Author Topic: Trump Trial will be televised (general thread about these trials)  (Read 11865 times)

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
This is a bit of an old story but the trump trial will be televised. Thank god I would love to see this guy try and make his way through a court case he has almost no chance of winning. And he is almost going to lose, if not the fbi documents case where he admitted that he was showing documents to people who he shouldn't ON A RECORDING, it is going to be the capitol case, which there 18 or so co conspirators almost one of them will turn on trump and then it will be almost impossible to win.

Looks like it might be joeover for trump...

also needed to update this it's the georgia one about the capitol riots and trying to overturn the election, which is one of the juicer cases in my opinion

UPDATE: Mugshot has been release (I also repurposed this thread into a general thread about the trials)

He looks so goofy and sad it's incredible.
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 August 2023, 02:08:37 by Rhienfo »

Offline Surefoot

Re: Trump Trial will be televised
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 22 August 2023, 04:28:21 »
What's interesting is who is not in these 18 co-conspirators as it means these guys have been singing nice bird songs at the FBI and have plea deals.
Also since this will be on TV, Trump will want to put on a show and may open his mouth (as he wont be able to resist the temptation): this is not looking good for him, and this will provide a lot of entertainment when he'll inevitably insult the procuror, the judge, and everyone around, also maybe throwing his associates under the bus.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 22 August 2023, 05:18:48 »
Which trial are you talking about? I though there were four of them ... and counting.

Offline Surefoot

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 22 August 2023, 07:59:01 »
Which trial are you talking about? I though there were four of them ... and counting.
Since there are 19 people indicted that would be the Georgia one.
(edit) and it starts on a sad note
https://www.reddit.com/r/WhitePeopleTwitter/comments/15xijbc/trumps_bond_is_set_for_200k/
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 August 2023, 08:03:15 by Surefoot »

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 22 August 2023, 08:45:04 »
Since there are 19 people indicted that would be the Georgia one.
(edit) and it starts on a sad note
https://www.reddit.com/r/WhitePeopleTwitter/comments/15xijbc/trumps_bond_is_set_for_200k/

Yeah it is the georgia one, and I don't think bail matters too much but trump could make some money tricking more people into giving him money. Which is especially scummy because a lot of people who support trump are in rural areas and are already very poor.

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 22 August 2023, 08:54:02 »
What's interesting is who is not in these 18 co-conspirators as it means these guys have been singing nice bird songs at the FBI and have plea deals.
Also since this will be on TV, Trump will want to put on a show and may open his mouth (as he wont be able to resist the temptation): this is not looking good for him, and this will provide a lot of entertainment when he'll inevitably insult the procuror, the judge, and everyone around, also maybe throwing his associates under the bus.

I could see him, it would be very funny if he commits perjury just because he wanted to look cool lol.

Another thing is that trump always puts on a performance when he's on camera, but now that there would be serious consequences when he does, maybe we will see him act how he does in private, which would be interesting.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 22 August 2023, 10:21:24 »
The singular problem will be whether the courts will be able to keep MAGA partisans off the juries.

It is painfully obvious that Drumpf is 100% guilty of everything that he is charged with, plus a whole lot more, and that he is a pathological liar who almost surely has a mental problem that prevents him from even comprehending what "truth" actually is.

But that doesn't really matter.

If one of his glassy-eyed minions makes his way onto the jury, he will certainly vote to find Drumpf innocent regardless of incidental trivialities such as laws or evidence.

An interesting twist in the Georgia case is that racketeering carries mandatory jail time and I wonder how many of those defendants are really willing to go to prison for Dear Leader ....
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 22 August 2023, 15:39:57 »
Tp4 still can't find his VCRs to record this.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 22 August 2023, 16:14:37 »

to record this

It will be on Youtube within minutes.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 22 August 2023, 17:53:42 »
The singular problem will be whether the courts will be able to keep MAGA partisans off the juries.

It is painfully obvious that Drumpf is 100% guilty of everything that he is charged with, plus a whole lot more, and that he is a pathological liar who almost surely has a mental problem that prevents him from even comprehending what "truth" actually is.

But that doesn't really matter.

