Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1511437 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #9100 on: Tue, 27 August 2024, 20:53:31 »
But I got a fresh batch, anyway ....

Will call around tomorrow.

All wastewater indicators are on alert. Major rise in infections.

Offline bkgrnd

• anything smaller than 40% is weird
« Reply #9101 on: Tue, 27 August 2024, 21:34:18 »
spent the whole day working on my 3d printed 40%, and i also burned my thumb 2 days ago doing the same thing........  :thumb:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9102 on: Tue, 27 August 2024, 21:49:44 »
spent the whole day working on my 3d printed 40%, and i also burned my thumb 2 days ago doing the same thing........  :thumb:

With Lasers ?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9103 on: Wed, 28 August 2024, 21:58:33 »
Researching some 8K TVs, none of them have displayport. What's even the point of 8K without enough bandwidth to drive it. HDMI 2.1, 48Gbit, is only enough for 8K60hz at 8bit, but probably not since it's slightly above 48.  8K 120 needs 68gbit just to do 4:2:2, 4:4:4 requires 102.2gbit, that's more than displayport 2.1

So, basically we're stuck with yuckie DSC.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #9104 on: Sun, 01 September 2024, 21:54:40 »
A hot slut dignified woman at the grocery store today was wearing just a transparent shirt and no bottoms, and I saw her hoohaa and boobs. I heard a guy comment to his gf/wife 'Why don't you dress like that?'
Highlight of my week, which is sad.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #9105 on: Tue, 03 September 2024, 04:58:08 »
A hot slut dignified woman at the grocery store today was wearing just a transparent shirt and no bottoms, and I saw her hoohaa and boobs. I heard a guy comment to his gf/wife 'Why don't you dress like that?'

Photos or it never happened.  ;D
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Drop CSTM80 | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9106 on: Tue, 03 September 2024, 07:42:14 »

They're already married. That was NT's type all along.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #9107 on: Tue, 03 September 2024, 16:17:50 »

They're already married. That was NT's type all along.

If they are already with someone , that just means I've got good taste?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9108 on: Tue, 03 September 2024, 16:51:07 »
If they are already with someone , that just means I've got good taste?

Taste is subjective, if you like them eats. Then there it is.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9109 on: Tue, 03 September 2024, 21:58:08 »
Read about living @ mcmurdo station. It sounds kinda cool. Ultimate cold camping.

Unfortunately Mcmurdo is outside, where Tp4 is incompatible.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #9110 on: Wed, 04 September 2024, 20:27:12 »
Walked into a Micro Center brick & mortar store for the first time in several years.

If I was still buying computer gear regularly, I would REALLY miss that place!
How the hell or why did you become a DEMO-crat?” He asked.
“Long story, but it started with Nixon, then I was educated and know history as the Republicans are all about getting power to exploit it to their benefit, while Democratic politicians, for the most part, are for distributing things more equitably. I’ll finish with the overwhelming sociological and psychological evidence in studies that identify that conservatives see the world through inherent inequity where the elite or those who seek to be elite are superior to the commoners, and it is they who should lead. At the same time, liberals look at the world as inequality and seek to make the world more equitable, and that all should be represented. Ultimately, conservatives trust those in authority, while liberals inherently distrust those in authority to take advantage for themselves or their constituency.”
He looks up and says, “No one ever explained that to me, and then asks, “If **** Cheney thinks that Trump is that bad, then it's not about DEMO-crats vs Republicans, is it.”
I resume walking and then say, “Hey, you got it; it's the Democratic and old Republican parties versus Trumpism, which is American fascism aided by the Russians.”
- RWN 2024-09008

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9111 on: Wed, 04 September 2024, 20:28:48 »
Walked into a Micro Center brick & mortar store for the first time in several years.

The base parts are good price. Accessories are a bit overpriced.  They sell a single tower cooler for $20-30, you can get dual-tower coolers online for $30.

Offline TomahawkLabs

« Reply #9112 on: Thu, 05 September 2024, 10:11:22 »
I finished my son's desk for his gaming PC. Put the last layer of poly on last night. It needs to sit for 3 days, but on Sunday we will get to install it in their room and spend some time cabling managing (my favorite part). Then I get to finish the desk I want for my office. Kids come first...
Always looking for Alps SKCM/SKCL switches. Feel free to DM.
AMD 5600x | RTX3080 | 2x 1TB NVME + 4x 4TB HDD | B550M Pro-P | 32GB RAM | RM850x | Node 804 | Schiit Modius/Magnius + Audeze LCD-2 | 2x Dell S3422DWG
GMMK 1 Full Size Barebones | Zealio 67g ; Apple M3501 handwired | Alps SKCM Damped Cream
SA: Camping

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #9113 on: Fri, 06 September 2024, 19:40:43 »
Not a good day...
Someone scratched my car, parked on a side of the street. There was a woman driving small car that got too close to my parked car in front of the shop and scratched it badly.
Now I was away shopping, came back 3 minutes after the incident. I managed to find a shop with CCTV, watched the footage - that woman hit and scratched my car, drove away 10 meters, got off the car, walked around her own and fixed the side mirror she hit it with and got back in her car and ran away... I've sent the footage to insurance company, problem is footage doesnt show properly the reg plates, low resolution... :(
It can be guessed, some characters are visible.. kinda ... (its that red Vauxhall Adam).

309716-0
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 September 2024, 19:42:14 by phinix »
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Drop CSTM80 | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9114 on: Sat, 07 September 2024, 07:30:11 »
It can be guessed, some characters are visible.. kinda ... (its that red Vauxhall Adam).

(Attachment Link)

Yea, it's crazy how we don't even get 1080p in most places.

