Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4217873 times)

Offline the_fascist

Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #24000 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 03:26:32 »
A serious lack of Topre innovation.  I know it's not the most popular type of board, but we're incredibly limited in choices and layouts.  Does a Topre TKL even exist?  I wish custom build topre was a thing.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #24001 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 03:31:02 »
A serious lack of Topre innovation.  I know it's not the most popular type of board, but we're incredibly limited in choices and layouts.  Does a Topre TKL even exist?  I wish custom build topre was a thing.

Bothers me too...

It's an incredibly difficult platform, especially the HHKB. It's like whoever designed them made them difficult for the exact reason.

Hopefully custom layouts etc will be possible later this year ^-^

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #24002 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 07:49:07 »

Not sure if I'm missing some bizarre sarcasm here but Topre exists in many different layouts including TKL.

I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #24003 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 10:49:09 »

Bothers me too...

It's an incredibly difficult platform, especially the HHKB. It's like whoever designed them made them difficult for the exact reason.

Probably have to be more accurate about what's going on.

The keyboard has not changed much since the type writer.

It's still got most of the keys in the same place and arrangement.

We can apply more engineering to it, but there are no tasks in the general computing-scape which "Require" additional performance and features.

So, if anyone says, there's a lack of innovation, given that innovation "in this sector" is not a demand,   They are REALLY saying,  "I WANT TO SPEND MONEY",  "GIVE US MORE POKEMONS to COLLECT"..

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #24004 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 12:37:46 »

Bothers me too...

We can apply more engineering to it, but there are no tasks in the general computing-scape which "Require" additional performance and features.

So, if anyone says, there's a lack of innovation, given that innovation "in this sector" is not a demand,   They are REALLY saying,  "I WANT TO SPEND MONEY",  "GIVE US MORE POKEMONS to COLLECT"..

That demand will be smaller than its mx counterpart, sure, but it does exist, right? The popularity of the norbatouch/norbaforce, BKE domes and any topre mods hints at the demand for innovation in the topre sphere. mgsickler talking about funding molds for thick doubleshot topre keycaps is very exciting to me and I don't even own a topre. I love that people are invested in expanding our possibilities!

Gotta catch 'em all! That used to be my thoughts on endgame, having a nice board with each of the major switch types. Mx, BS, Alps and Topre

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #24005 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 14:06:28 »
I'm still on the five year climb; searching for a second part-time job, catching up on scripting languages, and adjusting my public appearance. The feels like I'm re-living my twenties as I'm finding new ways to fuel the new obsessions.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24006 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 15:10:08 »

[/size][/color]

That demand will be smaller than its mx counterpart, sure, but it does exist, right? The popularity of the norbatouch/norbaforce, BKE domes and any topre mods hints at the demand for innovation in the topre sphere. mgsickler talking about funding molds for thick doubleshot topre keycaps is very exciting to me and I don't even own a topre. I love that people are invested in expanding our possibilities!

Gotta catch 'em all! That used to be my thoughts on endgame, having a nice board with each of the major switch types. Mx, BS, Alps and Topre

My point is not that there is <No Demand at ALL>

It is merely to clarify <WHAT> the demand actually entails..

In this case,  The people on gekhak are demanding pokemons to collect,   

There is no one here limited by the performance and UTILIZATION of their existing keyboards.

You can keep engineering the spoon, but ultimately, A person can only put so much food inside his mouth, spoon or no spoon.

So for spoon makers to survive, they have to produce DECORATIVE spoons.. which is represented by the crude/crass aluminum keyboard cases being churned out.

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #24007 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 15:23:45 »

[/size][/color]

My point is not that there is <No Demand at ALL>

It is merely to clarify <WHAT> the demand actually entails..

In this case,  The people on gekhak are demanding pokemons to collect,   

There is no one here limited by the performance and UTILIZATION of their existing keyboards.

You can keep engineering the spoon, but ultimately, A person can only put so much food inside his mouth, spoon or no spoon.

So for spoon makers to survive, they have to produce DECORATIVE spoons.. which is represented by the crude/crass aluminum keyboard cases being churned out.

I agree but can you really be a poke-... mechanical keyboard master without catching winkeylessalutopremon?

That reminds me, I need red anodized 6061 LZ cutlery

Where's that IC?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24008 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 17:07:51 »

I agree but can you really be a poke-... mechanical keyboard master without catching winkeylessalutopremon?

That reminds me, I need red anodized 6061 LZ cutlery

Where's that IC?

It's like that movie, the best solution is not to play the game at all .

Offline the_fascist

« Reply #24009 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 21:42:08 »

Not sure if I'm missing some bizarre sarcasm here but Topre exists in many different layouts including TKL.

Show Image

Bizarre's a good word for it, I was just exaggerating.  I know about the 87U but it's really the only option you have besides the T/MX ones with not-so-great build quality.