If one of his glassy-eyed minions makes his way onto the jury, he will certainly vote to find Drumpf innocent regardless of incidental trivialities such as laws or evidence.

An interesting twist in the Georgia case is that racketeering carries mandatory jail time and I wonder how many of those defendants are really willing to go to prison for Dear Leader ....

I mean he has already tried to intimidate witnesses, I think the courts know about that and will vet people to make sure this doesn't happen.

It will be on Youtube within minutes.

You could also watch a live stream of it incase you need to watch it on your phone or need a little guy in the bottom corner.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 22 August 2023, 18:16:12 »
On big trials like this especially, there are always spare jurors and the lead juror would report it and have them kicked off if they start acting unreasonably.
If one still snuck through and was the lone holdout it would probably be declared a mistrial.

Just simply by the numbers, the fact that the feds are not messing around and have a mountain of evidence (they have him dead to rights), chances of him being found not guilty on all counts is pretty much slim to none so weeding out a hardcore Trumper won't be difficult.

This is why he's scared, he knows chances of beating all the charges is nearly impossible, trying to defend one charge often incriminates you on another, something he's already falling victim to (he's had to suppress exonerating evidence as it would implicate him in others...). Worse, Georgia has no pardon and being a state charge (even if it's held in a federal court) means there's no Presidential pardon either. He can appeal, but those usually require either an unfair trial or new (exonerating) evidence or your appeal can be denied at any level (it's not like civil court), meaning it might not even reach the Supreme Court and even if it did there's no guarantee they would let him walk either, they've quite often ruled against him (they got what they wanted, end of Roe, and don't need him anymore).

Honestly, if I were the prosecutor, especially with the cameras there, I would make it a very strong point that we absolutely under no circumstances want him to take the stand. Him being him, he'd demand it. Then just keep him on topic and let him speak, given enough time he'd admit to almost everything. It would be some of the greatest court TV ever.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 22 August 2023, 18:33:12 »

it would probably be declared a mistrial.

This is a big fear. Mountains of time and money wasted, and he would instantly start crowing about being  "Completely Exonerated"

Honestly, if I were the prosecutor, especially with the cameras there, I would make it a very strong point that we absolutely under no circumstances want him to take the stand. Him being him, he'd demand it. Then just keep him on topic and let him speak, given enough time he'd admit to almost everything. It would be some of the greatest court TV ever.

That would be delicious, but it would jack the MAGAs up to the sky.

I fear that there are thousands of terror killings being brewed up all over the country.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 22 August 2023, 20:38:44 »
Just spent 2 hours looking for the vcr,  nope still can't find it. Might have to buy another vcr.

Going to record the airwave version

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 22 August 2023, 21:23:50 »
That would be delicious, but it would jack the MAGAs up to the sky.

I fear that there are thousands of terror killings being brewed up all over the country.

I feel that there won't be terror killings. They may be protests but if trump losing election didn't cause terror killings of that size than him going to jail won't do that as well.

I don't even think another capitol riot will happen. Think the GOP/supporters of the GOP and trump are to deflated at this point that they won't be able to organise on something of that size, plus there will be protections on the capitol, unless cops let them in again.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 23 August 2023, 06:23:41 »
This is a big fear. Mountains of time and money wasted, and he would instantly start crowing about being  "Completely Exonerated"
In criminal court, if you are found not guilty they can't retry you (unless there's really weird circumstances), a misstrial just means a do-over.

Trump would certainly crow about it but the state would just use it as practice and adjust the charges based on how the jury responded. It wouldn't help him in terms of criminal charges (it would hurt him) but it would help him politically, at least with Trumpers.

Based on what he said yesterday though if this starts going bad don't be surprised if you wake up and he's in Russia (a smarter choice would be Saudi Arabia). Lets hope the feds have most of the top secret documents.

I'm sure there's LOTS of attacks being planned (many hoping to start the next civil war), most will simply not happen but there's LOTS being "planned", the feds are/are going to be awfully busy the next few months.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 23 August 2023, 07:41:23 »

Based on what he said yesterday though if this starts going bad don't be surprised if you wake up and he's in Russia (a smarter choice would be Saudi Arabia).