It's as surprising as them not being able to find a plane crash in the ocean. Like, wth was all that nasa money for.
:p

Offline TomahawkLabs

« Reply #9115 on: Sat, 07 September 2024, 11:13:49 »
It’s by design. We have the ability to put 4k@60hz security camera in, but choose not to. Why? I assume it’s for insurance reasons. Insurance will pay out more than whatever was taken. Banks never seem to know how much a robber takes, but we are to believe the bank has cash on hand that isn’t 100% accounted for? I think they purposefully put in bad cameras to meet insurance minimums not for actual protection.
Always looking for Alps SKCM/SKCL switches. Feel free to DM.
AMD 5600x | RTX3080 | 2x 1TB NVME + 4x 4TB HDD | B550M Pro-P | 32GB RAM | RM850x | Node 804 | Schiit Modius/Magnius + Audeze LCD-2 | 2x Dell S3422DWG
GMMK 1 Full Size Barebones | Zealio 67g ; Apple M3501 handwired | Alps SKCM Damped Cream
SA: Camping

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9116 on: Sat, 07 September 2024, 17:40:40 »
I used to think -white people food- was just banter. Then I went to a vegan restaurant in a wealthy district. Yup, iconically white people food. It's exactly what you'd imagine. :p

Offline Scrambler_S

• Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #9117 on: Sun, 08 September 2024, 06:51:12 »
Upgraded perimeter security cameras for the house, bought another pew pew for defense.

Offline iri

« Reply #9118 on: Mon, 09 September 2024, 04:39:08 »
Any landmines at all?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Scrambler_S

• Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #9119 on: Mon, 09 September 2024, 06:51:06 »
Any landmines at all?

Oh if I could, I would. ;)

Offline smarmar

• My other Dell Quiet Keys is a Model M
    • Short Stories to Read in the Dark
« Reply #9120 on: Fri, 13 September 2024, 21:33:51 »
I Initiated the poisoning of my own ears with Taylor Swift's Tortured Poets Department album, in planning for an upcoming laser show based on the songs within. Thoughts and prayers are appreciated.  :blank:
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline smarmar

• My other Dell Quiet Keys is a Model M
    • Short Stories to Read in the Dark
« Reply #9121 on: Fri, 13 September 2024, 21:39:54 »
Do you shop at a Wal-Mart Supercenter, by chance? It's hot as hell down here right now, so maybe she was just airing out her basement. Was her shirt clear plastic like the ones the replicants were wearing in Blade Runner?
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #9122 on: Fri, 13 September 2024, 21:56:18 »
Do you shop at a Wal-Mart Supercenter, by chance? It's hot as hell down here right now, so maybe she was just airing out her basement. Was her shirt clear plastic like the ones the replicants were wearing in Blade Runner?

It's always Trader Joe's. They have by far the most attractive customer base of any grocery store, and my local one is right next to a gym, so you get beautiful people coming in wearing their workout stuff. Plus an apartment a block away has a bunch of OnlyFans models living in it. High concentration of pretty, fit, and skimpy dressed women around. Summer and Halloween are crazy around the shopping center close to me.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9123 on: Sun, 15 September 2024, 09:34:59 »
Desoldered these big boys. Old small sub.

Heatgun to the rescue. 

pssshh.. br.br.br.br noise + minor 60hz hum... prolly main filter cap going bad yea?

309830-0

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9124 on: Sun, 15 September 2024, 12:03:34 »
UGhhhhhh..

Capacitors cost $6 each x2 + $8 shipping.  $22 after tax.

Damn you mouser.com, damn you to hell.

The only other caps Tp4 have on hand are 50v 22000uf. Just way too large, prolly stress the rectifier, and hard to get into place.  Soldered them in with wires temporarily, sub works gud', can confirm the old caps are bad.

The $22 is giving Tp4 Chest pains.

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
« Reply #9125 on: Mon, 16 September 2024, 08:59:31 »

i went to my first one ever in detroit in (2022?) when i went for the autoshow and holy ****ing **** its like geek heaven. since then ive gone to one in NYC, so only twice. rlly wish they had them in my area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #9126 on: Wed, 18 September 2024, 09:57:10 »
never mind

« Last Edit: Wed, 18 September 2024, 10:00:31 by fohat.digs »
How the hell or why did you become a DEMO-crat?” He asked.
“Long story, but it started with Nixon, then I was educated and know history as the Republicans are all about getting power to exploit it to their benefit, while Democratic politicians, for the most part, are for distributing things more equitably. I’ll finish with the overwhelming sociological and psychological evidence in studies that identify that conservatives see the world through inherent inequity where the elite or those who seek to be elite are superior to the commoners, and it is they who should lead. At the same time, liberals look at the world as inequality and seek to make the world more equitable, and that all should be represented. Ultimately, conservatives trust those in authority, while liberals inherently distrust those in authority to take advantage for themselves or their constituency.”
He looks up and says, “No one ever explained that to me, and then asks, “If **** Cheney thinks that Trump is that bad, then it's not about DEMO-crats vs Republicans, is it.”
I resume walking and then say, “Hey, you got it; it's the Democratic and old Republican parties versus Trumpism, which is American fascism aided by the Russians.”
- RWN 2024-09008

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9127 on: Thu, 19 September 2024, 11:47:38 »
They're here, Nichicon LGY. they're made in malaysia, but Tp4 just can't trust no taiwan capacitors, not after the plague.

105c rated. and 6800uf. vs the 85c 4700uf.

Thought about getting 10,000, buhhhh, doesn't seem worth it for an 8" small sub.

309963-0

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9129 on: Thu, 19 September 2024, 16:05:08 »
Hrrrm.  Seems like the standby circuit is doing a funny. Probably oxidation on the contacts. /Jiggling