Author Topic: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.  (Read 388763 times)

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
Re: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.
« Reply #2150 on: Wed, 17 January 2024, 04:51:02 »
What am I supposed to use then, an Android phone that openly sends to Google literally all data it can mine on me?
Nothing is safe from the internet/phone provider.

As for the phone itself, you can take Apple's word (lol), tweak the heck out of Android or use a custom Android ROM (beware rooting, it may limit what apps you can use).
The question about the Android ROM though is that there's no guarantee that's not compromised. Not only do you need to trust the person(s) creating the rom, Android allows closed source driver packs, kernel and bootloader to be used and so pretty much EVERYONE does this because investors HAAAAAATE open source (O.M.G. do they hate it!!!!). Not to mention going and installing Google apps on top of your install. Despite that sounding bad, and it is, you'd be surprised how much you can actually hide from Google and therefor everyone else.

While you have to take Apple's word for it, Google has ways to actually look at the data they have on file for you. Is it accurate? Hard to say, but it's still more than Apple's "trust me bro". I've used custom roms I built myself as well as various off the shelf ones with as much removed/disabled as possible and if you can trust what Google will show you, they didn't get much from me and based on the amount of spam and targeted ads I see it does seem to work.

Tips.
Remove Twatter/insta/faces etc, this is especially important if you use widgets. I do this before I even setup my account, just bypass setup.
If you cannot uninstall them, you can force disable them on newish Android, older versions need ADB and a computer to hack the phone (not as bad as it sounds).*
Go through all the Google specific settings on your phone to be as generic as possible.
Run Firefox Focus and Firefox with Ublock (yes on your phone), Firefox Forcus for quick stuff.
In network settings look for private dns and insert "dns.adguard.com" (no quotes)
Use fewer "free" apps and widgets, paid isn't always better though, pay attention to what it says before you try/buy.
There's also apps which can remove spying from your apps but that's a whole other topic.

*Beware what you disabel remove as it can cause the phone to crash. It's pretty safe these days but if you're concerned, search the app online and "safe to remove".
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
« Reply #2151 on: Wed, 17 January 2024, 06:51:23 »
Watching 1st season of For all mankind,

Didn't expect this lvl of traumatic.

Now Tp4 is super depressed. God damn you apple, why was this necessary in the script. You've just lost a customer, Tp4 certainly wouldn't be buying ne more ifones.

Show Image

huh that's funny. my dad just started watching it again too on that same day lol
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #2152 on: Wed, 17 January 2024, 06:51:47 »

Now Tp4 is super depressed. God damn you apple, why was this necessary in the script. You've just lost a customer, Tp4 certainly wouldn't be buying ne more ifones.

Show Image

So tp was buying i****?!
Tp, not good. That is all crap, invented by some serious prick, avoid all their products, tp. AVOID.

how else will I watch cool shows and movies?
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2153 on: Wed, 17 January 2024, 09:39:46 »

Show Image

So tp was buying i****?!
Tp, not good. That is all crap, invented by some serious prick, avoid all their products, tp. AVOID.

Was going to buy a 15 pro max, now looking at maybe samsun.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2154 on: Wed, 17 January 2024, 12:27:27 »
Not gon' lie, Cape Cookies, just understood what they were, but only after Season 2.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2155 on: Wed, 17 January 2024, 13:18:55 »
Omg, Season 2 for all mankind,  wthhhhh guys,  this drama game is 2 strong, Tp4's emotions are a rollercoaster.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2156 on: Wed, 17 January 2024, 20:19:04 »
OMG, oMMGMG,  season 2, season 2. What the HELLLL... What is the point of all this, something is seriously wrong with the writers on this. If there's going to be errant romances, they have to have a purpose, without which it's just aimless depravity.

Deeply disappointed, deeply deeply disappointed. 

Also, why do they have optics on their space rifles, if you can't hold it up to your eye with the helmet, it's useless.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2157 on: Thu, 18 January 2024, 04:55:10 »
OMG, oMMGMG,  season 2, season 2. What the HELLLL... What is the point of all this, something is seriously wrong with the writers on this. If there's going to be errant romances, they have to have a purpose, without which it's just aimless depravity.

Deeply disappointed, deeply deeply disappointed. 
Yep, I got part way through S2 and lost interest.
S1 was a great idea but after that it became just another tv show, at least imo.

Also, why do they have optics on their space rifles, if you can't hold it up to your eye with the helmet, it's useless. [/size][/color]
Because SPAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!

While you could say it was lazy writing it also could just be because it's what people expect, same as cars blowing up every time they crash or every other movie trope.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline iri

« Reply #2159 on: Thu, 18 January 2024, 17:09:40 »
The question about the Android ROM though is that there's no guarantee that's not compromised
Exactly.

