Author Topic: I shouldn't have signed up for this place.  (Read 1606 times)

Offline a_ak57

I shouldn't have signed up for this place.
« on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 19:24:36 »
I already have a penchant for spending too much money on peripherals (have a number of mice and headphones because of curiosity) and already have 3 keyboards with another on the way and now I've found somewhere new to tell me it's okay to spend all this money and introduce me to even more toys.  Haven't even gotten the 104UB that's on its way (my first topre) but I'm somewhat already looking into the HHKB or a uniform 87U.  And hey, maybe I should spend the money/time to try out those ergo clears that I've been reading about since they sound neat.  Or maybe a keyboard with mathias quiet switches since I have tried alps.  And what's this massdrop thing, a bunch of neat stuff there too!

It's okay after all, there are others who have spent thousands!

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Re: I shouldn't have signed up for this place.
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 19:35:37 »
Welcome to the site.

Based on your penchant for spending money, you're screwed. :))

Offline Elocutive

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 19:57:29 »
Welcome, welcome!

Check out this thread: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62985.0 to make yourself feel better!
LZCE- Black, red, ergo clears

Wanting Skeldon

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 22:02:14 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Yes, this can become an expensive hobby.  Just keep reminding yourself what your life was like before you discovered the world of mechanical keyboards :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline jameslr

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 14:23:14 »

Welcome to Geekhack!

Yes, this can become an expensive hobby.  Just keep reminding yourself what your life was like before you discovered the world of mechanical keyboards :))

There was life before keyboards? Lies. Damn lies.
CM Novatouch | Filco MJ2 TKL w/ HID Lib | REΛLFORCE 87U 55g | CM QFR

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 04:16:42 »

Welcome to Geekhack!

There was life before keyboards? Lies. Damn lies.

Yes, there was life, back when you had money :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline jackalope

• Now with 20% more soul.
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 03:37:30 »
welcome
eh o well

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 18:37:25 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

My life was rich and without importing something every month. Hopefully I will get a regular customer discount at my local customs office in the near future :D

Anyway, welcome to GeekHack!  :thumb:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 22:12:16 »
Buy an Ergodox.. Your keyboard problems will be solved...