Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 873343 times)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #2900 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 10:43:43 »
I've been replaying a bit of Fallout NV recently.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2901 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 19:01:48 »

I was really tempted to give Fallout another go, to get hype for Fallout 4, but then I realised I owned it on console, and it really doesn't play nice with Windows 7
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2902 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 23:13:28 »

I was really tempted to give Fallout another go, to get hype for Fallout 4, but then I realised I owned it on console, and it really doesn't play nice with Windows 7

It's actually been playing nice with me this go around.  In the past it was crash happy.

Offline David123123

« Reply #2903 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 03:11:19 »
I stopped playing computer games when i was 19 but i only use to play Diablo 2 every summer. It's my tradition
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 July 2015, 11:41:27 by jwaz »

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #2904 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 05:04:58 »
I have been playing morrowind a bit, I need to get the mod so I can play in higher resolutions, though. It's a bit sucky on the resolution side right now.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2905 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 05:35:41 »
This last week I've been playing a decent chunk of sc2 again. MMR has been wiped apparentaly so when I jumped into a few unranked 1v1's I was playing bronze and silver players. Which was very, very dull. Then I started to look at the maps... Holy **** what a joke those are. Stopped playing 1v1 and got cracking on 2v2. Mostly unchanged bug a handful of new maps which are horrible, really really bad. To the point where if you spawn as T or Z as some maps your ahead, against me (as a Protoss) because of the use and positioning of gold bases, it's autistic. That said 2v2 DIAMOND MATE WHAT UP RANK13 TOP BANANA!

Offline nothing4me

« Reply #2906 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 00:27:08 »
My most favorite game right now is Company of Heroes 2. The sound design alone is amazing. I feel like I'm actually in a war zone because the sounds feel so accurate and riveting. I can definitely understand why soldiers would be shell shocked after war... Lots of strategy. Makes Starcraft look pretty simple honestly.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2907 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 00:30:52 »
rocket league 4 life
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #2908 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 17:12:43 »
Been really enjoying Portal Stories: Mel.

Highly, highly recommended iif you enjoyed Portal 2.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #2909 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 22:29:36 »

It's actually been playing nice with me this go around.  In the past it was crash happy.

This is exactly why I stopped playing it again....froze up to many times when I was out in the wastelands and lost 15+ minutes of gameplay each time. :(

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #2910 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 22:31:33 »
Been playing lots of Morrowind again... and it's really quite fun thus far. I'm playing on the default difficulty and I'm still getting destroyed by some guys in the egg mine for the fighters guild.  :))

And I have been having a blast on Serious sam, so damn frantic and fast paced shooter, anyone want to jump onto the Co op some time? :D
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 July 2015, 22:33:13 by Air tree »

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2911 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 22:39:20 »
Been playing lots of Morrowind again... and it's really quite fun thus far. I'm playing on the default difficulty and I'm still getting destroyed by some guys in the egg mine for the fighters guild.  :))

And I have been having a blast on Serious sam, so damn frantic and fast paced shooter, anyone want to jump onto the Co op some time? :D

Are you using the Morrowind Overhaul? I have been meaning to find the time to reply it with the overhaul, but haven't gotten around to it.

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #2912 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 22:44:17 »

Are you using the Morrowind Overhaul? I have been meaning to find the time to reply it with the overhaul, but haven't gotten around to it.
It's my first time playing it, so I have only the bug fix patches and the delayed Dark brotherhood attack mod installed.

Still vanilla has a unique charm about it, despite it's dated graphics.

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #2913 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 01:07:37 »

This last week I've been playing a decent chunk of sc2 again. MMR has been wiped apparentaly so when I jumped into a few unranked 1v1's I was playing bronze and silver players. Which was very, very dull. Then I started to look at the maps... Holy **** what a joke those are. Stopped playing 1v1 and got cracking on 2v2. Mostly unchanged bug a handful of new maps which are horrible, really really bad. To the point where if you spawn as T or Z as some maps your ahead, against me (as a Protoss) because of the use and positioning of gold bases, it's autistic. That said 2v2 DIAMOND MATE WHAT UP RANK13 TOP BANANA!

Nice! I used to play a ton of 4v4, since 1v1 gives me too much anxiety... I grinds enough games to get to master in HotS, while being like gold in 1v1 lol

On another note I started playing Path of Exile to wait for D3 new season. Anyone else play? I'm so lost...