And to the opinionated guy with giant blue text:

All I said was that I want the ability to build my own electrostatic board... not sure if you missed that.  That so outrageous?
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 February 2018, 21:45:05 by the_fascist »

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #24010 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 22:32:44 »

Show Image

Bizarre's a good word for it, I was just exaggerating.  I know about the 87U but it's really the only option you have besides the T/MX ones with not-so-great build quality.

All I said was that I want the ability to build my own electrostatic board... not sure if you missed that.  That so outrageous?

:))

That's tp4, you'll figure him out eventually

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #24011 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 22:45:22 »

Show Image

at first i thought tp4 was a troll, and then i realized he was so much more than that...
he's like a more concise vsauce

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24012 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 11:37:44 »

Show Image

at first i thought tp4 was a troll, and then i realized he was so much more than that...
he's like a more concise vsauce

//Success

Trolln' lvl 99..  Total Stealth achieved.. !!

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #24013 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 13:01:23 »

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #24015 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 16:13:52 »
Show Image

link not workn' in my firefox for some reason. but it works in chrome !!

Right, here we are then.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #24016 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 23:13:12 »
 I've got all these keyboard parts and pieces,  kits etc but every time I decide to finally build something things never fit how they're supposed to so I pitch it all back in a box and try not to think of all the money I've wasted.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24017 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 23:52:35 »
I've got all these keyboard parts and pieces,  kits etc but every time I decide to finally build something things never fit how they're supposed to so I pitch it all back in a box and try not to think of all the money I've wasted.

doesn't fit ?  what sort of deviations ?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #24018 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 23:55:35 »

I just have bad keyboard luck TP4.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24019 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 23:57:33 »

Hrrrmmm... Does it fit Loose, unsoldered,    or is the problem only After soldering.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #24020 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 00:09:37 »

Hrrrmmm... Does it fit Loose, unsoldered,    or is the problem only After soldering.

Things like a case with a standoff that shouldn't be there so the pcb won't sit flush or the top plate/ case with stabilizer cutouts that just won't work or the pcb with half a diode missing, stabilizers with the wrong style wire, leds that have off colors, pcb's that won't program, soldering irons that give out.

I digress I've been awake for >20 hours....

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24021 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 00:20:45 »

Things like a case with a standoff that shouldn't be there so the pcb won't sit flush or the top plate/ case with stabilizer cutouts that just won't work or the pcb with half a diode missing, stabilizers with the wrong style wire, leds that have off colors, pcb's that won't program, soldering irons that give out.

I digress I've been awake for >20 hours....

Spam needs a vacation..

Tp4 recommends -Egypt- for the sweating/detox, or -Thailand- if you're doing solo-mission, -Mongolia- for alternative lifestyle experience, -Cuba-/-Hawaii- if you just want to be a drunk white guy.  Avoid europe, it's just like 'Murica but with worse bathrooms and small portion meals.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #24022 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 16:57:18 »
My car failed its safety inspection because the tint is too dark so I'm not legally allowed to drive it until I get the tint removed. The guy at the shop told me he can't help me and just pass it this year because MA now requires cameras in every inspection station...
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline Carcharocles

• Location: In the lonely, desolate wasteland of South Kansas City
    • The Deathscape Mythos
« Reply #24023 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 21:37:32 »
Got my monthly delivery of cat food and cat litter... a total of 50 pounds combined (bulk of it is the litter, which is about the same size as a 40 pound container of Tidy Cat--we typically buy this stuff on the first since our money runs out really fast and we're both on disability). USPS proceeds to shove it in the parcel box about 100 yards from my apartment. Can't lift the cat litter because 1. the box is open thanks to the shipping and 2. I'm still in a decent amount of pain from the biopsy last friday (for those unaware, diabetics take longer to heal--which isn't normally much of a problem for me, because I heal rather fast compared to most, but not fast enough to fully recover from this type of procedure in just a week). Only solution? Have my mom bring her electric wheelchair out and help me carry it back.

Just two problems: there is no ramp to our apartment on that side of the building, and there is no ramp to the mail box. Meaning my mom had to go around three other buildings to get this stuff home, which is at the very least six times the distance from the mailbox to our apartment, all while trying to keep this stuff on a footrest half as wide and 1/3 as long as the box itself.

There's also the fact that I had to leave this stuff in an open parcel box well out of my sight, because you need a special key to remove the parcel box key once it is used. We're lucky they didn't get stolen (people steal the strangest things, but no one would have known what was in the boxes due to the way they were packed).
T1000 , Firmware ver. Doge.

Most deadly of them all.
Keyboards: Drevo Gramr (Outemu Browns); Logitech K480

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #24024 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 09:35:13 »
I've been sitting in a car on a trading estate waiting to collect my mum from an interview for 40 minutes.  Can't moderate on this tiny screen and the other forum I would have looked on has this IP blocked for spamming.  Plus I only bought one CD for the journey and it's nearly finished.  What's the betting there's a 'while you were out' card from the postman when I get back to rub it in?

