey) my GPU seems to be on it's way out getting vertical screen lines followed by shutdown when I work it a little  :'( It's an old 5870 which has served me so well, new GPUs are just too expensive here at the moment. Exchange rate has gone to **** :(

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #83 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 20:03:31 »
So the iFruit mobile app was just updated with PC compatibility. You can create custom license plates, train Chop with new tricks, and get discounts on the Lifeinvader sites. It's just a cool little integration with the game. I was pairing that with the on-call job feature for GTA Online so I was browsing LI pages and got a call for a robbery job irl, it was kinda cool  :cool:

Can't seem to train Chop for **** though. Everything I do is apparently upsetting to him because he was at 0 happiness after 5 minutes of meeting me :(

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #84 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 21:54:38 »
Did the prison break heist today, or at least finished it. Although, with whatever they did recently, it ****ed up my game and my framerate is choppy now sometimes :C

Offline TheGreatAntlers

« Reply #85 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 22:02:00 »
Id love to stomp on some fools with yall!! Find me @TheGreatAntlers
Ayy Lmao

WTB/T: Dollys, Conspires, Ribbits, anything purple, coffee gear

WTS/T: Longboarding gear

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #86 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 22:03:22 »
Did the prison break heist today, or at least finished it. Although, with whatever they did recently, it ****ed up my game and my framerate is choppy now sometimes :C
same here... even in the apt. it gets choppy... hopefully that get sorted soon!!!

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #87 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 22:15:02 »
same here... even in the apt. it gets choppy... hopefully that get sorted soon!!!

I was running into these issues up until recently.  I update my drivers to the newest AMD beta drivers and haven't had any problems since.  So either that fixed it, or I just had bad connections in the past.  Who knows.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #88 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 09:27:59 »
I think my GTX 460 has met its match.

It runs just fine speed wise on the lowest setting (which still looks pretty good btw) but the 1GB of Vram makes the card, and my entire system, crash.
The MSI GTX960 4GB looks like a good and affordable match to my C2Q Q9550.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #89 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 10:50:17 »

It runs just fine speed wise on the lowest setting (which still looks pretty good btw) but the 1GB of Vram makes the card, and my entire system, crash.

This game is a vram ****. I have 3gb on my 780s and it is no where near enough...

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #90 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 16:13:27 »

This game is a vram ****. I have 3gb on my 780s and it is no where near enough...

Agreed. I'm running fairly smoothly with high settings and only a 560ti, but also am running 20GB + the 4GB of vram on my card. Never had any draw distance issues/ loading in new areas, just unable to bump my overall settings any higher without my rig bursting into flames.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #91 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 04:12:53 »
So the iFruit mobile app was just updated with PC compatibility. You can create custom license plates, train Chop with new tricks, and get discounts on the Lifeinvader sites. It's just a cool little integration with the game. I was pairing that with the on-call job feature for GTA Online so I was browsing LI pages and got a call for a robbery job irl, it was kinda cool  :cool:

Can't seem to train Chop for **** though. Everything I do is apparently upsetting to him because he was at 0 happiness after 5 minutes of meeting me :(

I've created a couple of personalised plates but I can't for the life of me get them to transfer over to the game. Are they for GTAO or the single player?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #92 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 04:48:44 »

Agreed. I'm running fairly smoothly with high settings and only a 560ti, but also am running 20GB + the 4GB of vram on my card. Never had any draw distance issues/ loading in new areas, just unable to bump my overall settings any higher without my rig bursting into flames.

TIL, Noisyturtle hasn't actually played GTA V..  560ti..

Don't worry turtle,  Tp4 also can't play GTA V.

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #93 on: Sun, 26 April 2015, 01:56:41 »

Currently 3GB of 60GB, don't think I can play today since later all are awake :-X

[edit] GO FASTER:

[edit] 50 minutes to go:

« Last Edit: Sun, 26 April 2015, 02:10:17 by madhias »
... ...

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #94 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 05:41:16 »
Successful Landing

Full Album Here
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 April 2015, 05:47:07 by Karura »

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline Zeroo

« Reply #95 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 05:56:04 »
Did the first heist yesterday, can't skip the cutscene if you'd like to but the ones with Lester do have some funny bits :p

Offline Alpsie

« Reply #96 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 06:10:54 »
The game is running perfect for me.
Sadly I can´t say the same about the online part. I´m unable to get friends/crew members to join me,  even after forwarding ports, disabling firewalls, setting my machine to DMZ in the router, enabling/disabling UPNP. My brother got the same issue, only difference is I use an asus RT-N56U and he uses a netgear 2000 router. We got the same net provider.

We can join each other if I bring my pc to his place, but other people still cant join..

Only thing that work is hooking up directly to my modem (it don't have a router build in)

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #97 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 05:08:59 »
Tried to start up GTA today, and it suddenly decided it doesn't want to work. It was fine the last time I booted it up, and I haven't changed anything about my system, so I don't know what's up.  :))

I get 'GTAV.exe has stopped working' about 5 seconds in to launch no matter what I do. Repairing the install and a few other things didn't work.

Has anyone else had this issue, and has anyone found anything to solve it?

I opened a ticket with R*, but who knows if they will ever get back to me.

Boards:

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #98 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 05:30:32 »
So far it performs not bad at all, I am playing with an i7-2600K and an AMD 6950 with 2GB of video RAM. I thought of getting a GTX 970, but I rather spend the money on caps&boards :)
... ...

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #99 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 08:31:43 »
Been hard at work tracking down all the Leonora Johnson murderer letters and peyote plants, no time for multiplayer till I'm done :P