Author Topic: Durgod Taurus Aurora K310 with Dual Lighting System updated with video.  (Read 4171 times)

Offline KPrepublic

• * Vendor
    • KPrepublic
189874-0

Happy to get new Durgod Taurus Aurora. Durgod developed a dual lighting system to Aurora, which give their K series keyboards a new life.

What I got is equipped Cherry MX Red switch.

189876-1

Aurora is heavier than the old K310. The keycaps are not very stunning but the touch feels amazing, comparing with the old K310.

The dual lighting system is programmable. It is able to customise the lighting of each zone on the keyboard. Of cause, it is not perfect that there are only two colours (Red and Blue). But it is enough when using the dynamic lighting effect.

189878-2

Will upload more pictures and videos soon.
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 March 2018, 06:35:13 by KPrepublic »

Offline KPrepublic

• * Vendor
    • KPrepublic
Re: Durgod Taurus Aurora K310 with Dual Lighting System
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 21:58:44 »
Here is the dual lighting video.

Take a look.

« Last Edit: Wed, 28 February 2018, 01:27:20 by KPrepublic »

Offline buckyballs

Re: Durgod Taurus Aurora K310 with Dual Lighting System updated with video.
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 06:29:43 »
" it is not perfect that there are only two colours (Red and Blur)"

Now I also feel very Blur.

Offline KPrepublic

• * Vendor
    • KPrepublic
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 06:34:33 »
" it is not perfect that there are only two colours (Red and Blur)"

Now I also feel very Blur.

sorry should be blue. sorry for the typo.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 08:08:13 »
Uh oh,  flipped switches..  all the caps people gonna be like, it don' fit.. hahaha

Offline KPrepublic

• * Vendor
    • KPrepublic
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 08:16:41 »
Uh oh,  flipped switches..  all the caps people gonna be like, it don' fit.. hahaha

Sorry my limited language. I don't catch what you mean. I guess you want to say the switch Durgod used is cliche. The caps looks not bad. :)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 08:24:59 »

Sorry my limited language. I don't catch what you mean. I guess you want to say the switch Durgod used is cliche. The caps looks not bad. :)

Haha, don't worry, we understand you perfectly.

What I meant is,  there is a controversy among Current Keycap Collectors, that the new GMK sets and original (Cherry Doubleshot) keycaps do not fit properly on any keyboards using the upside down switch layout.

So they've been running around telling everyone not to buy keyboards with upside down switches

Offline KPrepublic

• * Vendor
    • KPrepublic
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 08:30:36 »

What I meant is,  there is a controversy among Current Keycap Collectors, that the new GMK sets and original (Cherry Doubleshot) keycaps do not fit properly on any keyboards using the upside down switch layout.

So they've been running around telling everyone not to buy keyboards with upside down switches

Haha, Well noted. Learned a lot.

Thank you.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 08:31:00 »

I used to think that way...

But now I feel like, if people want to use keyboards with backlighting, they really should use switches that face "north" instead of "south." Cherry/GMK keys are not great for use on backlit keyboards, anyway, since you can't see through the thick ABS normally. And keys designed to have translucent legends for backlighting have the legends on the "north" like they should.

Now, for a DIY keyboard, people might not install the backlighting LEDs in the switches, in which case the orientation doesn't matter.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline KPrepublic

• * Vendor
    • KPrepublic
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 08:38:47 »

I used to think that way...

But now I feel like, if people want to use keyboards with backlighting, they really should use switches that face "north" instead of "south." Cherry/GMK keys are not great for use on backlit keyboards, anyway, since you can't see through the thick ABS normally. And keys designed to have translucent legends for backlighting have the legends on the "north" like they should.

Now, for a DIY keyboard, people might not install the backlighting LEDs in the switches, in which case the orientation doesn't matter.

What do you mean swiches that face 'north' instead of 'south'? The side with LED faces to where hand put, doesn't it? I have never see keys that have legends on the 'north'. Could you show me an example of it? Thank you.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 08:48:30 »
Like this:

This shows 'north' facing switch/LED:
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline KPrepublic

• * Vendor
    • KPrepublic
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 08:50:13 »
Like this:

Show Image

thank you. Got what you mean.