Also, it's a security concern for the bank apps. Also, nothing like Apple Pay (I don't like retailers mining my data either).
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2160 on: Fri, 19 January 2024, 17:27:59 »
The question about the Android ROM though is that there's no guarantee that's not compromised
Exactly.

Also, it's a security concern for the bank apps. Also, nothing like Apple Pay (I don't like retailers mining my data either).
Some will work if you disable root, had that issue on my Hyundai app and disabling root allowed it to work.

Apple pay and such, I haven't looked in a while but I wouldn't be surprised if you could get Google pay working and such. Just needs the framework which can be added, but then you're right back to Google watching everything. You can't really get ALL the features without tracking, everything is a compromise.

I used to do a lot of this and it really could be a pain sometimes, plus, these days you can tighten Android security up pretty good without the need for a custom rom.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2161 on: Sun, 21 January 2024, 05:55:52 »
A Murder at the End of the World,

Ok, now, plot progression, not bad,  but something must be said about the industry putting anorexic, women with eating disorders, front/center on the screen.

Young people watch this, oh look how skinny she is, she's the Star-of-the-Show.  THEREFORE: *******

This is just as bad, if not worse than the fashion industry depending on the overall reach of the show in question.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2162 on: Sun, 21 January 2024, 07:55:58 »
Bawgh... of course, the ending, blame the AI, humans = victims.  This double standard must stop. It's also ridiculous that an AI as powerful as that depicted could devise a plan so crummy should it ever go rouge. 

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #2163 on: Sun, 21 January 2024, 09:48:20 »

A Murder at the End of the World
What a waste of time...
Good beginning, but then they started with all booooring retrospections and killed the mood.
Main character so f***ing annoying, story dragged like hell... what a waste of a good story.
Apologies for this summary, I get frustrated only thinking about this show...

(Attachment Link)

I didn't like it.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2164 on: Sun, 21 January 2024, 11:03:33 »

season 2. What the HELL

Deeply disappointed

part way through S2 and lost interest.
S1 was a great idea but after that it became just another tv show

lazy writing it also could just be because it's what people expect

Reading this discussion made me want to check this out, and now I am most of the way through season 1.

It is strange watching this, as a person who actually lived through this era - with intense interest in it. I was 17 when Neil Armstrong stepped out onto the Moon.

While much of it seems very familiar to me, eg cars, clothes, and furniture, the writing is painfully sloppy and fast and loose with conceptual details.

I can see how easily it can (and will, according to you guys) fly off the rails into genuine absurdity.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2165 on: Sun, 21 January 2024, 12:46:31 »
While much of it seems very familiar to me, eg cars, clothes, and furniture, the writing is painfully sloppy and fast and loose with conceptual details.

I can see how easily it can (and will, according to you guys) fly off the rails into genuine absurdity.

Yes, but was fohat.dig aware of  Cape Cookies, back in the day?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2166 on: Sun, 21 January 2024, 14:24:02 »
Monarch, legacy of Monsters.

Pretty good CGI shots.  The main issue is the way it "forces" hughmahn banalities into the plot.  This was not properly developed.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2167 on: Sun, 21 January 2024, 20:22:41 »
The Brothers Sun.

It's about a Taipei triad head (assassin), sent to LA to find his estranged mother/brother, after his father is put into a coma from a recent hit.

Now, overall, the show takes no risks, it's pretty much all the traditional triad movies rolled into one, peppered with the "asian american experience".

It's a much better overall watch than "crazy rich asians", which is completely superficial and bland.

Season 2 has alot of potential, they've gone through the whole "brotherhood" arc of triad films on S1,  they still have the money arc, drugs arc, sacrifice arc, misogyny arc, gambling arc, ghost arc, many tropes left.

Weakest character thus far, Alice Hewkin,  she's attractive, but incredibly stiff and out of place, she doesn't even behave like an asian girl.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2168 on: Mon, 22 January 2024, 11:42:29 »
Wonka (2023)

Maybe not a bad movie on its own. But the reality of Chocolates is quite inhumane.

Firstly it's a narcotic and the fervent demand drives slavery in various countries of production.

Secondly the kingpin corporations behind confectioneries, such as Nestle which owns the Wonka brand are directly tied to child labor/ sleuths of other criminal activities.

Finally, most chocolates use milk in some form/ usually condensed, because the concentrated casomophins are highly addictive. Milk is a key product of the world's most perverse industry, cattle.

Cattle is the leading driver of rainforest deforestation, habitat loss, climate change.  It is perverse, in that a cow must be forcibly impregnated to produce milk, their babies must be snatched away so as to not DRINK that milk reserved for humans, and then the animals are all shot in head for hamburgers as a reward for the life of toil in misery. To drink milk is therefore indistinguishable from Rape/Kidnapping/Murder.

Animal agriculture is the most cruel evil to have ever existed.