At least I'll miss the school traffic I suppose!
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24025 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 09:51:45 »
I've been sitting in a car on a trading estate waiting to collect my mum from an interview for 40 minutes.  Can't moderate on this tiny screen and the other forum I would have looked on has this IP blocked for spamming.  Plus I only bought one CD for the journey and it's nearly finished.  What's the betting there's a 'while you were out' card from the postman when I get back to rub it in?

POPEYES Fried Chicken..

// Treat yoself.. ??

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #24026 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 09:53:22 »

Heck you need to help me out, whut should I do in the IC thread

Very busy with studies atm.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #24027 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 10:05:17 »

Heck you need to help me out, whut should I do in the IC thread

Show Image

Move it to off topic and let it burn..oh wait did I say that out loud?

On topic can we get the tapatalk plugin fixed so I can report posts without being logged into a web browser?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #24028 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 10:05:57 »
jimitrollin is bothering me

Usually I'd be salty over the...dots in his sentences... but I think he's living in a different world, no clue what he's going on about :))

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #24029 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 10:07:21 »
POPEYES Fried Chicken..

// Treat yoself.. ??

:confused:  No chicken there  and if there were as a veggie I'd not have eaten it.

Home now - no card :)
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24030 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 10:10:11 »
POPEYES Fried Chicken..

// Treat yoself.. ??

:confused:  No chicken there  and if there were as a veggie I'd not have eaten it.

Home now - no card :)

DEEP FRIED  Battered- Broccoli

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #24031 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 11:03:58 »

They do mushrooms at my local Chinese, not sure I'd like broccoli...
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24032 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 11:12:35 »

They do mushrooms at my local Chinese, not sure I'd like broccoli...

IDK bout wh00ight people restaurants, but that oil is changed bi-weekly sometimes depending on traffic..

Think twice about getting the fry-ups from Sifo/Indian-places.

Offline iri

« Reply #24033 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 15:57:39 »
Problem 1: not many jobs in my industry outside London

Problem 2: London is ****
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #24034 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 20:25:09 »
Hmm sorry :(  Maybe if you're feeling bored and can chat with your tech support people some day about it, it might help.  If you're getting shocked frequently, something's not right with grounding.

ya maybe. i'm just glad i don't **** up my boards from shorting them all the time... would be pissed

seems like my filco in a vortex case may have finally gotten ****ed up by this today.  and yeah, pissed is an understatement!  it's always been fine after unplugging it and plugging it back in before...

Offline emenelopee

• *klomp klomp klomp* I step on your house 🦖
« Reply #24035 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 20:27:43 »
Gigantic custom fonts in forums. If I'm pooping I want to read, not scroll my little screen.

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24036 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 21:06:19 »
Gigantic custom fonts in forums. If I'm pooping I want to read, not scroll my little screen.

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE

Who is this Mysterious DareDevil

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #24037 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 21:12:20 »

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE

Who is this Mysterious DareDevil

I wonder

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #24040 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 05:20:45 »
abs seriously feels like ****, yes even gmk

god this is awful to type on...
I love Elzy

Offline dblack

• Formerly ZuXzu
« Reply #24041 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 11:53:37 »

I went full circle, started on dyesubs went to GMK and now I'm back to dyesubs. I couldnt care less about the colors at this point, just in it for the feel.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24042 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 12:28:43 »

I went full circle, started on dyesubs went to GMK and now I'm back to dyesubs. I couldnt care less about the colors at this point, just in it for the feel.

They feel the same to me..

abs has a little more stickiness because it smooths out quickly over time.

But other than that, it's not a huge difference unless one has moist fingers..

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #24043 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 13:14:18 »

PBT grit varies so much. Like, BSP is smoother than new GMK but Gateron is more gritty than GMK. I remember someone saying it "injures their fingers like sandpaper" haha

I haven't bought a GMK set in over two years. I prefer PBT in basically every way - feel, lifespan, cost...

Offline dblack

• Formerly ZuXzu
« Reply #24044 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 13:16:49 »

PBT grit varies so much. Like, BSP is smoother than new GMK but Gateron is more gritty than GMK. I remember someone saying it "injures their fingers like sandpaper" haha

I haven't bought a GMK set in over two years. I prefer PBT in basically every way - feel, lifespan, cost...
Lol I think there are clear differences but none so substantial that they could be compared to sandpaper haha.

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #24045 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 16:01:11 »

Lol I think there are clear differences but none so substantial that they could be compared to sandpaper haha.

Fingers are moist from the blood..

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #24047 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 17:10:33 »

I have had two Microterm 5510, both NIB, and whatever they did for their PBT is just like smooth grain sandpaper. It's not necessarily bad, per se, but if you have even 0.5mm of a fingernail it's like typing on a chalkboard.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #24048 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 17:42:01 »
Yeah, most PBT texture feels like sandpaper to me. IBM is the exception. Topre is bearable.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24049 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 18:39:27 »
Yeah, most PBT texture feels like sandpaper to me. IBM is the exception. Topre is bearable.

No way sandpaper..  at the roughest, it's comparable to cloth fabric polyester.