Offline eddie

• ееее
« Reply #2914 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 01:15:19 »
anybody play tera? lol :thumb:

Offline Ramage

• * Maker
« Reply #2915 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 22:43:26 »
Borderlands 2 all day.  Best game I've ever played.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #2916 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 09:41:54 »

Hnnnng makes me want to play again so badly!! Think I'll have o install it sometime this weekend. The gf is really into Skyrim, would be neat to play some Morrowind for a change! My all-time favorite game from my teenage years, Counter-Strike is probably a close second.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #2917 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 09:45:33 »
I'm playing ark: survival evolved.  If you like survival, building and riding Dino's, and pvp this game is for you!  If anyone plays or gets the game, hit me up I play on official server 46 pvpve. 

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2918 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 21:07:02 »
I'm installing Dying Light right now and will be giving that a shot here soon.

I have Portal 2 to finish. Last played Aug 2013. Not sure why I stopped. I remember it being a lot of fun but I need to finish it already.

I finally wrapped up Bioshock 1 and 2 and have Infinite to start.

I'm currently in the midst of Styx: Master of Shadows and find it quite fun.

GTA:V gets random play time. It's mostly an hour or so of raging around town, possibly a mission or two then raging around until I'm bored.

I keep looking into the Fallout series and haven't convinced myself if I should just get it already or not. Probably just start with 3 and then NV eventually jumping to 4 assuming I like 3 or NV enough.

EDIT: Dying Light is pretty damn cool so far. Just hate getting a cool game that I'm horrible at. I can't even pass a challenge that involves sprinting across a section of the map. Can't even make it to the finish line in 2mins. Also it seems on an R9 390 8GB I'm experiencing some forms of lag here and there. Maybe I should have gotten the 390x? Or possibly just gone Nvidia? smh. Back to it.
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 July 2015, 00:33:59 by FreeCopy »
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline temporal

• gear for the gear god
« Reply #2919 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 21:25:44 »
Hearthstone, so much Hearthstone

as an ex-MTG player I really appreciate what Blizzard has done to eliminate my worst fear - the dreaded mana screw

I miss the deckbuilding complexity and sheer quantity of cards that MTG has. Never been a huge fan of Warcraft lore, either. Yeah, I'll probably be back playing MTG as soon as they release a halfway decent online client

besides that it's TF2 (hat simulator) and waiting on the new Blood Bowl

used to play EVE but who has time to play internet spreadsheets these days anyway? it was fun freighting around in my Providence. any EVE players around here?

let's see what else... TIS-100! brings me right back to my assembly roots

rock on you Borderlands and Elder Scrolls players, excellent games

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #2920 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 21:38:40 »
Insurgency.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #2921 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 20:23:11 »

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #2922 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 21:47:41 »
Been playing Talos Principal for a few days now. It definitely has some nice puzzles, so if you like Portal, it would be a good choice.

Offline Bomble

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2924 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 00:11:04 »
2K11

IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #2925 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 00:29:52 »
i've actually been playing a lot of runescape lately, trying to finally max my acc after all these years.

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2926 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 01:31:32 »
I kinda just want to play diablo 2 LOL...

My engrish during D2 times wasn't so good, it's still no so good.. So i feel like I might get more lore out of D2 if I replay it ?

Hows D3 doing..  is there still an active community ?

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #2927 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 01:33:53 »

My engrish during D2 times wasn't so good, it's still no so good.. So i feel like I might get more lore out of D2 if I replay it ?

Seems to be better since changes, i go back now and then when i am bored. New season coming out soon, so might pull me back!

Offline Bomble

« Reply #2928 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 03:31:46 »
i've actually been playing a lot of runescape lately, trying to finally max my acc after all these years.

The current build, or the old school version? I've been tempted to log back in to the old school servers just for nostalgia's sake recently.

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #2929 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 03:52:44 »
I tried to come back and play a while ago.

I have finally given it up. It's too much work to finally get my old account to a decent level.  :))

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2930 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 12:58:14 »
I'm contemplating picking up Shadow of Mordor to lose myself in this weekend. ANybody able to convince me otherwise?

Although it is still 30 GBP on steam...

How about Dishonoured?
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 August 2015, 13:01:41 by katushkin »

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #2931 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 13:10:34 »

D3 is much more enjoyable if you bot while you're at work. This is what I've heard.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #2932 on: Mon, 31 August 2015, 00:22:48 »
Get an xbox 360 controller and download The Expendabros from Steam for free, super fun!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2933 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 01:30:31 »

Yeeaaaahhhhhhh booiiissss

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #2934 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 01:48:27 »
Considering dropping my game subscription due to not playing much. 

