Author Topic: Walmart Blackweb heavy duty USB cable and Belkin Duratek Plus  (Read 5277 times)

Offline typo

Walmart Blackweb heavy duty USB cable and Belkin Duratek Plus
« on: Fri, 20 September 2019, 20:34:33 »
The Belkin Duratek plus is an extremely heavy duty cable but it is only available in Lightening or USB C. 6 feet is $30. Walmart has a cable of very similar construction which is only available in micro USB. Look for the one that says "Aramid fibers" on the box. It is Walmarts own "Blackweb" house brand. It is only $8.44. The only big difference is the inner jacket is PVC and not TPU like the Belkin is. so it is not "quite" as strong but still plenty strong. For the cost difference, hardly a worry there either. Great on wireless pointing devices, keyboards, game controllers and the usual other stuff. So knowing that both of these are available, now all bases are covered. I think they even have a USB "B" printer cable like this at Walmart but it is a rare find. Both of these come in 3', 6' and 10' lengths as well. Target carries the Belkin. Not every location has either so call first. Or order online. online the Belkin is often referred to as the "charge plus sync cable" but it is the same thing. Either of these are very heavy duty cables with the Belkin being the even stronger one. Much better than Anker IMO. Plus if warranty is needed shipped to US address not Europe as Anker which will cost more than the cable did in the first place. I just thought this information might help anyone that is tired of constantly buying USB cables that quickly fail. I have been using both of these daily for over 7 years and have been very rough on them with no issues. They also both have substantial warranties in the unlikely event they are required with no questions asked. they do not even require you to send back the old cable AFAIK! However, please do not abuse this privilege and ruin the opportunity ultimately for everyone else.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Walmart Blackweb heavy duty USB cable and Belkin Duratek Plus
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 20 September 2019, 20:42:48 »
I've been tempted to look at high wattage usb C cables.  but I'm a lil iffy on how thin they still are.. 80watts can get toasty.

Offline typo

Re: Walmart Blackweb heavy duty USB cable and Belkin Duratek Plus
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 20 September 2019, 23:05:06 »
Actually the standard supports up to 300 watts and yes, fires are not an isolated incident. I would keep an eye on anything charging at over 30W IMO. LI-ION and especially LI-Poly will really ruin your life given the chance. Never charge more than rated! The Belkin cable will do the job but watch it!