Author Topic: CM Storm QFR: Replacement Top Covers IN STOCK @ CM Store  (Read 20734 times)

Offline gigibecali

Re: CM Storm QFR: Replacement Top Covers IN STOCK @ CM Store
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 19 February 2013, 04:33:16 »
That's just great.
Let us all pay for those who messed up so big.
It can be called aftermarket, I guess.
As it turns out, you should at least give them a bonus. They deserve it.

gigi what are you referring to?

I'm so puzzled as to why would people enthusiastically pay to replace a graffiti case made by the same company.
This business model just baffles me.

IBM M - UK  |  QFR reds  |  QFR blacks  |  HPE 87 browns  |  HPE 87 blues

Offline kboardvintage

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 19 February 2013, 04:38:58 »
Still no word on EU availability? Even if I'd be fine with paying the US -> Norway shipping costs the store won't let me order from outside of NA, so I'd have to get a proxy for it. Might as well try getting a second hand one.

Same here...I d love to get one but I need a US proxy.

Offline aviphysics

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 19 February 2013, 10:54:32 »
Oh and as for a painting guide........I can look into this.
We work with a lot of modders and getting their feedback will be crucial to us creating a guide since we want it done from the experts.

Perhaps instead of selling lots of colors, you could just sell a paint ready model. Something that is primed and ready for the end user to spray paint or whatever. Maybe put up a nice tutorial video on how to get the best results
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 February 2013, 10:56:34 by aviphysics »

Offline CM-Rajiv

• CM Storm Rep
  • * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 19 February 2013, 10:56:05 »
That's just great.

I'm so puzzled as to why would people enthusiastically pay to replace a graffiti case made by the same company.

To answer your question, this is to help customers with existing units to replace without purchasing a brand new keyboard. All future keyboards will have the branding removed.  Having our products with logos and branding was not a mistake... we just listened to feedback and offered an alternative to purchasing the new keyboards.
Cooler Master USA - CM Storm Marketing Team - [CM Storm Trigger CherryMX Green Switch]

Offline gigibecali

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 19 February 2013, 16:13:50 »
That's just great.

To answer your question, this is to help customers with existing units to replace without purchasing a brand new keyboard. All future keyboards will have the branding removed.  Having our products with logos and branding was not a mistake... we just listened to feedback and offered an alternative to purchasing the new keyboards.

There's only one way I could ever forgive you:

do a mechanically very good aluminium case (bottom+front),
use buried screws, like men,
price it so that you won't get rich overnight and
refrain from using logos.

Offline tauburn

« Reply #55 on: Tue, 19 February 2013, 17:07:58 »
That's just great.

There's only one way I could ever forgive you:

this.

Offline cgbuen

• cgbuen.io
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 19 February 2013, 21:07:39 »
Just got mine today. The little tool is awesome!

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 19 February 2013, 21:32:12 »

You kidding me? Metal cases are for a very niche market because the cost associated with it. It's not something that is meant for mass production of mainstream products, which is what CM is mainly going for. You want a keyboard with metal case, then look into the Korean keyboards with a $400 price tag. You want something, pay for it... like men.

lol I don't think CM needs your forgiving.

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 19 February 2013, 22:34:22 »

You kidding me? Metal cases are for a very niche market because the cost associated with it. It's not something that is meant for mass production of mainstream products, which is what CM is mainly going for. You want a keyboard with metal case, then look into the Korean keyboards with a $400 price tag. You want something, pay for it... like men.

Yes, I can totally see CM bending over backwards to appease a tiny handful of people with utterly insane demands and zero manufacturing experience.
And obviously based on their sales volume they totally need the forgiveness of said same group. I mean it's not like they're selling keyboards by the thousands to everybody and their cousin, right?

But hey, there isn't a single business out there that doesn't want to lose money catering to a few people who make insane demands and then whine about the price and refuse to buy it if and when they are met, right?
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline karljs

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 01:06:46 »
That's just great.

I gladly ordered two despite already having the "unbranded" cases, because it means I can try painting and modifying them without fear of destroying my whole case.

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 01:38:07 »
I gladly ordered two despite already having the "unbranded" cases, because it means I can try painting and modifying them without fear of destroying my whole case.

I'm still debating. The gray stock case matches the GoW set I got from T really well. Much better than I thought it would. Like spot on matches. And I definitely don't want white.
Might buy a keyboard and case and build a Wyse special to sell though. (The DCS profile keycaps actually are very comfortable on the QFR. Just don't match it so well.)
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline gigibecali

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 03:48:38 »

Yes, I can totally see CM bending over backwards to appease a tiny handful of people with utterly insane demands and zero manufacturing experience.
And obviously based on their sales volume they totally need the forgiveness of said same group. I mean it's not like they're selling keyboards by the thousands to everybody and their cousin, right?