That would be the dream, not only for regular people, but for the Republican Party, too. Many mega-donors have ditched him already.
Shedding Drumpf would leave them in disarray for a while, but it might allow the party to see a viable path into the future.

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 23 August 2023, 08:12:53 »
That would be the dream, not only for regular people, but for the Republican Party, too. Many mega-donors have ditched him already.
Shedding Drumpf would leave them in disarray for a while, but it might allow the party to see a viable path into the future.

Honestly, as much as trump has done so much damage to america, kinda would be sad to see him leave. No matter what he is still very funny and honestly him staying would keep the republican party in even more disarray, and I don't want to give the republicans a viable path into the future.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 23 August 2023, 08:36:58 »

I don't want to give the republicans a viable path into the future.

I hear you on that, believe me. But the most dangerous situation in society and politics is the "power vacuum" ....
Just look at the former Soviet Union, Afghanistan, Iraq, Venezuela, Niger, my fingers would wear out before I got halfway down the list.
It just demonstrates the truly transcendent stupidity of the ignorant rednecks in America today who talk about "tear it all down" or "civil war" (aka race war) as if they imagine that some utopia (as seen in their personal fantasy) would magically and immediately rise up out of the ashes.

The US needs at least 2 political parties, and we seem to be locked down to no more than 2 for the foreseeable future. And remember, the Republican Party was not always the evil behemoth that it became after 1977. Eisenhower presided over Brown vs Board of Education, Nixon shepherded the Environmental Protection Agency into existence.

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 23 August 2023, 09:30:17 »
I hear you on that, believe me. But the most dangerous situation in society and politics is the "power vacuum" ....
Just look at the former Soviet Union, Afghanistan, Iraq, Venezuela, Niger, my fingers would wear out before I got halfway down the list.
It just demonstrates the truly transcendent stupidity of the ignorant rednecks in America today who talk about "tear it all down" or "civil war" (aka race war) as if they imagine that some utopia (as seen in their personal fantasy) would magically and immediately rise up out of the ashes.

The US needs at least 2 political parties, and we seem to be locked down to no more than 2 for the foreseeable future. And remember, the Republican Party was not always the evil behemoth that it became after 1977. Eisenhower presided over Brown vs Board of Education, Nixon shepherded the Environmental Protection Agency into existence.

Fair, In the systems that be that's right, and while we live under those systems no matter how flawed they are we just need to deal with it until actual good change can happen and make sure things don't get worse. Still I hope there is an actual leftist party that can be in America and try to do a better job than the democrats one day.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 23 August 2023, 09:35:04 »

try to do a better job

Joe Biden has done an exemplary job and accomplished much in the face of colossal resistance (including from within his own party).
I cannot understand why "progressives" are not ecstatically grateful for the job he has done.

You have to be grateful for "something" even when you can't get "everything" ....

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 23 August 2023, 10:02:29 »
Joe Biden has done an exemplary job and accomplished much in the face of colossal resistance (including from within his own party).
I cannot understand why "progressives" are not ecstatically grateful for the job he has done.

You have to be grateful for "something" even when you can't get "everything" ....

I wouldn't say exemplary, but I agree that they are trying at least to fix some of the issues they promised to, and the resistance is making that harder. But the democrats still don't go far enough, to fix some of the core issues that the country like how they clearly prioritise corporations over the workers, when they forced the rail workers to stop their strike and go back to the horrible conditions they were trying to get rid of. I agree that they have done some good and have pushed back on the terrible things that the republicans have done and I can respect that, but that doesn't mean we should be thanking for joe biden or something, cause we can definitely push them to do better or at least try to.

That's just how I feel, I feel a similar way to the Labour party in australia and they are far more left than the democrats.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 23 August 2023, 10:37:53 »

we can definitely push them

In a rigid 2-party system it seems to be a given that each will do whatever it can to promote its agenda, and that it should expect resistance from those with opposite desires. After all, there is always a constant pressure for votes in the next election that each side must be sensitive to.

It becomes greatly problematic when the explicit goal of one party is to inflict as much damage as possible on the established governmental system (including both its actions and the structural integrity itself). Those of us who value our country and appreciate its stability were appalled and disgusted when the Republican Party, in 2020, refused to even write a party platform before the election.