CULTURE, needs to change, Wonka movie 4, Wonka grows veggies, becomes a freedom fighter, liberates war torn Africa from the grips of western capitalist rot.

Offline TomahawkLabs

« Reply #2169 on: Mon, 22 January 2024, 11:54:16 »

Animal agriculture is the most cruel evil to have ever existed.

CULTURE, needs to change, Wonka movie 4, Wonka grows veggies, becomes a freedom fighter, liberates war torn Africa from the grips of western capitalist ROT.
[/size]

On a plus side a recent study shows: "A new study reveals that 50% of the beef consumed in any given day goes to just 12% of the US population....And if you’re wondering who’s eating all that beef, the answer is, disproportionately, men. People between the ages of 50 and 65 were also more likely to eat a heftier portion of beef."

This tells me the demand really isn't there "en masse", but rather folks who don't know how to cook anything else and/or are unwilling to eat something else. I don't think veganism is the answer, but you know, maybe stick to a serving size of protein instead of insisting your meal be 66% meat, 33% carb and no veggies. I have met way too many older men who almost outright refuse to eat veggies on their own volition.

Counterpoint is beef is more expensive and the youth has less money/buying power compared to older generations at the same age timeframe, so younger generations are opting for cheaper proteins like chicken. So we may not be seeing a decrease in meat consumption, but rather alternative options. I make a point to make 1-2 meatless meals a week for my family. Meatless meals are usually some form of bean based meal like Chili, refried beans + rice, etc. There are plenty of meals that do not require meat.
Always looking for Alps SKCM/SKCL switches. Feel free to DM.
AMD 5600x | RTX3080 | 2x 1TB NVME + 4x 4TB HDD | B550M Pro-P | 32GB RAM | RM850x | Node 804 | Schiit Modius/Magnius + Audeze LCD-2 | Dell S3422DWG
GMMK 1 Full Size Barebones | Zealio 67g ; Apple M3501 handwired | Alps SKCM Damped Cream
SA: Camping

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2170 on: Mon, 22 January 2024, 18:40:36 »
Rewatched all of One Punch Man. The first season and its OVAs are great, 2nd season has worse animation and plot, I feel. Almost anyone, reguardless if they enjoy anime, could love season1, but season2 started to become what it is making fun of. Kinda eating it's own tail.
I'm ready for the 3rd and final(?) season now tho

Offline iri

« Reply #2171 on: Tue, 23 January 2024, 03:29:06 »
Watching the Queen's Umbrella. Past the first 3-4 episodes it's a real magnet.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline phinix

« Reply #2172 on: Tue, 23 January 2024, 14:37:29 »
Watching the Queen's Umbrella. Past the first 3-4 episodes it's a real magnet.

Oh, that looks interesting, need to check it out.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2173 on: Tue, 23 January 2024, 20:57:44 »
Aquaman, LOL, they really did a hack job cutting amber herd out of all the scenes.

305717-0

Honestly, it's not really that bad of an action movie.

If we take the public drama out of it, it's a solid 8.5/10 for its genre.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2174 on: Wed, 24 January 2024, 08:30:52 »

Honestly, it's not really that bad of an action movie.

I quite liked it.

After years of taking my kids to a long string of Marvel movies, I thought that it compared favorably (- and non-favorably -) to them in terms of scope (- and absurdity -).

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2175 on: Wed, 24 January 2024, 11:18:56 »
watched the first season of Slow Horses.  Took me 3 or 4 episodes to buy into it, but it's not bad.

Also watching the new season of True Detective.  I've enjoyed all the previous seasons to varying degrees.  This one is good as well.  Love the atmosphere more than anything.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2176 on: Wed, 24 January 2024, 13:29:37 »
Ferrari, 2023

Pretty mellow paced film. Not bad, easy sit-down with light liquor.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2177 on: Wed, 24 January 2024, 20:52:02 »
Migration, 2023

Pretty good animation, plot's not for adults, but they got most of the lessons right. Humans are bad, animal farming is cruel.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2178 on: Thu, 25 January 2024, 19:21:35 »
The Creator (2023),  Pretty darn excellent AI future world building.

Plot didn't make sense, but heck, the visuals were surreal enough that you can invent reasons around it.

Of course movie has Veronica Ngo, she was also great in Furie (2019).

305767-0

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2179 on: Fri, 26 January 2024, 18:08:16 »
Wandering Earth 2, finally out on 4K disc.

CGI is damn good, plot, a bit too dense for the runtime. They tried to cram a whole TV show season into 2.5 hours.

305785-0
305787-1
305789-2
305791-3

Offline phinix

« Reply #2180 on: Sat, 27 January 2024, 11:26:22 »
Killing Eve.
Nice and light dark comedy. 4 full seasons available.
Never saw it before, but glad I picked it up. Recommended.