Starting to make the conversion to table top D&D 5E.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline invisuu

« Reply #2935 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 02:18:04 »
I'm also enjoying MGSV nowadays. Anyone playing Guild Wars 2?

Offline Bomble

« Reply #2936 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 04:34:59 »
What's the big deal with MGS? Never played it. Sell it to me.

And eh I played GW2 at launch, I was really hoping for something closer to GW1. So many good memories from that game.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2937 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 05:42:01 »

And eh I played GW2 at launch, I was really hoping for something closer to GW1. So many good memories from that game.

Reported

Offline Bomble

« Reply #2938 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 06:06:21 »

Reported

But mooooooom

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2939 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 11:19:26 »

The last time I tried it (PS or PS2 days) was with Sons of Liberty.  I absolutely hated it.  The fixed camera angles made it almost impossible for me to play in spite of having a great story.  Who came up with the idea to have awkward angles that don't adjust as you move in a game that relies on fine controls in order to slip past people or accurately shoot people.  The new ones look better and I want to try some, but I also have a hard time shelling out that kind of money after remembering how terrible my first experience was.
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 September 2015, 11:21:24 by nubbinator »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2940 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 13:10:38 »

The last time I tried it (PS or PS2 days) was with Sons of Liberty.  I absolutely hated it.  The fixed camera angles made it almost impossible for me to play in spite of having a great story.  Who came up with the idea to have awkward angles that don't adjust as you move in a game that relies on fine controls in order to slip past people or accurately shoot people.  The new ones look better and I want to try some, but I also have a hard time shelling out that kind of money after remembering how terrible my first experience was.

If I was a mod, I'd perma ban you for such insolence.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2941 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 13:59:50 »
More

Not my fault that the camera angles were **** and made the game almost unplayable in the original.  There are many others who have said the same thing.

You can have the best story in the world, but if the controls are awful, the game will suck.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2942 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 14:48:13 »
Mad Max was the best game to come out yesterday.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2943 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 00:42:03 »
More

Not my fault that the camera angles were **** and made the game almost unplayable in the original.  There are many others who have said the same thing.

You can have the best story in the world, but if the controls are awful, the game will suck.

I mean, all of what you said is bollocks. The camera angles in that game are totally fine and your never left with bad views of the environment, on top of that your able to have access to nodes, or if you want can have the radar on at all times.
The controls are of its time, it's not really fair to have a crack at them because it came out while 3rd person action games where stil being worked out. It would be like having a go at Doom for not controlling like Quake 2 or something.

Also if you had a free look camera it would be even worse, the Tanker and Bog Shell consist largely of tight corridors and narrow passageways, the camera would either get stuck against walls, in corners etc or have to clip through the whole environment. Kojima has said that for the HD collection be considered having a free camera but it simply wouldn't work.

MGS2 is more than playable with its fixed camera angles and is one of the best games ever made. I feel like if your struggling it's probably more to do with you 'not doing it right' or wanting to sprint around the map.

Also, the reduced vision/map access for the Shell, is intentional.
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 September 2015, 02:47:52 by baldgye »

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #2944 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 00:47:31 »
I'm going to buy a ps3 and pick up all the MGS games and do a marathon when I can.

It shall be fun.

And once I get to it, I'll buy Ground zeros and Phantom pain on PC and have some fun.

Since Hideo Kojima is not working on the MGS anymore, will there be any more of them, or is this the final game in the series?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2945 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 01:10:07 »
That's a solid idea mate ;)

But yeah, I have to imagine that Konami can't afford to drop the MGS brand, how ever given the recent announcement of that Silent Hill slot machine, I imagine they will continue the name on with other gambling machines and free to play mobile games.
I hope we see a Rising 2 come out at some point as I think Platinum could do really well with that if they were given more than a year or so but I've no idea how well MGR sold initially.

So yeah, probably safe to say MGS is dead, though Konami will **** it's corpse till there isn't a penny left.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #2946 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 01:57:26 »
You better pick it up on Steam, son. I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU DON'T... I just can't afford a PS4... but yeah, I'm not reading any posts about MGS indepth until I've finished Peacewalker and MGS5 :P

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2947 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 02:45:47 »
You better pick it up on Steam, son. I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU DON'T... I just can't afford a PS4... but yeah, I'm not reading any posts about MGS indepth until I've finished Peacewalker and MGS5 :P

How have you not finished PW yet bro... wtf

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #2948 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 03:24:38 »

I told you ~ my ps3 died while i was playing it T.T

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2949 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 03:32:38 »

I told you ~ my ps3 died while i was playing it T.T

OH YEAH....