But hey, there isn't a single business out there that doesn't want to lose money catering to a few people who make insane demands and then whine about the price and refuse to buy it if and when they are met, right?

Good for you. The economy needs spin. Especially Asian.
Ofc I'm just one individual to please, just like you. If something doesn't please me (and don't care enough) I just look elsewhere, like men.
"Insane" is a misplaced term here. Goods are just goods. Paying 20$ for a top cover which undoes a mistake may look insane to some though. (And yes, I'm very well aware that value is not price.)
I wonder when... say Corsair... will have a Kxyz model with an full aluminium case.
The niche will be broken and world will shatter into pieces.

Offline AriesX

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 04:28:54 »
Ofc I'm just one individual to please, just like you. If something doesn't please me (and don't care enough) I just look elsewhere, like men.
"Insane" is a misplaced term here. Goods are just goods. Paying 20$ for a top cover which undoes a mistake may look insane to some though. (And yes, I'm very well aware that value is not price.)
I wonder when... say Corsair... will have a Kxyz model with an full aluminium case.

kyxz model? whats that?

Offline aviphysics

« Reply #63 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 11:04:21 »

Corsair has an aluminum case Cherry MX Red keybaord if that is what you are after
http://www.corsair.com/us/gaming-peripherals/gaming-keyboards/vengeance-k60-performance-fps-mechanical-gaming-keyboard.html

Personally, I don't see why you are so upset at CM. It isn't like they sent unbranded cases to reviewers and tricked people into buying the branded ones. When people complained, they changed the stock case and keys and offered unbranded cases for people who knowingly bought branded ones.

Offline CM-Rajiv

• CM Storm Rep
  • * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 12:24:03 »

For the record, there are a lot of people who don't mind the branding, compared to those that disliked it.
I'm sure as market demand grows for mechanical keyboards, companies will be more willing to risk going into niche models.

Cooler Master USA - CM Storm Marketing Team - [CM Storm Trigger CherryMX Green Switch]

Offline tauburn

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 12:26:09 »

For the record, there are a lot of people who don't mind the branding, compared to those that disliked it.
I'm sure as market demand grows for mechanical keyboards, companies will be more willing to risk going into niche models.

WE WANT THE RAZER AUDIENCE

Offline gigibecali

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 13:00:10 »
gigibecali  :-[

Dis' guy is OBSESSED with MEN

ummm... yeah... sure... you know I am :)

Offline Fixall

« Reply #68 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 04:40:09 »
These are on sale at the CMStorm online store for $10 right now and I was giving some thought to ordering one...  Until I noticed the cheapest shipping option was $11.  It's a little rough when we're being charged more for shipping than the cost of the product.  :/

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #69 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 11:16:56 »
These are on sale at the CMStorm online store for $10 right now and I was giving some thought to ordering one...  Until I noticed the cheapest shipping option was $11.  It's a little rough when we're being charged more for shipping than the cost of the product.  :/

That's why you buy 4 of them then it's not so bad!

Offline turtle

« Reply #70 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 11:46:53 »

^^ Agreed. I was about to order one or possibly two but shipping is just too much >.<

Offline Kiraaaa

« Reply #71 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 20:05:21 »
So these are rubber coated or no?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #72 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 20:11:33 »

Yes.  The color is very thin rubbery coating over black plastic.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #73 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 20:18:20 »
Are there any updates on when CM may sell a white replacement case?

Offline shadewolf

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #74 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 20:28:26 »

Yes.  The color is very thin rubbery coating over black plastic.

Yeah, the corners of mine started to wear off with normal usage. Pretty disappointing :(

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #75 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 20:30:01 »
See I don't know how people manage to scuff up the sides of their keyboards :(  Do you carry yours around?  Nothing's ever touching the sides of my keyboard when it's on my desk.  A mousepad on the right side, some distance away... and that's it.

Offline khaangaaroo

« Reply #76 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 20:51:29 »
The ones I keep on my desk look like new as well. But the one I carried in my backpack (inside the padded laptop sleeve compartment) showed wear on the corners after two or three trips to work. If I take them anywhere now, I put them inside the foam sleeve, back inside the original packaging, and toss the entire box in my backpack.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 20:54:09 »
Yeah, but the person above me said "with normal usage", which generally implies sitting on the desk.  I understand about carrying a keyboard around will result in cosmetic damage, but I definitely see people remarking that keyboards get scuffed while just sitting on their desks (mostly on OCN).

Edit in response to below: piles of stuff around the keyboard?
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 July 2013, 20:55:40 by Photoelectric »

Offline shadewolf

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 20:54:53 »
I really don't know how they got scuffed up. It was my work board, and never left my desk...going to sell it soon anyways as its been replaced with a Filco, but it was annoying to see scuffs after a couple of weeks and knowing that I wasn't rough with it.