305819-0

Offline phinix

« Reply #2182 on: Sat, 27 January 2024, 20:04:36 »
Killing Eve.

On a scale from 1-10 how lesbian is this show?

Well... the killer one is, then they... hmmm.... 8?

Offline phinix

« Reply #2184 on: Sat, 27 January 2024, 20:50:05 »
Killing Eve.

On a scale from 1-10 how lesbian is this show?

Well... the killer one is, then they... hmmm.... 8?

Say no more, 'm on it.

Show Image

hehehehehehehmhmhmhmhm... :)

OK, just finished season 1, good. You can feel the tension. HHHHHMmmmm.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2185 on: Sat, 27 January 2024, 21:06:49 »

Just started, oh yea, easily 8-8.5 lez. The show is very deliberately suggestive.

Offline phinix

« Reply #2186 on: Sun, 28 January 2024, 06:19:41 »

Just started, oh yea, easily 8-8.5 lez. The show is very deliberately suggestive.

yep:) enjoy :D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2187 on: Sun, 28 January 2024, 06:26:38 »

And they make Comer do that pout thing with the face, it's very effective.

Offline phinix

« Reply #2188 on: Sun, 28 January 2024, 11:18:16 »

And they make Comer do that pout thing with the face, it's very effective.

What pout thing? what episode?
what is pout? :)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2189 on: Sun, 28 January 2024, 11:42:29 »

When you purse your lips together and look kind of like a duck. Pout can be more subtle.

Offline phinix

« Reply #2190 on: Sun, 28 January 2024, 17:56:00 »

When you purse your lips together and look kind of like a duck. Pout can be more subtle.

ok, cool.

Watching 2nd season, it keeps the action, still liking it.
« Last Edit: Sun, 28 January 2024, 17:57:59 by phinix »

Offline phinix

« Reply #2191 on: Sun, 28 January 2024, 18:00:46 »
Hidden.
I was sceptical before watching it, but I have to say it pulls itself up. Again, another movie that tackles the subject from other side.
Its not amazing, but just fine.

305850-0

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2192 on: Mon, 29 January 2024, 17:10:04 »
Omg, Killing Eve, season 2 episode 6, the Bus, sssssssssssssss.. That was COLD!

Offline phinix

« Reply #2193 on: Mon, 29 January 2024, 17:53:08 »

Show Image

Hahaha :D
Not the bus, it was a truck.
Wait for episode 8!!!!

Its pretty good show I say!
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 January 2024, 17:59:44 by phinix »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2194 on: Mon, 29 January 2024, 18:35:51 »

Show Image

Wait for episode 8!!!!

You are mine Phinix, Don't you know that ?

Offline phinix

« Reply #2195 on: Tue, 30 January 2024, 18:21:46 »

Show Image

Wait for episode 8!!!!

You are mine Phinix, Don't you know that ?

Show Image

Yeeeaaaahh? I'm here, waiting! :P

Was thinking, I dont know how this one slipped my eyes those few years ago. Pretty funny, can't wait to watch next episode kinda thing.

Offline phinix

« Reply #2196 on: Tue, 30 January 2024, 18:46:55 »
Forst.
I liked the books so had to watch this too.

305868-0

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #2197 on: Wed, 31 January 2024, 06:40:19 »
Forst.
I liked the books so had to watch this too.

(Attachment Link)

i read that like i was a stereotypical Russian man saying "first"

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2198 on: Wed, 31 January 2024, 16:55:28 »
Watching the live action NF One Piece. I actually like the adaptation, and feel most of the stuff they cut out was filler anyway. It speeds the story along in the 8 episodes they had to cover through the Arlong/Fishman saga, which means they will go straight into the Alabasta Saga for season 2 (Crocodile!) They are really focusing on the relationship between Garp and Kobe, which in the manga is shown much less. I get they need to balance the show with a b-plot, but there are enough central characters they could split them up like the show does to get different story lines. Maybe because it is only 8 episodes the writers felt the need to keep all the Straw Hats together so they are established as a group in the audience mind.

If I am going to knock anything, the acting is not very good and you can very much tell these actors have not done much filming(or any at all?) before this show. All the Straw Hats seem very green on-set, but they are trying, and more importantly, making their own adaptions of how they perceive each character. I'm sure everyone will be more honed in for season 2.
But the most impressive thing, far and away, THE SETS! OH MY GOD, the sets on this show are amazing! I was watching the Baratie thinking, "I wonder how much of this is CG, it looks seamless." Then I looked it up, and almost none of the set was cg. They built to scale all the ships and environments. No wonder why it is the most expensive show NF ever made, their entire budget went to those incredible sets.

Offline phinix

« Reply #2199 on: Wed, 31 January 2024, 17:21:43 »
Hellhole

That is a funny one :) Like watching new era horror movie, but with B class level story.

305912-0