"So you want us to vote for you even though you aren't going to tell us what you will do when and if you get the power to do it?"

For whatever its failings, the Democratic Party in the US today is an actual political party with an expressed agenda and clearly stated goals.

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 23 August 2023, 11:17:05 »
For whatever its failings, the Democratic Party in the US today is an actual political party with an expressed agenda and clearly stated goals.

Yeah I think a lot of progressives do compromise with the democrats, as we know that no matter how bad and incompetent the democrats can run, they are way better than the republicans and at least they aren't trying to make things worse.

Same thing in australia, except third parties have a lot more power. I would much rather the labour party have the majority than the liberals, because the liberals want to privatise everything and make things worse for the general people.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 25 August 2023, 01:59:46 »
His mugshot looks ai generated

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 25 August 2023, 02:10:19 »

yeah his right eye looks so strange thought the mugshot was edited or something when I first saw it.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
Re: Trump Trial will be televised (general thread about these trials)
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 25 August 2023, 03:17:51 »
When does it start? I may watch too :)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 25 August 2023, 05:14:25 »
I get too angry every time I see his face, so I don't want to see the trial.
I just want to hear that he will go to jail for the rest of his life, so that I don't have to see his face (anywhere) ever again.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 25 August 2023, 06:30:43 »
When does it start? I may watch too :)

At the earliest, october 23rd.  But these things are speculation at the moment, including the televised part. They are fighting all of the proposals and doing delay on all dates.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 25 August 2023, 08:35:02 »

yeah his right eye looks so strange thought the mugshot was edited or something when I first saw it.

Clearly he was leaning very far forward to look menacing, and probably hoping to force the photo out of focus. The county seal in the background doesn't look like it should.

As with everything about his hateful and creepy persona, his followers will love it and everybody else will be repelled.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 25 August 2023, 09:59:11 »
Apparently he sold Mar-A-Lago (valued by Zillow at $24M) a couple of weeks ago to another shell company owned by his son.

Selling price? $422M

If I were him, I too would be shedding assets as fast as I could to try to avoid having them confiscated.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/donald-trump-transferred-ownership-of-mar-a-lago-estate-to-his-son-days-before-arrest/ar-AA1fK8rO

Remember, in Georgia, confiscation of assets is a major component of racketeering.

"2020 Georgia Code
Title 16 - Crimes and Offenses
Chapter 14 - Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations
§ 16-14-4. Prohibited Activities
Universal Citation: GA Code § 16-14-4 (2020)
    a. It shall be unlawful for any person, through a pattern of racketeering activity or proceeds derived therefrom, to acquire or maintain, directly or indirectly, any interest in or control of any enterprise, real property, or personal property of any nature, including money.
    b. It shall be unlawful for any person employed by or associated with any enterprise to conduct or participate in, directly or indirectly, such enterprise through a pattern of racketeering activity.
    c. It shall be unlawful for any person to conspire or endeavor to violate any of the provisions of subsection (a) or (b) of this Code section. A person violates this subsection when:
        1. He or she together with one or more persons conspires to violate any of the provisions of subsection (a) or (b) of this Code section and any one or more of such persons commits any overt act to effect the object of the conspiracy; or
        2. He or she endeavors to violate any of the provisions of subsection (a) or (b) of this Code section and commits any overt act to effect the object of the endeavor."

Offline Surefoot

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 25 August 2023, 11:29:59 »
If I were him, I too would be shedding assets as fast as I could to try to avoid having them confiscated.
Will that protect him (or DTJR) from RICO charges though ? And is that really a good idea once he's been indicted ? Seems a bit too easy a solution to escape justice...

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 25 August 2023, 12:07:00 »
He posted on Twitter (aka X) for the 1st time in 2 years to upload his mug shot.

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 25 August 2023, 13:22:10 »
He posted on Twitter (aka X) for the 1st time in 2 years to upload his mug shot.

To be honest I'm surprised he didn't tweet earlier. Very obviously a publicity stunt thought.

At the earliest, october 23rd.  But these things are speculation at the moment, including the televised part. They are fighting all of the proposals and doing delay on all dates. [/size][/color]

I have heard that it might get pushed back to early 2024 (like february march or so) but probably no late than that, plus the prosecution don't want to delay this case and get it over with so it might be earlier.