Offline turtle

« Reply #79 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 15:18:28 »
Do you guys know any coupons code or anything to save on the shipping on the cover? Shipping is just as much as the cover.. That's just crazy.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 15:22:36 »
Do you guys know any coupons code or anything to save on the shipping on the cover? Shipping is just as much as the cover.. That's just crazy.

What would you consider to be a fair price for one cover shipped?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #81 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 15:37:30 »
You can get it shipped via USPS Priority mail for $6.51 in a nice box with plenty of bubble wrap.  The weight can easily be just under 1lb altogether.  (I know because I just shipped one of those covers--painted).  Businesses probably get better shipping discounts, so they should probably be able to ship it for around $5?  I don't know if they get any bulk deals.

Offline turtle

« Reply #82 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 16:37:17 »
$6.51 seems fair... But shipping a piece of light plastic, business discount, and shipping domestic that cost more than the product isn't.

Offline turtle

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 17:00:34 »
$6.51 seems fair... But shipping a piece of light plastic, business discount on shipping , and shipping domestic that cost more than the product isn't. I was willing to order 2 and even 3 if I can get any coupon codes to work but failed >.<

Offline suparnemo

« Reply #84 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 23:20:21 »
You can get it shipped via USPS Priority mail for $6.51 in a nice box with plenty of bubble wrap.  The weight can easily be just under 1lb altogether.  (I know because I just shipped one of those covers--painted).  Businesses probably get better shipping discounts, so they should probably be able to ship it for around $5?  I don't know if they get any bulk deals.

Shipping is over $10 for me here in Texas for whatever reason. It's what's been putting me off from ordering one.

Offline khaangaaroo

« Reply #85 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 00:55:45 »
I just did some weighing...

top cover: 2.8oz
empty QFR box: 9.4oz
top cover inside a QFR box: 12.2oz

Being under 13oz, it qualifies for First-Class mail, which would be a flat rate in the U.S. based on weight, regardless of distance.
Cost would be $3.77 for a 13oz First-Class Parcel at the post office. I could be even cheaper if a lighter box is used, or if shipping label is paid and printed at home.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #86 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 07:44:40 »
I just did some weighing...

top cover: 2.8oz
empty QFR box: 9.4oz
top cover inside a QFR box: 12.2oz

Being under 13oz, it qualifies for First-Class mail, which would be a flat rate in the U.S. based on weight, regardless of distance.
Cost would be $3.77 for a 13oz First-Class Parcel at the post office. I could be even cheaper if a lighter box is used, or if shipping label is paid and printed at home.

Does the box size not matter when calculating shipping??

Offline turtle

« Reply #87 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 11:10:14 »
I hope Rajiv can help and give a fair shipping. Only thing holding me back from ordering it

Offline suparnemo

« Reply #88 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 11:40:55 »
I hope Rajiv can help and give a fair shipping. Only thing holding me back from ordering it

I think I'm going to pass unless shipping is cheaper as well. I don't want to pay more for the shipping than the cost of the actual product.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #89 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 11:45:54 »
How much total would you guys be looking to pay for these including shipping??

I've got 4 of them sitting at home brand new unopened in a box from coolermaster.

Offline turtle

« Reply #90 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 13:42:07 »

I've got 4 of them sitting at home brand new unopened in a box from coolermaster.

If you got a black one I'd grab it off you and pay 5 for shipping. Lmk!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #91 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 13:49:05 »

So your offering $10 + $5 shipping right?

Offline suparnemo

« Reply #92 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 13:58:17 »

So your offering $10 + $5 shipping right?

If you've got a second black one I could do the same. I'm considering another keyboard though, and If I end up selling this one to the person who is interested I may have to pass though.

Offline turtle

« Reply #93 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 14:01:10 »
Yes, $15 shipped conus for the black qfr top cover.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #94 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 14:11:02 »
Yes, $15 shipped conus for the black qfr top cover.

Ok I'll think about it.

Offline turtle

« Reply #95 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 14:31:34 »
-____- you got four! Can't hook a brother up?! Smh

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #96 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 14:33:43 »

To be fair, its not like hes making much if anything if it sells it like that.
GON NS 87 62g clears, QFR 62g clears, Pure 65g blues, HHKB Pro II

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #97 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 14:36:44 »

I figure they costs me about $13 a piece divided out amongst the 4 when you factor in shipping.

And I'm still undecided what I want to do with them. My plan was to sacrifice them for keyboard science to get a decent top to go with my phantom.

Offline turtle

« Reply #98 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 14:39:38 »

To be fair, I thought this is a community that brings enthusiast keyboards like us together and help one another out. I didn't know everything revolves on making a profit.

Offline turtle

« Reply #99 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 14:40:59 »

I figure they costs me about $13 a piece divided out amongst the 4 when you factor in shipping.

And I'm still undecided what I want to do with them. My plan was to sacrifice them for keyboard science to get a decent top to go with my phantom.

No problem=] shoot me a pm if you decide to let it go. Thanks for the opportunity!