Author Topic: Scrap Metal or...  (Read 1365 times)

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
Scrap Metal or...
« on: Fri, 10 October 2014, 11:07:26 »
I replaced my garage door openers and have these left over. I can not confirm they work. Worth something or should I just take the screws out and convince the city to take them?

Offline RED-404

Re: Scrap Metal or...
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 10 October 2014, 11:11:33 »
Looks like parts for a big ass 3d printer to me.  ;D

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 10 October 2014, 11:18:33 »
make a fancy thing out of it
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 10 October 2014, 11:47:26 »
even if you can get it to do something else..

these are notorious for having cracked gearboxes down the line..  because it's all plastic housing around the transfer..

the mother is worth playing with..  but do not under any circumstances include the gearbox into your designs.. it'll just fail, and they cost $40 to replace, and will probably fail really soon.

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 10 October 2014, 11:55:41 »
I see, not a clue what to do with this. Just think about taking it apart.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 10 October 2014, 12:44:19 »
Scrap metal.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 10 October 2014, 12:58:14 »
KEEP THEM IN THE PASSENGER SEAT OF YOUR CAR. NEXT TIME SOMEBODY CUTS YOU OFF ON THE ROAD, YOU CAN CLOBBER THEM IN THE HEAD WITH A GARAGE DOOR OPENER.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 10 October 2014, 14:56:20 »
Nice ideas but I was thinking more conventional and probably impossible, like a lamp. So I took it apart and noticed that the light part still works but only comes on after about 12 seconds after I plug it in  and then turns off. The only way I know to cut it back on is to replug. This is way out of my expertise but I know someone out there is a pro electric hero that can tell me if it's possible to constantly have the light on. Maybe even set up a motion light on etc. Thoughts? Or am I just a drifting dreamer?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 10 October 2014, 15:31:15 »
is that gearbox metal or plastic..  if it's metal.. you can totally use this to make stuff... like mail box door opener..