Also at least for the georgia case, a judge agreed that cameras should be allowed into the courtroom, pretty much confirming that it will be televised, since a president going on trial is unprecedented and every big news channel would want the scoop and footage.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 25 August 2023, 17:45:44 »
So Georgia is trying or did just pass a law allowing the (state) senate to dismiss any district attorney they don't like... And goes into effect, October.
Care to guess who that was aimed at? So just before the trial starts they may fire the D.A. and the next could just dismiss the case.

However, doing this is the past has often invoked the ire of the presiding judge, especially when there's a ton of evidence of a crime and may force the D.A. to continue regardless.

If the man is innocent, let it run it's course. He claims he has the proof, let him present it in court.
These are not the actions of people who truly think the man is innocent.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 25 August 2023, 17:49:17 »
If the man is innocent, let it run it's course. He claims he has the proof, let him present it in court.

He's clearly not innocent, the problem here is, the world has 2 justice systems, 1 for the wealthy and 1 for the plebs.

They're trying hard to nail him using the regular justice system of the plebs, this is the real kurfuffle that no one in the system is used to.

His business in real estate and hotels is just code word for Brothels.   If the justice system of the rich tries anything, you drag out a huge deluge of dark deals / patrons from both side of the political spectrum. 

This is why it's so hard, kompromat all around. Rv5sians knew this, they have a very advanced system for blackmail of this sort.

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 25 August 2023, 17:56:21 »
So Georgia is trying or did just pass a law allowing the (state) senate to dismiss any district attorney they don't like... And goes into effect, October.
Care to guess who that was aimed at? So just before the trial starts they may fire the D.A. and the next could just dismiss the case.

However, doing this is the past has often invoked the ire of the presiding judge, especially when there's a ton of evidence of a crime and may force the D.A. to continue regardless.

I understand the reason why they are passing the law, so they can get rid of people who are "progressive" or don't align with their values, but why save trump. I was watching hasan and he made me remember that trump only has 1 term left, even if he wins they don't have anyone else good run. He is useless to the mainline GOP who used trump to gain power. This is why fox news is barely defending him, way less than he would have done in 2017 or 2020 as examples.

Hopefully this doesn't affect anything, but it's hard not to get nervous.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #37 on: Sat, 26 August 2023, 08:11:18 »
Show Image

He looks so goofy and sad it's incredible.
I was very surprised by the mugshot tbh. I'd have figured he's just act really happy in it, as if it were a holiday picture. A lot of his companions did. No doubt as a defence mechanism.

He just looks really angry. Not sure why this is the look he went for (because you can bet he practiced it).

They're already selling merch of it, btw.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #38 on: Sat, 26 August 2023, 08:21:24 »

He just looks really angry.

Anger has always been the cornerstone of Trump's brand.

The entirety of his political tactic is to stoke fear. And it is known that fear can become anger and anger can become hate. Hate is something he can work with.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #39 on: Sat, 26 August 2023, 09:17:17 »
I understand the reason why they are passing the law, so they can get rid of people who are "progressive" or don't align with their values, but why save trump.
He makes it okay to be a**holes to anyone they dislike and that their opinion is the only one that matters.

Without him they're scared their Klan robes politically incorrectness robes will be shoved back into the closet.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline Morbii

« Reply #40 on: Sat, 26 August 2023, 09:56:48 »

It almost looks like he was crying beforehand to me.  That redness around the eyes.

Offline Morbii

« Reply #41 on: Sat, 26 August 2023, 10:04:22 »
edit: never mind. I read it wrong.

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #42 on: Sun, 08 October 2023, 20:22:20 »
Trumps fraud trial doesn't have a jury because his lawyer marked a box that says that the judge, who trump has made fun of before as the sole decider of the case. He is so screwed.

On top of that Trump and the GOP have no money, like at all. According to Washington post he has already spent 40million on legal fees and when he inevitably loses one of the fraud cases, he will have to pay so much more as well as probably having to pay Melania more as she is negotiating her prenup.

Some of the state GOPs has no money as well, especially compared to the democrats. The Arizona GOP has just around 144,000 usd on hand. Michigan has around 94,000 in the bank. Daily beast said that the they only have $54 dollars on hand, which means a jobless teenager has more money on hand than the entire Michigan GOP.

It is going so poorly for them, trump and a lot of the GOP are screwed.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/maddowblog/multiple-state-republican-parties-are-alarmingly-short-money-rcna96156

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/10/04/politics/trump-new-york-case-no-jury/index.html

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #43 on: Sun, 08 October 2023, 21:03:09 »

a lot of the GOP are screwed.

Unfortunately, there are a significant number of GOP mega-donors who can fund anything and everything they want.

My guess is that they are not spending now, so far in advance of the primaries, because it is all flushing down the toilet of legal fees at the top for the foreseeable future.

They will support down-ballot candidates later, and let Drumpf stew in his own juices.

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #44 on: Sun, 08 October 2023, 23:07:22 »
Unfortunately, there are a significant number of GOP mega-donors who can fund anything and everything they want.

My guess is that they are not spending now, so far in advance of the primaries, because it is all flushing down the toilet of legal fees at the top for the foreseeable future.

They will support down-ballot candidates later, and let Drumpf stew in his own juices.

Oh yeah didn't consider the mega donors. They will probably have some more money, but definitely not enough compared to democrats. They raised like 70million before the election cycle. I think you see 100% more democrat ads in 2024.

Also they have 100% given up on trump, he stills hold influence but they know he is going to prison, they do need to find someone quick cause even the almost soulless and pretty forgettable Kamala Harris would probably still beat any other republican, even ****head Desantis. Plus they are even less organized now that Kevin McCarthy is gone.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #45 on: Mon, 09 October 2023, 08:53:10 »

not enough compared to democrats.

I wish that were true, but in the US the "real" money is dark money and there is no record of where it comes from or where it goes.

The Democratic Party takes some of it, to be sure, but the overwhelming majority goes to Republicans. That is half of the reason that they win elections even though they are serving up a platter of turds year after year.

The other half of the reason is that there has been a relentless war of disinformation waging (raging?) here for 4 and a half decades, and at this point there are fewer and fewer of us who remember the Before Times.

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #46 on: Tue, 24 October 2023, 00:04:25 »
Apparently trump violated his gag order by keeping up a social media post lol, $5000 fine that one.

Also one of his lawyers plead guilty and is turning on him now? he is so finished (also I thought his lawyers last name was cheesebro cause I didn't read it properly XD)

Gag order source - https://www.politico.com/news/2023/10/20/trump-fine-gag-order-00122832
Lawyer guilty source - https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/oct/23/donald-trump-georgia-kenneth-chesebro-plea-deal-criminal-case

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #47 on: Tue, 24 October 2023, 09:01:50 »

he is so finished

In a world that was not Bizarro World that would be true, but MAGA has its tentacles reaching through every level of US governments - local, state, and national.

I am taking some comfort in the fact that although Georgia might have been a safe haven for him, he picked nasty feud with Governor Brian Kemp (himself about as "hard right" as you will find) and is not likely to get any help from the person in Georgia who might have helped him the most.

Offline TomahawkLabs

« Reply #48 on: Tue, 24 October 2023, 10:25:57 »
Additionally a lot of Ex-Trump lawyers are taking guilty pleas. If they are coping a plea deal, what info are they giving up?
Always looking for Alps SKCM/SKCL switches. Feel free to DM.
AMD 5600x | RTX3080 | 2x 1TB NVME + 4x 4TB HDD | B550M Pro-P | 32GB RAM | RM850x | Node 804 | Schiit Modius/Magnius + Audeze LCD-2 | Dell S3422DWG
GMMK 1 Full Size Barebones | Zealio 67g ; Apple M3501 handwired | Alps SKCM Damped Cream
SA: Camping

Offline Surefoot

« Reply #49 on: Wed, 25 October 2023, 02:52:27 »
https://www.rawstory.com/trump-fraud-trial-erupts-laughter/
Someone got his lawyer license on Ace Attorney and thinks he's Phoenix Wright ;)
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 October 2023, 02:56:31 by Surefoot »